Closed Thread
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Sorry for the me post again..

Was in hospital last night with tightenings, they didnt open my cervix though and were stopped with panadine forte. I was sent home this morning to continue bed rest. Waiting for an appt next week to check on my cervix. I had a few tightenings again today but nothing too strong.

Today is 21 weeks. On one of my toilet trips we still did a quick bump shot.. I just hope I get to do more bump shots.

Im so frightened that im going to lose these babies. And as im on bed rest all I can do is sit here and think about it constantly and worry. And im scared that enough isnt being done by the hospital.. I told my family today and the only responses were, it will be ok, just be positive, don't worry.... I got so mad, not one family member would just listen and acknowledge my very real fears. They dont seem to understand that I already panic cause they are ivf, and I have a short and funneling cervix and im having tightenings and the babies are not viable for another 3 weeks and even if they are born at 24 weeks they only just have a fighting chance and the prognosis still wont be great!
    I guess im just not coping right now...Attachment 58524

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Megs, I just saw your bump pic and post in my email and I had to say something. It brought tears to my eyes, you looked so sad yet so loving at your babies.

I know nothing anyone will say will help...but you're a highly trained midwife right? What would you say to a patient like you? Is it braxton hicks? Is it real painful contractions? Did the hodpital measure if your cervix has shortened further? Can they do something to the cervix? I know strict bedrest helps.

I've had braxton hicks for the past month, almost daily. Ladt night I had 3 after each other, painful tightenings but for me, its just my body prepping up.

I hope yo god that your babies stay in their mummy for a while...and that they are healthy. Take care of you...and hopefully the babies will be ok.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Sorry for the me post again..

Was in hospital last night with tightenings, they didnt open my cervix though and were stopped with panadine forte. I was sent home this morning to continue bed rest. Waiting for an appt next week to check on my cervix. I had a few tightenings again today but nothing too strong.

Today is 21 weeks. On one of my toilet trips we still did a quick bump shot.. I just hope I get to do more bump shots.

Im so frightened that im going to lose these babies. And as im on bed rest all I can do is sit here and think about it constantly and worry. And im scared that enough isnt being done by the hospital.. I told my family today and the only responses were, it will be ok, just be positive, don't worry.... I got so mad, not one family member would just listen and acknowledge my very real fears. They dont seem to understand that I already panic cause they are ivf, and I have a short and funneling cervix and im having tightenings and the babies are not viable for another 3 weeks and even if they are born at 24 weeks they only just have a fighting chance and the prognosis still wont be great!
    I guess im just not coping right now...Attachment 58524

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    How scary but its also lucky that you didn't just dismiss it now you know what's going on you can continue your bed rest with a good chance ive heard in the hospitals they elevate the bed a tiny but toward the back so there's less pressure down there keep that in mind when you are laying down thinking of you

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Megs I hope you are ok. I know what you are saying though, when I had all that bleeding at the start and I had 10 weeks of bed/hospital rest, my family kept saying to me don't worry it'll be fine and I wanted to scream at them, "I've had years and years of IF and more m/c than I can count, on what basis do you think it will be fine?!" My MIL then told DH she was worried I was being too negative and whilst I found that very annoying, it made me realise their useless platitudes were their way of trying to help. I can't imagine how terrified you are and in some cases preparing for the worst and hoping for the best is just what your brain needs to do to protect itself. But you are getting all the medical care you can and if positive thoughts have any bearing on the situation the bub hubs girls and your family have got you covered. I'll be sending you long and closed vibes all day xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 what a stressful time for you, I really hope it settles down soon. I completely understand how anxious you must feel and the frustration of everyone telling you it will be fine. They mean so well but sometimes you just want people to acknowledge your feelings and that it's OK to feel anxious right now, which it is. Hopefully you can find something distracting to do while resting up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 your picture is lovely. I'm not going to write don't worry as I know you can't help it but thinking of you and sending you virtual hugs. You are in the right place

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megs definitely a stressful time for you. I hope it settles down for you soon and your beautiful little babies stay in there for a good while longer. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megs I'm staying strong for you. Premature has always been my biggest fear, so much so I haven't bought a single baby item and didn't want my husband to post up an announcement video as I just can't dismiss my premature fear. I can't imagine how distressed you must be feeling. I remember asking my obs a what if about cervix and he says that a short cervix does not always mean premature delivery. Just keep remembering all the great stories, my friend had a 7mm cervix with twins and made it till 37. I believe a lovely bubhub member on here from the ivf bubs due March thread jb2011 had a short cervix too and delivered healthy beautiful bubs! I'm not sure what else to say that may help you, just that I'm thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Friend's of ours just unexpectedly gave us their cot, change table, car seat, sterliser, a 3 wheel pram (baby jogger city mini GT) and a port a cot !

The only thing we had bought was a 4 wheel pram (I'm a bit like you @BaoLovesLudo, still too scared to buy anything) but I was thinking of getting a 3 wheeler when I could run again anyway.

The cot and change table are dark stained timber but they are a bit beat up (scratches and so on, not that I mind). However bubs room is pretty small and dark - in a non-dungeony way and I was planning to buy white furniture to lighten it up a bit. I will give the cot & change table a light sand and then either re-stain it (if necessary) or paint it white.... does anyone have any experience in painting nursery furniture? I'm worried that I might make it look worse, plus I dont know what sorts of paint are ok. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have an exam this Friday so I'm not at work, clearly I'm really focussed and studying hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megsarama How awful. I really hope everything turns out ok.
    I've got my morphology scan tomorrow - pretty freaked out about it. I still don't feel like there's anything in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misti View Post
    Friend's of ours just unexpectedly gave us their cot, change table, car seat, sterliser, a 3 wheel pram (baby jogger city mini GT) and a port a cot !

The only thing we had bought was a 4 wheel pram (I'm a bit like you @BaoLovesLudo, still too scared to buy anything) but I was thinking of getting a 3 wheeler when I could run again anyway.

The cot and change table are dark stained timber but they are a bit beat up (scratches and so on, not that I mind). However bubs room is pretty small and dark - in a non-dungeony way and I was planning to buy white furniture to lighten it up a bit. I will give the cot & change table a light sand and then either re-stain it (if necessary) or paint it white.... does anyone have any experience in painting nursery furniture? I'm worried that I might make it look worse, plus I dont know what sorts of paint are ok. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have an exam this Friday so I'm not at work, clearly I'm really focussed and studying hard!
    DH is in the process of sanding back our hand me down cot and staining it.
    Best advice is to make sure the stains/varnishes are water based and you should be good to go!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

misti  (30-07-2014)