Closed Thread
Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    hmm you gals should be able to also - its just a pain to find and enter in. BUT is definitely allowed to be claimed. It is after all over the threshold and why would you have to register that if you can't claim???
    Make sure you have claimed the rebate last financial year. If you haven't and you claim this year I would say that you will have to pay it back. Or give ato a call if in doubt.
    I read all the help and FAQ and called them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    hmm you gals should be able to also - its just a pain to find and enter in. BUT is definitely allowed to be claimed. It is after all over the threshold and why would you have to register that if you can't claim???
    @Bow Ties Are Cool, nope definitely cant claim. We have an amazing tax guy who gets us everything possible every year. Stated theres no way to claim this year unless you did last year, he tried all the loop holes (we started the cycle in June but paid in July but no go) I agree with @Sparklemonkey you might need to pay it back (if audited of course).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post

AFM, I need some advice please ladies, about weight gain. I've read and been told to aim for about 0.5kg a week from now on in. I weigh myself on and off, but from Friday to today (4 days) I have put on 1.3kg and its up 0.6kg from yesterday. I didn't even eat much yesterday. Now I'm stressing as I read if its 1-1.5kg a week it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia and really, 1.3kg in 4 days, does that sound right to anyone? I am not sure what, if anything, to do, would you monitor for a few more days and see what happens??
    @Molros if you are concerned Id go see GP/OB.
    If you arent weighing yourself at the same time every day you can gain up to 700g during the day, could also be fluid or bubba simply having a growth spurt.
    I personally wouldnt be too worried unless it was something that continued over a week or two.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Molros  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molors i fluctuate a lot, i have pretty bad swelling so i know a lot of mine is water weight! Im 23 weeks and put on 7kg, between 17-22 weeks i put on ALOT! It seemed like everytime i stepped on the scale it went UP.. I have maintained the same weight for over a week now and haven't really changed much In my diet, I still fit into all of my denim shorts but i put a pair of jean on the other day and they were a tad snug, so i know I'm gaining weight but its to be expected! We are pregnant! I have been pretty hard on myself about weight gain but there is only so much we can do and i intend on exercising once he is out, my feet swell too much now if i do anything, I'm sure i will be back to my pre pregnancy body at some point, but until then i want to enjoy my pregnancy so if that means having a sneaky chuppa chup or 3 we so be it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Molros  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a GIRL!!! Yay so excited! I'm out shopping already haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope and @stillfuntryin thank you I will just monitor over the next few weeks I think, it just gave me a fright you know?! I always do it first thing in the morning but maybe it is just going to fluctuate. I know we put weight on I was just a bit concerned it seemed to jump up that much! Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Hopeful - congrats on your little princess - that's great news. DH and I were so tempted to find out at yesterday's morph scan but we held out.

Molros - My weight fluctuates a lot as well. It'll jump up a lot in a short space of time and then plateau which I assume means bubs is having a big growth spurt before slowing down for a while (like puppies!), my OB said not to worry about it as long as the large jumps arent happening week on week for months.

Re the tax rebate: the ATO will not give it to you unless you claimed it in the prior year The box to input your expenses might come up but it will either be rejected when you sumit it or when your notice of assessment comes back. One of the only good things about 10 years of IVF is that I've been over the threshold since 2004!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

Mrs Hopeful  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re weight - my GP told me it was pointless weighing myself between appointments because it can fluctuate so much. She reckons that as long as she's happy with it at each appt I shouldn't think about it in between time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Hopeful Congrats on the beautiful girl!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Mrs Hopeful  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawly View Post
    Re weight - my GP told me it was pointless weighing myself between appointments because it can fluctuate so much. She reckons that as long as she's happy with it at each appt I shouldn't think about it in between time.
    Same here my midwife doesnt bother weighing me she just does tummy measurments I like it better that way lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app