+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two of my boys have already left home, although very sad for me at the time ( still is if I'm to be honest)I know it's a natural progression.

I would never ask them to leave, well maybe if they were the entitled no hoping type, but my door is always open for any returns lol

My last son will be joining the army and leaving early next year,it's really hard to let go, to me he is still a baby but I'm confident he will do well.

So no I would never have a magic age where they were expected to leave and the locks changed lol

It's very confronting when your children start to leave home!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 20 and still live at home. No matter how hard I try I just cant get a rental (if I could, id be out of this sh*t hole). Ive never been asked to leave, never been given a set age to get out. I dont really think my mum cares if im here to be honest.
    Her boyfriend, has been living with his dad for 7 years, only because he is elderly and he is caring for him after and accident he had that gave him ongoing problems. (Mums bf did leave home at 18).
    I dont think id ever tell my kids to leave at a certain age. Id push them to be more independant and gradually help them to move out on their own.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    They can stay as long as they like, and then build a house on our property if they want to! Yep, I'm a weirdo like that. Hope to keep my kids close for life, really.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    They can stay as long as they like, and then build a house on our property if they want to! Yep, I'm a weirdo like that. Hope to keep my kids close for life, really.
    My uncle did this with my cousins! Theres my uncle and aunty's house, then the cows paddock and then their sons house and right next door to that is their daughters house! They live on a fair bit of land and share the paddocks between them.

He + Me = dd1 (july 2007), dd2 (july 2010), dd3 (august 2012), dd4 (may 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    I can only imagine, my parents are empty nesters and initially it was o hard for them as they had us kids young, so were young empty nesters and had to get to now each other sans kids again or for the first time really.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    I can only imagine, my parents are empty nesters and initially it was o hard for them as they had us kids young, so were young empty nesters and had to get to now each other sans kids again or for the first time really.
    I completely get that, honestly, one minute your kids are sitting on your hip and it seems like in moments they are out the door, childhoods go by so fast

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (06-06-2014),LoveLivesHere  (06-06-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Two of my boys have already left home, although very sad for me at the time ( still is if I'm to be honest)I know it's a natural progression.

I would never ask them to leave, well maybe if they were the entitled no hoping type, but my door is always open for any returns lol

My last son will be joining the army and leaving early next year,it's really hard to let go, to me he is still a baby but I'm confident he will do well.

So no I would never have a magic age where they were expected to leave and the locks changed lol

Yep this.

I will add it heartbreaking when the move out especially if it is a long way away.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (06-06-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (06-06-2014),Mokeybear  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I moved out at 18 with a one way ticket to Europe and my Mum said she would sniff my pillow and sit in my room. Being a teenager, I thought Mum was being melodramatic, but the thought of any of my kids moving to the other side of the world with a one way ticket..... .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    I moved out at 18 with a one way ticket to Europe and my Mum said she would sniff my pillow and sit in my room. Being a teenager, I thought Mum was being melodramatic, but the thought of any of my kids moving to the other side of the world with a one way ticket..... .
    Omg you were cruel. Your poor mother.

Wow the other side of country is hard enough. I couldn't imagine that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I moved out of home at 22 when I got married to xdh. I had finished my degree + done some post grad had been working full time for 2 years. I was paying board at home once I got a full time job, but mum and dad did give us some money towards the wedding, so I guess I got my board back.

I wouldn't want my kids to leave home without finishing uni, having a full time job and having some savings behind them.

Reading this thread makes me feel a bit sad. I have a son in year 12 at the moment. He is growing up fast and will be wanting to leave home in a few short years.

I don't know if my SN child will ever be able to leave home though, but that is a whole other thread.
    So I guess that he is only Appling for local uni's.
    In all reality He could move out next year if chose a uni in another state or town.

Scary hey.