Closed Thread
Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well.. I think I felt babies move. I'd had it described to me as feeling like butterflies but another friend said it's like goldfish swimming around in ur belly. I think the latter is more accurate.

In hindsight I've felt it for a while but didn't know what it was. Now it's pretty much constant so I know exactly what it is!

So don't want to get up and go to work today after my lazy day off yesterday.

19 wks tomorrow and mini babymoon weekend coming up this weekend!!

Have a good day ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the whole EDC thing at my hospital the Doctors disregard the LMP date and always use the date from the early scan. Which is ridiculous for those women who know their dates exactly. Anyway I have written my EDC date in my book and if they wanted to change it I would refuse, luckily I don't have to see them til 36weeks as I only see my midwife til then. @bayside the swimming goldfish is spot on that's a great way to describe it.
    I am only 15wks now and have felt movements the last couple of days. (With my DS both me & DH felt him at 16wks) so it's only that I recognize the feeling that I've noticed it.
    MS has completely eased to just a morning spew, such a relief. Although I am still so tired (however I am either working my paid job or on Uni prac every single day so it's probably that making me tired lol
    4 weeks til Morph scan. Can't wait. Just want to know if I can buy pink or blue :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby's gunna come when baby wants to! It's frustrating but you never know what happened to that person to make them grumpy! They could have had a crappy day and it's not your fault so don't take it personally! 😊 some people may just need to retire yes, but their day will come. In the mean time your nice comment or mood might just make their day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like the gold fish analogy, I had heard the "butterflies" comment and that is way off for me, closer to worms than a butterfly!

Ive always been concerned about the hospital having the EDD Wrong, my scans always show bub "3/4 days ahead" but if they had the right dates he would be right on cue, I asked them to change it the first time the sonographer told us the due date but they refused, saying it made no difference, because most babies dont come on their due date.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 24-06-2014 at 09:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very true that babies come when they are ready
    Having an accurate due date can be important when you go overdue and they start talking inductions... If they're going off a scan date that is 4 days ahead then when they book your induction realistically you are losing 4 days that you could have gone into labour on your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope I agree, ours has measured ahead 5-6 days since the seven week scan, and when the clinic said I was four weeks pregnant it said + or - five days. M @frenchy81 how would I work it out if my cycle length is normally 35 or 36 days; my et was 6th March but my epu was in November? I'd like to know what you guys would have as your edd if you were me as I'm not convinced mine is right!! @Megsarama26 the rude cow I was talking about was a receptionist, not a mw

Thanks
    Reviews
    duplicate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Im in a conference so sorry if my responses are short...

Yes I agree bub will always come when they come, but in cases of emergencies and they come earlier or later than expected, the edc date is important (in my opinion ). The reason being is us ivf ladies are different, there is NO ifs or buts of WHEN the baby was conceived. All these EDC dates used by the midwives to estimate how far along you are because they have no idea when you conceived. Lmp works off that it should be 14 days after your first day of your last period as the date you conceive, and in a normal conception, they use the scans to date how far along you are etc.

But like I said, we know exactly when our babies were conceived, sometimes even to the exact time! Babies edc/edd is 38 weeks after conception. Our babies due date is exactly 38 weeks after the date our babies were conceived. In frozen cycles, if the embryo was a 5 dayer when it went back inside you, the date of "conception" is then 5 days prior. Edc is then 38 weeks from that day because the date you conceived is considered as you are now "2 weeks pregnant".

Luckily my ob did his last ob on-the-job experience thing at ivf Australia so he understands a little about what happens. He asks me my edc and trusts me on that.

Google "ivf due date calculator" - This is better than a normal one.
    @Molros my period length is around 30-32 days, but as I've mentioned, bevause we know exactly when bub was conceived, using tge "normal" 28 day cycle is fine.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by frenchy81; 24-06-2014 at 12:00.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thing why with my pregnancies, my correct EDC is important, is because of gestational diabetes and the fact that I went into labour last pregnancy before my scheduled c-section date. They are making sure they schedule thus one at exactly 38w1d and steriod injections 3 days and 2 days before to mature the babies lungs.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 thanks for that That puts my edd as 22 November which certainly fits with my scans better!