+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm amazed too given the general views on the Hub.

I would have flown to the moon and back before having a "friend" sleepover while my parents were in the house, even when I was over 18. Ew no way.

Not sure what I'd do with my own kids. Like most things I tend not to say never as I know my views change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Would I allow it? Yes she is a adult and I would rather them be at home then sneaking around and though I do think someone should have told them to come say hello I can completely understand them not doing it because really if you thought your child was DTD would you want the awkward situation of interrupting them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When we were teenagers, we weren't allowed to have boys stay over. I spent a lot of time at my bfs place. He didn't believe in Sex before marriage, but we still fooled around a lot - and yes we were in his bedroom "watching movies". In all fairness, we would watch most of the movie/s.

Despite the no boys allowed to stay rule, my sister still had her bfs stay over from when she was about 18/19. I didn't have a bf stay over until I was about 21, and even then still had to fight it.

I don't have a problem with an 18yo having privacy. I would have an issue with them being in the bedroom, door shut all day. Fair enough in the evening/at night, but not during daylight hours and certainly not when there are visitors. I think that part of it is quite rude. If there were younger siblings in the house I think it's also unacceptable for them to be locked in the bedroom all day while the house is awake and active.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't bother me. She's an adult and obviously her parents trust her and the bf.
    Saying that, i moved out at 18 so wasn't really ever in that position. My 17 yo sis has her bf stay over most nights.
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 06-06-2014 at 02:08.