Closed Thread
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi all I have my 13w NT scan on Tues and feeling very nervous ... probably totally irrational fears, last scan was 10w and all looked great. Of course tonight, boobs hurt less, no real MS to speak of now.. still can't find a HB on my doppler at home but apparently thats not uncommon at this stage... I'm just generally really anxious. Was ok until today and then it all hit me.
    I finished up all my supporting medications at 10 w too so I think that's adding to my stress levels.
    Did anyone else feel decidedly 'unpregnant' at 13w?
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110
    hey there emski I can't help too much in that we have only just hit double figures but I have twice lost my symptoms such that I felt all was lost but wasn't the case. I am also really excited but a bit nervous about beginning to slow down then stop all my meds and support over the next couple of weeks so can totally understand this fear too. Terrible that we do this but can only hope the weekend goes quickly for you so you can hear and see bub again. Don't know how you have lasted three weeks!!! Just know we r all here for support and listening

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Littleoneplusone For This Useful Post:

emski72  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @megsarma they call it round ligament pain, i had it pretty bad weeks 14-15, gone now but it sucked when i had it! It very common and you have two so i think it would be worse!
    All mu U/S have been bulk billed and my OB automatically does medicare stuff for me so thats a plus!
    Real kicks now! So exciting, i can even feel them from the outide sometimes, DH is yet to feel it because it happens so randomly and he losses interest of having his hand on my belly after about 10 min... They are even waking me up at night! I finally got a message back for the Cloth My Bot lady and she said that she was waiting on stuff and have emailed me a few times but i never got any of them except the one after i sent her a nasty message about her lack of professionality and communication, seemed to have done the trick but it seems that i will have to wait a while for the stuff! It will be over a month from order time til when i get them and I'm glad my bun is still cooking because if i needed them i now i would have been screwed.
    As for lack of symptoms, i never really got any of the traditional "pregnancy" stuff, i only ever got really tired! But they say the second tri is the honeymoon trimester and that it should be the best you feel so i would expect for your symptoms to fade!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Love the purchases gsteff!
    Quick question... has anyone else had bad lower abdo cramping around 14 weeks, im almost 14 weeks and the last hour or two ive had really quick and sharp stabbing pains and a dull ache.... ive taken panadol, it hasnt kicked in yet.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm 13w and having stabbing pains in the groin... I just assumed it was round ligament pain... not bad enough to need panadol though, just random stabby pains.

Sent from my GT-P5110

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleoneplusone View Post
    hey there emski I can't help too much in that we have only just hit double figures but I have twice lost my symptoms such that I felt all was lost but wasn't the case. I am also really excited but a bit nervous about beginning to slow down then stop all my meds and support over the next couple of weeks so can totally understand this fear too. Terrible that we do this but can only hope the weekend goes quickly for you so you can hear and see bub again. Don't know how you have lasted three weeks!!! Just know we r all here for support and listening
    Thank you.. it's so hard not to get paranoid. Trying to relax today... I've been so tired all weekend and sleeping like a cat so I'll take that as a symptom. I'm already planning my nap after lunch!

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, all will be fine! You're at that time where your symptoms may be settling. Your scan will be perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I just wanted to share something. Some of you might remember how my sister in the UK emailed me a while ago telling me she was pregnant (due at the end of this month) and me and my sister who lives here were saying how bad it was that she emailed. Anyhoo, on Friday at 3.30pm I get an email from my sister who lives here (who were we going to go and see that evening) saying that she is pregnant.

I was really upset. It turned out she fell pregnant in Jan by accident and had a termination (I only found this out on Friday too). It was so traumatic that she somehow manages to fall pregnant again? This is her fourth child and the reason they decided to terminate was because they can't afford it. They can barely afford the three they have. They're keeping this one as its obviously 'meant to be', her words not mine, after what happened in Jan.

Is it wrong of me to be cross? Is it really too much to hope that I could enjoy this journey on my own? I don't want to share it with anyone, it was very hard for me to get pregnant and I feel she is rubbing my face in it. My mum favours her and had a massive go at me on Thursday about why I am going private and why am I bothering to decorate the nursery, which we thought was strange at the time but now we know its because she knows about my sister....she thinks its wrong of me to have/do things that my sister isn't having or doing. It has really upset me and I think they are selfish. Is that bad of me?
    She seems to have a habit of doing this. My sister in the UK fell pregnant with her first and three months later this one announces she is too.

I feel like my baby is going to be overlooked by my mum and compared to its cousin its whole life. I am trying to sound happy for her on the phone but I am so angry and its making me feel like I am a bad person. She just moans about how sick she feels and I am finding it hard to sympathise I just want to shout at her stop moaning. When I rang her on Saturday and told her it really upset me her telling me in an email she started shouting at me about how horrid and selfish I am and that I have no idea what she has gone through. I have no idea, what because my journey has been a walk in a park, IVF is clearly nothing.

Sorry, I need to vent, I just think she is so selfish and I am still really upset about it. I know it sounds selfish saying she's stolen my thunder but its how I feel. I don't want to compare bumps, or stretch marks or anything else. Its my first baby and its taken some of the shine away

Am I a bad person to think all of this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @melros, you are not a bad person at all. And your feelings I think would be completely normal and justified given the situation. There will always be people that try to steal your limelight and people that will make things about them. But this is your experience and its been a hard road and dont for a second let anyone make you feel like this is not the most amazing time in your life. I know its not the same, but on the days you dont feel like you have the support of your family... remember you have dh, an amazing growing baby and us always. We know this road better than our family and friends and I think we all understand each other in a way that others cant. Your not a bad person... I actually think boo to your family who is not being there 100% for you after everything. Chin up sister, you are growing a miracle :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

stillfuntryin  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I TOTALLY understand how you feel and want to echo Megs words. After all we have gone through sharing the experience esp with family isnt ideal and for your mum to have a go at you for wanting to shower your baby with beautiful things simply goes to show how little family can support you.

My estranged brother and his wife were due the EXACT SAME DAY as our previous lost pregnancy...my mum didnt even bother to tell me. I was so angry that my limelight was stolen and that my bub would always be compared to their child. When we sadly lost our precious bundle I was even more upset that they got pregnant easily and got to keep their baby and the joy of being the first to give my mother a grandchild was taken (im the eldest). Now my baby will be due 6 months later and I still hate the fact that he will be forever to compared to theirs and my pregnancy will be compared to hers as well. Ive already had comments like "SIL ate that during her pregnancy and she is fine" They forget we went through HELL to get this far, god forbid they have a bad pregancy!

Try to think of the positives, your bub will have an instant best buddy to grow up with and deep down you'll always know that your baby was wanted more that life itself, can your sister say the same?

AFM 20 weeks Saturday!! DH got to feel JJ kicking last weekend - couldnt wipe the smile off his face. Truly makes all the crap worth it.

just been throughly abused by another bh member via PM for something posted a year ago, she suffered a chemical pregnancy and I simply said that I was sorry for her loss that nothing I could say would make it better and that these things happen to those who can cope and can carry on with their journey, something I thought was a positive comment. She took it as a negative that I was dismissing her pain, which I can understand. Anyway I get a lovely PM saying that I was lucky to get pregnant I will never understand her pain, etc. I apologised that she took my comment negatively and that I truly meant it in a positive way- that she is strong enough to get through. But she continues to rant at me about her journey and I will never understand. I feel bad that she is struggling but not sure why she is taking it out on me? I cant get her pregnant, I cant help that I got pregnant.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 09-06-2014 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros & @Wishnhope
    Sending loads if hugs!!

Molros - your sister is nothing short of an insensitive jerk. SHE will never understand what you have been through to get your beautiful babe, and will always be jealous of what you can give your child that she can't. Don't let their jealousy take your thunder or your hopes and dreams.
    You don't need heartache or trash in your life. Smile. Hold your head high.

Wish - some people just don't know how to take support or kind words. Personally, I wouldn't respond, or if you do, simply state she doesn't know your story or what you have been through to get pregnant, & u were only trying offer support. Then I'd block her.
    Again, same as molros, you don't need people like that in your life causing you stress and anxiety.

Stay strong girls!!! Happy to pm if either need to vent or need support. Xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros sorry about your family troubles. I think you are totally justified in the way that you feel. It's so hard and frustrating that others just don't understand how hard the IVF journey is. I can only imagine how frustrating and hurtful it must be. Just remember we are all here whenever you need to vent.
    @Wishnhope I wouldn't worry about that person's comments. You have tried to be kind and supportive but she is obviously hurting. What more can you do other than offer support.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (09-06-2014)