Closed Thread
Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Just a quick one.... we have.... on of each!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Woohoo!! that's awesome!! a pigeon pair!!!
    @Molros - Firstly, stop stressing yourself about it. Too many people are just too opinionated and definitely have their blinkers on when it comes to "what they did".
    This isn't a case of not wanting to.. this is a case of matter about the breast surgery, you had very realistic chances that you would not be able to anyway.
    I would respond to these know it alls, granny included.. "well if I could, I would, but I physically and literally can't due to medical reasons. The choice is quite simply out of my hands".

If anyone asks me, my response is always, "If I am able to, yes". To me, it's the same as giving birth, I'd like to have a drug free birth BUT I have NO IDEA what my labor is going to be like so how can I say if i will or won't have drugs??

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (25-06-2014),Molros  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Just a quick one.... we have.... on of each!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Congratulations!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros - dont feel bad. I had that experience of feeling like I let my baby down during my first baby, but by the second, I was better equipped to deal with the judgment. Unfortunately people will judge, its just the "bad" side of humans. Dont get bogged down by this and be strong in knowing what your capabilities are. One of the best advice I got from a midwife was- the worse thing you can do for your baby is being upset and anxious at yourself becausr they can sense your distress. Look after you, and bub will follow.

Yes breast is best, but in my situation where I could not PHYSICALLY breastfeed, the best decision for ME AND MY BABY was to feed them via the bottle. Formula milk has improved alot, and if the alternative is to allow my baby to starve because I am not producing enough breastmilk/ able to give my baby that milk , then im sorry, any alternative to that is whats best for me and my baby.

I dont understand why people simply judge others. Whether or not there is a reason, its their baby and their body and their decision, people have no right to judge. Im sure they havent made all the perfect decisions in their lives - however there is no point in arguing with them.

Be resolved and happy with your decision. Your baby will be fine, both my babies are healthy and both were bottlefed. I dont need to "justify" the reasons why, thats my business (you guys know why).Thats my attitude to people if they have an issue with it. Family members are the worse, just make sure you stand by your decision.

Your baby needs you to be strong. If this is your decision, dont lie yo people about it to make THEM feel better because in the end, you will probably be unhappy about that later. Just tell them you can't and therefore this is the next best thing. Dont go into details if you dont feel comfortable about it.

Last edited by frenchy81; 25-06-2014 at 13:05.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforlife View Post
    I'm so glad you posted this Frenchy! I have been in so much pain the past couple of days...not a pain I've experienced before and it was making me so nervous. Its settled down now although I still get the occasional cramp. It's hard at this stage as no more scans now until baby comes...such a long time to wait! I think I'm making myself nervous. @Shawly thinking of you!! Hope the wait goes really quickly!
    Its such a strange feeling isnt it? Labour is much much worse, but im still nervous about getting these braxton hicks!! I know its normal....but still...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

hopeforlife  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats Megs - very exciting!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    ditto @frenchy81

besides... we are VERY lucky that we actually have this option of formula for our babies these days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 I just saw your post...congrats!!!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it and you are all so right I am not going to waste my time worrying about something that I have no control over. If people want to criticise then go right ahead, I will just not let it bother me, and it is mine and my DF's baby, not anyone elses. I will not let other people's opinion's get to me. Shame on them if they have nothing else to do apart from try and make me feel bad! At least my MIL is onside as she had trouble from the outset.

I lile the birth analogy @Bow Ties Are Cool, that is my mindset exactly, I would like a drug free birth but it will all depend on what happens on the day. If I end up needing an emergency c section I certainly won't be beating myself up about it

Thanks again lovelies

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (25-06-2014),Megsarama26  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megsarama one of each!! I'm so jealous. I secretly have my fingers crossed that we get the same outcome!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    giggle for the day... DH has just locked his keys in his car for the second time.. TODAY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 woo hoo!!! That's the best! One of each how amazing you must be thrilled!
    @Molros - you're right try not to worry about it at all. You can't and that is COMPLETELY fine and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It's none of people's business and something that can't be helped! I love judgemental people who clearly have not much else to worry about. Those that know you the best will support you and encourage you. The formulas these days are so good and I'm sure your baby will be very happy. Be confident in yourself and don't listen to any negativity you're going to be an amazing Mum!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (25-06-2014),Molros  (26-06-2014)