Closed Thread
Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @megsarama love the twin nursery! I can't wait till we start to get ours set up, I think it will be very similar to your, looking at your furniture....

And I see your bump is high...(like mine). Must be a twin thing. Uncomfortable isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In other news, I think im experiencing some braxton hicks. I was really, really scared the otger night, my tummy was tightening every ten mins for an hour! I've only been in labour once, but not really sure if these tightenings are "braxton hicks" or not. Im only 22 +5 weeks, so it has been on my mind lately that something may be wrong.?!?!

Im in canberra atm and its freezing!!@@
    @Shawly - have you heard more news yet? Im hoping all will be ok.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    @Shawly - have you heard more news yet? Im hoping all will be ok.
    Had the Harmony blood test yesterday and a talk with the genetic counsellor who was lovely. Got to wait two weeks for the results now. Hope all ok with you, too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    I dont think ALL midwives are crap, in fact I think the ones I've had during the birth of my two children have been fantastic (bar one or two). Every profession will have their bad eggs and their good ones, when I complained about the bad ones, it s because its from my experience, but in no way am I saying all are horrible, otherwise I wouldnt be trusting my baby in the hands of doctors and midwives.

Some are really caring and helped alot when I needed advice on breastfeeding, and I will be relying on them to do that again this time around. But there were one or two who pushed me to tears saying that I should have gotten the hang of it already as im starving my baby who had just lost over 500g in 3 days. Then they looked at me in a horrified manner when i finally gave in and bottle fed my baby as i didnt want her to starve anymore. Its those two that I am not happy about when I think of that experience, but I never said that all midwives are insensitive when I talk about that situation.

I understand why people get defensive, but when I personally vent here, its just my opinion on those that gave me that experience, not everyone in that profession. Im sure the other ladies dont mean to offend either.

Frenchy, I know, I totally get it... we all need a vent and there are a few girls I work with who shouldn't even have a registration. So I know what you mean. Im just a little sensitive and emotional this week... damn hormones :O
    No one should ever say your starving your baby, how ridiculous.... your body makes what the babies need and they always lose weight to begin with.. there isnt much colostrum but its liquid gold. I hope you get a better bf experience this time. I feel bad already cause ive decided im going to mix feed the twins.. I just think bf 2 babies every 3 hours exclusively is a big ask... what if I get damaged nipples from a tongue tie or poor attachment for a few feeds. And bolicks to the person who told you that you should have the hang of it... bf is hard to begin with, I know everyone says its natural but mums and bubs both have to learn it together... the more help with bf the better I say!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    THINKING OF YOU SHAWLEY! As far as movement goes, I started to feel bub at 16 weeks and feel him everyday, more in the evenings and after I eat!
    Big scan on Thursday at 9am, can't wait!!
    IMAG8648.jpg 19+1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Shawly  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    @megsarama love the twin nursery! I can't wait till we start to get ours set up, I think it will be very similar to your, looking at your furniture....

And I see your bump is high...(like mine). Must be a twin thing. Uncomfortable isn't it?
    It is uncomfortable bayside.. I didnt realise it would get so uncomfortable so quickly.. dh and I putting the stuff together today and I got stuck on the floor! Glad we did it now and not at 28-30 weeks like a friend advised... she said it was too early but by 28 weeks we will be massive bayside... massive!! Lol

We are just waiting for our monkey/tree decals to arrive from usa and then to put up 2 shelves and I think we will be done... we dont really have room for more pretty decorations, we just had to go really practical for storage with room restrictions. would have loved a glider in there!

How are you feeling? Your 18 week bump was super cute. I think the sitting high is a twin thing.

Was meant to find out the genders today but our ob called in sick and her receptionist resceduled for tomorrow... kind of annoyed me cause I took the day off work and now I have to take tomorrow off as well and I feel guilty using so much sick leave when im not sick (and if I need it latet).

Speaking of sick, im so sorry to hear that many of you girls are sick... this awful weather really doesnt help! I wish you all a speedy recovery :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Frenchy, I know, I totally get it... we all need a vent and there are a few girls I work with who shouldn't even have a registration. So I know what you mean. Im just a little sensitive and emotional this week... damn hormones :O
    No one should ever say your starving your baby, how ridiculous.... your body makes what the babies need and they always lose weight to begin with.. there isnt much colostrum but its liquid gold. I hope you get a better bf experience this time. I feel bad already cause ive decided im going to mix feed the twins.. I just think bf 2 babies every 3 hours exclusively is a big ask... what if I get damaged nipples from a tongue tie or poor attachment for a few feeds. And bolicks to the person who told you that you should have the hang of it... bf is hard to begin with, I know everyone says its natural but mums and bubs both have to learn it together... the more help with bf the better I say!

Megs I think you are a great midwife, and anyone would be very lucky to have you as their midwife. I think bf is a very controversial issue, and I dont understand why? I had engorgement both times, and the first time, I cried so much as I felt I was a failure as a mum and the two midwives pushing me to keep doing it made me feel worse. I understand it is best, but I really did try my hardest, bloodied nipples and all. I tried evetything, more regular feeds, ice packs under my arms, on my boobs etc whatever the midwives suggested I tried. The lactation nurse tried to help as well but in the end, the engorgement was too much of a problem ( I tried expressing and only got 15mls in an hour). I was a little traumatised after that experience from the two midwives, but everyone else just said that it was ok, I tried when they saw how upset I was.

The second time around, I mixed fed my son. I had disastrous results (he kept having diahorrea after each feed ) as the engorgement made it hard to get th3 milk out again. And the bleeding nipples was also hard to deal with. After 2 weeks, the midwives told me to just try bottlefeeding to see if tge diahorrea would stop...and it did. She was soooo supportive!

I hope it all works out with bf for you, I cant imagine having to feed two hungry mouths!! Dont feel guilty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh megs, the funny thing is about bf, I see mums just take out their boob and feed their bub easy peesy!!!! I just cant understand why I cant do it?!?! I have tried reading tips, and all the educational stuff, and somehow I just cant get the engorgement under control or sorted?@

Third time lucky I hope, and im going to try and attend all the breastfeeding classes at the hospital again, see if that helps. I hope I can do it, its the most amazing feeling (even with all the pain).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shawly - im thinking of you, it must be so hard. I hope the next two weeks go by quickly and that the results are fine.
    @stillfuntryin- good luck for your scan! I loved the pics of your property! Cant imagine doing what you do, im tired just thinking of it!
    @megsarama - good luck with finding out the sex of tge babies! So excited for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for the debate on MW's!!! I certainly didn't mean for that to happen! For me it's just been the one MW, and she is probably great for someone else, but if you aren't going to listen to me when you ask me a question, well that's just being rude. No matter whether you know about IVF or not.

Megs, good luck with the bf/bottles!

And to everyone else no matter the choice you take, or is forced upon you by circumstances out of your control (frenchy?). It's all hard enough without everyone else's opinion on what you should or shouldn't do.