+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default head circumference not increasing

dd had her two month's check up yesterday and her head circumference didnt grow in a month. The nurse asked me to come back in a month time, and if its still not growing well, i need to go see the doctor. I am freaking out. Her head does seem small but is still on the chart around 20th percentile. Her weight and height is at 70th percentile. She is generally is a happy girl, smiling all the time, feeding and sleeping well. But the thought of her head not growing well and it might be an indication of something severe is freaking me out. I am massaging her head non stop in a hope that it might help it grow. Does anyone had similar problem with their bubs? and how did it go ? Thanks

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think sometimes it's fused when it's meant to still be loose? I think they can correct it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HLE  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm currently in the UK and they don't even measure their heads or length here so I kind of think it can't be that big of a worry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

HLE  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to my friend and she had to see a Paediatrician. What she realised though was although her baby's head circumference hadn't increased his head height had increased if that makes sense (his head had grown up, but not around). They don't measure that way so there was no indication that his head size was increasing. I think that his circumference stalled for a month or two and then started increasing again. She did say that she googled but did not find anything good so if you can stay away from googling that will help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    This happened to my friend and she had to see a Paediatrician. What she realised though was although her baby's head circumference hadn't increased his head height had increased if that makes sense (his head had grown up, but not around). They don't measure that way so there was no indication that his head size was increasing. I think that his circumference stalled for a month or two and then started increasing again. She did say that she googled but did not find anything good so if you can stay away from googling that will help.
    Thank you very much. I have already done googling and indeed it freaked me out even more. Her head does seem to be longer in shape. I might measure it that way by myself later and take a note of it. Dh seems very calm and saying since she is quite healthy at the moment, we shouldn't worry too much. But I just can't stop thinking about it. With ds, he didn't gain enough weight and I stressed about it a lot. Now with dd, it is the head circumference.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HLE View Post
    Thank you very much. I have already done googling and indeed it freaked me out even more. Her head does seem to be longer in shape. I might measure it that way by myself later and take a note of it. Dh seems very calm and saying since she is quite healthy at the moment, we shouldn't worry too much. But I just can't stop thinking about it. With ds, he didn't gain enough weight and I stressed about it a lot. Now with dd, it is the head circumference.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I asked the GP the other day about DS' flat head, I understand it will fix itself but I'd googled and discovered there is a condition where it can actually cause problems (damn google!). The GP said if that was the issue he wouldn't be happy, smiling, and developing so well. Maybe try to stick with that train of thought. But again, I kind of think if a whole region doesn't take note of how head circumference is developing then it can't be that big of an issue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

HLE  (10-06-2014)