Closed Thread
Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    frustration rant...

So I put the pics up on FB.. & MIL comments... "That's my little baby. I can't wait so exciting!!!!"

Just the first sentence really annoys me.. I am curious just how much she really thinks it's HER baby... she's even putting together a nursery... just how much does she think I would actually let my baby out of my sight especially in the first year??? (and we won't be staying overnight seeing as we only live 10 minutes away!!!)

ok, rant over..
    Bowties, I totallt sympathize... my mum commented on our announcement photo that they were her babies and both mum and mil have started setting up nurseries as well... mil told dh she is staying over for the first 6 weeks and that shes glad she has the jeep cause its roomy for holidays! So im hearin ya sister. How infuriating is it...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the awesome scan pics & results ladies! How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bow Ties Are Cool and @Megsarama26 its my MIL first grandchild and she was calling it 'our baby'....I have tried not to react as I know they are excited but the other night she said it but corrected herself and said your baby, I said yes, it is my baby, mine and DF's baby. Then she was saying does she need to get a cot, I said no, when the time comes we'll get a portacot (she'll be having it a couple of days a week once I return to work. I said a portacot will be fine as it'll only be having a sleep once a day.....the response I got was oh no, when they're 4-5 months old they have two sleeps a day......I know that, but where did the 4-5 months old bit come from?? I'm not going back to work that early!!! I have learnt to bite my tongue sometimes and pick my battles but god its hard sometimes!! I don't want to get possessive before the poor thing is here and yes, they only live about 10 minute drive away too! @stillfuntryin congratulations, the pics are lovely

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (26-06-2014),stillfuntryin  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps if she had if said "my grand baby" instead.

Yes, it's their first, DH is an only child also.
    @Molros - same!!! And once I am back to work, babysitting will happen here, not at hers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    19weeks 1 day - Morphology Scan.

I have feet.. I like to grab them with my hands and kick myself in the face..
    Attachment 57002

I keep my hands close to my face and like to wave a little..
    Attachment 57003

My very difficult to get profile shot... I am a little camera shy today
    Attachment 57004

legs shot... any guesses to my gender???? (we didn't find out, so have no idea...)
    Attachment 57005
    Gorgeous pics !!
    I'd say boy for sure just comparing to mine which is a girl and there is three white lines for girls but you still never know

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandale1727 so that was right about the three white lines?! I wonder if I will be able to tell if I manage a sneaky peak!! @Bow Ties Are Cool they have another son but I think they've all but given up on him meeting someone, let alone having kids! And, they all want a boy to 'carry on the family name' so part of me hopes its a girl hehe, is that mean? We don't care and it makes me mad when people make it so obvious they have a preference (even on the 12 wk scan, oh yes, you can see its a boy), after what we've gone through to even get pregnant we'll take pink or blue! rant over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the gorgeous scan pics girls! Sorry to hear about all the MIL dramas. I'm lucky mine lives in another country! Although no babysitter for me. One more sleep till my scan!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The gender race is pretty close! 6 boys & 5 girls, I was told by one of my nurses that with Ivf 90% are boys but it doesn't seem that way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bow Ties Are Cool This is my girl pic with the 3 lines for comparison I can't tell girl or boy for you though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklemonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be happy either way, but it would be nice if this one is a boy so he can look after his baby sister (assuming I get a girl!!)

Hmm is it bad I ignored her phone call earlier??? lol
    @Molros apparently when my niece was born 15 years ago on the 2nd July, my mother (who I don't speak with) turned around and said "shame it's not a boy, but I guess a girl will do!"