Closed Thread
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Hopeful, love the scan pic and the announcement. Congratulations!
    @Wishnhope could you please pm me those MCN facebook pages as well?
    Ive got a question for the MCN ladies, I was telling someone I work with I was thinking about using cloth nappies, he's in his late 50's and has 3 grown up kids. He told me that kids get worse rashes with cloth nappies than they do with disposables as disposables wick the moisture away better. I don't know how he would know as he's never used disposables, does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @misti seems to depend who you talk to 90% of MCN users will claim they have never had a nappy rash with the MCNs. The new ones are made from natural products that wick away moisture. Yes you will need to change more often than disposables but nothing too significant from my research. I think 'back in the day' the terry towel nappies did cause problems. If you are concerned jump on the cloth nappy sections of BH and ask some users.

For everyone asking about links to the fb page. Simply search Modern Cloth Nappies Aust and plenty will come up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

misti  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti some reading for you on the topic
    http://www.bumpybuns.com.au/ClothVer...leNappies.html

All babies can get nappy rash. There’s no significant difference in nappy rash between babies wearing disposables and babies wearing cloth nappies. The best way to avoid nappy rash is to change your baby’s nappy regularly.

Some parents worry that super-absorbent disposable nappies will delay toilet training because their baby doesn’t feel wet. But there are few actual studies and little conclusive evidence for this idea.

There’s also no research to say that any type of nappy causes bandy legs or problems with hip development.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

misti  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I have been watching all the fabulous scan results,bump photos and bubby purchases and am so excited for you all.

Misti so excited for u that the bleeding has slowed/stopped and everything is low risk - sounds like the artery issue might be minor so fingers crossed for you. I am with you on the eleventy million wazza drugs!!!

Mrs hopeful great scan results and announcement - so cool

We hit double figures yesterday with bub measuring exactly to date at 10 weeks and strong hb!! Was worried as had the worst week with cramping and muscular pains making me think the worst, but all ok. Am still on bed rest/no driving (major pain in the bum!!) and all of wazza a eleventy million drugs but am excited at the prospect of halving these from next week!!!

I have a question for everyone about testing - I have heard some of you talk about the harmony test but we have been offered to do the nipt (non invasive prenatal testing) where they just take my blood and send to the us. Takes two weeks to come back and is 98/99% accurate but is nearly $ 800. Issue is if nuchal comes back high risk and then you go with the nipt test after it delays results and options. I hate talking so negative but just want to be prepared and am concerned with cvs/amino if nec. Our dd was very low risk but we r 4 yrs older now. If nuchal all good then no need to pay the extra. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Littleoneplusone For This Useful Post:

misti  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps our due date is 1/1/15 so not sure if you are adding jan ppl in the list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleoneplusone View Post

I have a question for everyone about testing - I have heard some of you talk about the harmony test but we have been offered to do the nipt (non invasive prenatal testing) where they just take my blood and send to the us. Takes two weeks to come back and is 98/99% accurate but is nearly $ 800. Issue is if nuchal comes back high risk and then you go with the nipt test after it delays results and options. I hate talking so negative but just want to be prepared and am concerned with cvs/amino if nec. Our dd was very low risk but we r 4 yrs older now. If nuchal all good then no need to pay the extra. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
    congrats on hitting double figures!!

I know exactly how you feel about the NIPT before getting the results of the NT scan. We decided to go ahead with the Verifi test before getting our NT results as we simply couldnt imagine having to wait another two weeks if the result was less than we hoped. We had a MMC with my last pregnancy due to trisomy so it was extra piece of mind in the end that I would not change for the world. I hope that helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Littleoneplusone  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We decided to wait until after the 12 week results before we do anything else, but now this is really bugging me.
    We had the scan last Tuesday (10 days ago), and we still don't have our full results with the risk factor. Twice my doctor has had to resend the results off. At this rate if we do need to look into other testing we will be too late to do it.
    Driving me crazy! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Littleoneplusone congrats on double figures and enjoy next weeks halving of the drugs. Since yesterday I am off everything with the exception of prednisone which I only have 1 week of weaning off left to go.
    I am exactly the same as @WISH at the last minute I decided to get the verifi test done just after 10 wks so the results would be back in time for the nt scan. I'm glad I did, our results actually came back early which made the scan far less stressful than I imagine it would have been. In my opinion the $$ was well worth it.

Misti x
    Last edited by misti; 07-06-2014 at 09:41.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

Littleoneplusone  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    THANKYOU for all the great advice about when your ms stopped! It helped me get through this week, I was almost in tears too I felt so hopeless. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and it's definitely eased since yesterday.

Love the announcement @mrshopeful and your scan looks perfect!

Oh Rainbow bright how frustrating!!! Hope you get your results soon.

Those that are planning the blood test that gets sent to America, I'd definitely get it, not that much money for peace of mind! I can't get it as it's not validated in twins.

Long weekend everyone (I think Aust wide?) Enjoy!!!!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bao... We've all been there. Glad you are feeling better.