+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh that's a tough one. We had a Bali holiday recently with friends & extended family - whilst we enjoyed ourselves it would have been heaps better if it was just us.

I would keep the accommodation but absolutely insist on at least 2-3 days where you aren't socializing & just have family time. Do your own thing during the day & then meet up with everyone in the evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG i would lose my ****!

We do sometimes plan holidays with either family or friends...but if someone crashed my holiday that i planned for just the 4 of us i would go nuts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's so full on - not to mention rude IMO! I'd be totally p'd off! Sorry this happened OP

I would be putting my foot down with DH and just say no, we're canceling. Tell everyone it's not in your budget anymore because you've decided to do something in the new year instead. Rebook elsewhere and then in a couple of months just casually let ppl know that you decided it was a shame not to go so are going again but have had to slightly alter plans due to availability stuff. It's sneaky and a bit of a muck around but a nicer "out" than outwardly having to tell people you weren't happy they crashed your holiday plans!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not nice at all If you do keep the booking, can you plan certain outings/events for your family to do and not tell all the extras? So if you see them at breakky you can say "so sorry we can't spend the day with you, we have prearranged plans, oops have to go now bye!" ?

btw, I would be upset too. I think of it as an introvert thing - you need to have alone time to recharge. We've been on family hols with DH's side, but we'd spend some days doing our own thing and then just all get together for dinner. Not so bad then.