+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much in savings do you have in the bank?

How much money do you have saved up in the bank? Im interested to know how much an average couple has saved between them in their bank account? Also including offset accounts for mortgages.

As this is something I would never ask someone in real life these forums are anonymous so thought it would be interesting to know & ppl might be willing to share.

How much in TOTAL savings do you have? Do you have a mortgage? How many kids do you have? Are you TTC? Do you have a newish car? How old are you? Do u & ur partner both work? Im guessing this all affects how much ppl have saved.

Really interested to know and wondering if others would like to share! I'd like to know if me & DH are in a similar financial situation to others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    These threads have been done before, but I still find them so weird :what:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

frido  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Zilch savings.
    Three kids.
    Single parent.
    Was working full time but now part time due to medical reasons.
    Rent from mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We *just* bought a house so all of our savings went towards that and we are back to square one- currently we have just over $1k in savings.

Eta: we have one child and another one on the way. Both work, both study and both mid-late twenties. We have old cars!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    How much money do you have saved up in the bank? Im interested to know how much an average couple has saved between them in their bank account? Also including offset accounts for mortgages.

As this is something I would never ask someone in real life these forums are anonymous so thought it would be interesting to know & ppl might be willing to share.

How much in TOTAL savings do you have? Do you have a mortgage? How many kids do you have? Are you TTC? Do you have a newish car? How old are you? Do u & ur partner both work? Im guessing this all affects how much ppl have saved.

Really interested to know and wondering if others would like to share! I'd like to know if me & DH are in a similar financial situation to others.
    No money
    No mortgage we decided to rent
    2 kids but 6 between us
    Not ttc
    Cars 2001 model
    24 and 34
    Neither work at this point partner left work to help at home temporarily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find these threads so strange . I would feel so awkward asking such personal information . Even more weird that people are comfortable talking about it.

I'm poor that's about it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have about 7 and a half grand . Am saving for a deposit for a home. Am using keystart so won't need 20% deposit.

Have one child, single mum. I work four days a week. I rent. Not ttc. Car is 2004 model.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have about $5000 saved altogether, but that goes up or down depending on whether we need a car service or a dentist visit etc.
    We do have a mortgage, and are on one wage, and generally spend all of DHs pay packet every month. The savings we have are curtesy of his yearly bonus.
    DH has a company car and I have a 2010 Territory which we just paid off 3 months ago. We both have minimal credit card debt (under $2000 combined)
    So yeah each month is tight, and luckily DH gets a bonus which gives us a buffer for any incidentals.
    We have 2 kids and one on the way. Not planning on returning to work for at least 4 years so until then we will remain living month to month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have $0 savings currently. Work part time with OT available if needed. Support myself, my almost 7yr old and my father who doesnt work. I dont drive but put petrol in my dads car so kiddo can get to and from school. Not sure what year his ute is made in but its no more than 5yrs old.

Hoping to have savings start shortly once the bills i am behind in are paid off.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post

Almost 9k in savings.
    Dont have a mortgage, almost 20, dont work (partner does but he hasnt saved any money), have 2 kids and not ttc, car is over 10 years old.
    Im a bit of a tight spender though, I get everything for my kids and if theres nothing left over for me then oh well! I will survive

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app