Closed Thread
Page 34 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree... in all of this its our bodies, our babies and our choices. And people will always tell us what we should and shouldnt do but I think we should all do what works of us, at the end of the day we are the ones who have to deal with it.. no one else.
    I dont know why bf is such a big controversy, its not for everyone and the hospitals still have some nipple nazis (who think formula is poison) but I alwayd tell women they have to be hapoy with their experience and there is no point hating life because of feeling like they failed. No matter what any of us choose NONE of us are failures, bf/af, vaginal birth/c-section, disposable/cloth.. we do the best we can with what we have. Tbh, im pertrified of bf cause of engorgement, mastitis, nipple thrush, bleeding/cracks... but I feel like I have to give it a go... if it works great, if not then... not.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^^ totally agree!!!
    I'm scared of not liking it. My girlfriend tried it for the first month, but just hated the feeling and it made her feel yuck (the feeling not lack of health or anything).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you on the BF deal, I'm so scared that I won't be able to and I will have some horrible mw that won't give up, I have heard nipple shealds really help... Anyone know anything about them?
    Goodluck with the gender scan megs! There must be a few 20 week scan coming! Mines tomorrow! @ 19+3.
    I have also hit the jackpot with a friend giving me all her baby stuff, cot changetable car seat, pram of o want it, but o think I might buy my own pram as I just want one thong that's new

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    In other news, I think im experiencing some braxton hicks. I was really, really scared the otger night, my tummy was tightening every ten mins for an hour! I've only been in labour once, but not really sure if these tightenings are "braxton hicks" or not. Im only 22 +5 weeks, so it has been on my mind lately that something may be wrong.?!?!

Im in canberra atm and its freezing!!@@
    @Shawly - have you heard more news yet? Im hoping all will be ok.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm so glad you posted this Frenchy! I have been in so much pain the past couple of days...not a pain I've experienced before and it was making me so nervous. Its settled down now although I still get the occasional cramp. It's hard at this stage as no more scans now until baby comes...such a long time to wait! I think I'm making myself nervous. @Shawly thinking of you!! Hope the wait goes really quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one.... we have.... on of each!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (25-06-2014),stillfuntryin  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post

Aww how exciting! Congratulations! x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading all the posts about breastfeeding I just wanted to put something out there. I won't be able to breastfeed I had a boob job a few years ago and after having inverted nipples my whole life (which I hated and was extremely self-conscious of) I got them corrected at the same time.

The surgeon told me I wouldn't be able to breastfeed if I had them done as they cut the milk ducts and I was fine with that because I didn't know at that time what would be going on in my future...I had recently come out of a 15 yr relationship.

Now I am pregnant I am actually starting to stress about it. I wish I could breastfeed. But even if I hadn't had them fixed I don't think I would have been able to anyway as they were the worse grade of inverted you can get, I couldn't manipulate them out at all. Are people going to judge me for bottle feeding? Are the nurses at the hopsital going to try and make me try without realising I can't because that will make me feel worse. I had my granny ask if I was going to breastfeed with my implants and I just said no and she had a go at me about how breast is best. I know that but I'm not going into my nipple situation with my gran, and I don't really wany everyone knowing either.

I have my phone interview with the hospital in two weeks so I will ask them to make a note on my file. A friend who doesn't know told me I was selfish and my baby will get sick. I know they should have the colostrum (or however you spell it). I feel really upset sometimes that I can't do the best thing for my baby but surely I can't be the only person who can't? My baby will be okay won't it? I'm not some kind of failure as a mum because I can't do this am I? My sister will be breastfeeding and I don't want to be compared to her (although I will be)

What would you guys do? Would you just say to people when you come out that you tried and it didn't work?

Sorry for the long post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    After reading all the posts about breastfeeding I just wanted to put something out there. I won't be able to breastfeed I had a boob job a few years ago and after having inverted nipples my whole life (which I hated and was extremely self-conscious of) I got them corrected at the same time.

The surgeon told me I wouldn't be able to breastfeed if I had them done as they cut the milk ducts and I was fine with that because I didn't know at that time what would be going on in my future...I had recently come out of a 15 yr relationship.

Now I am pregnant I am actually starting to stress about it. I wish I could breastfeed. But even if I hadn't had them fixed I don't think I would have been able to anyway as they were the worse grade of inverted you can get, I couldn't manipulate them out at all. Are people going to judge me for bottle feeding? Are the nurses at the hopsital going to try and make me try without realising I can't because that will make me feel worse. I had my granny ask if I was going to breastfeed with my implants and I just said no and she had a go at me about how breast is best. I know that but I'm not going into my nipple situation with my gran, and I don't really wany everyone knowing either.

I have my phone interview with the hospital in two weeks so I will ask them to make a note on my file. A friend who doesn't know told me I was selfish and my baby will get sick. I know they should have the colostrum (or however you spell it). I feel really upset sometimes that I can't do the best thing for my baby but surely I can't be the only person who can't? My baby will be okay won't it? I'm not some kind of failure as a mum because I can't do this am I? My sister will be breastfeeding and I don't want to be compared to her (although I will be)

What would you guys do? Would you just say to people when you come out that you tried and it didn't work?

Sorry for the long post
    Don't feel bad at all there are plenty of people who are unable to breastfeed formula today is amazing as well ! I'm sure your baby Will be fine and just as healthy as any.other baby

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post

Congrats Megs!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I think unless you are completely open and honest that it simply isnt possible for you that you will have those who said you "didnt try hard enough" etc. I have a friend who is very strongly into breastfeeding and will certainly make me feel bad if unable. She had a tongue tied baby, cracked nipples, the works and says if she did it so can everyone else. 1000's of babies are formula fed these days nothing to be ashamed of.

I think we're all in the same boat, very willing to try my hardest to BF but hoping to not beat myself up if I cant/dont feel comfortable.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Molros  (25-06-2014)