Closed Thread
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    @Bow Ties Are Cool gotta love how the MW's listen to you.....we must know nothing!!!!!!!!!!
    She was a rude old biddy who just wanted to get home as it was the last appt on a friday arvo... oh and she "used to keep up with IVF, but I don't anymore..." well love... you need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bow Ties Are Cool that MW sounds so annoying hahaha so good you don't have to deal with her again!! That made me laugh at loud, I love how these 'professionals' think we have no idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bow Ties Are Cool So glad you found someone who "gets it" and to the Middie who doesnt keep up does she realised how many pregnancies are assisted these days!!

The amount of arguments I have had with Sonographers/Midwives/General hospital staff regarding my due date is incredible!! My first antenatal appt I told the OB what was happening he just nodded and signed me off!

I hate the LMP question I always answer that it doesnt matter because it was an IVF conception and I know when the freaking embryo was inserted! As far as the hospital is concerned Im due on the 4th Nov not the 1st, I just stopped trying to convince them!

Baby brain is in full swing here, bought cottage cheese instead of cream cheese for tonights dinner's recipe... Third recipe in a row Ive bought the wrong thing for. Now to find a recipe for cottage cheese and head to the shops for the actual ingredient I require!
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 23-06-2014 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    Morning! We had a very productive weekend, we ordered all our furniture on Saturday; its on a 16 week wait so we had to get organised. I think I might have found my pram, the icandy strawberry, its so light!! It folds up easily and I can pick it up without struggling and it seems a bit better made than the Uppababy one, which is the one I thought I would get.

Im 18 weeks but not really feeling anything. I get this wierd pushing feeling from the inside then I can feel this hard area in my uterus, which is some part of my baby (back? head?) which is a spin out but I've had no kicks or anything like that. I ended up going to my ob last week as the pain was starting to scare me. Everything was fine but I'm still sore.

He said its gearing up for a growth spurt and cos I'm small its stretching me lots....we did get so see our little baby again and it was moving heaps and sucking its thumb! I also found out I have an anterior placenta which means if it doesn't move we won't feel as much movement and might require extra scans in the future because it might be hard to track the movements. Has anyone else got this?! We have our next scan on 9th July
    @Wishnhope I have a bump which looks like I have put on about 7-8 kilos but in reality I think its about 4kg....I stopped weighing myself daily as I figured I'm going to put weight on and that's that. Maybe you have a long torso and your baby has tucked itself in? have you put any wieight on? Some people don;t get bumps until they're 6 momths with their first, you must be one of them!

Loving the bump pics, I should take one of mine and try and post it!
    I also have an anterior placenta I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and was told the same thing about movements but didn't get told about the extra scans although I think when the time comes to do kick counts if I'm concerned I could go get a scan to make sure

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found when I was phoning obs to check availability they would ask date of LMP and I was like I can't remmber, its an IVF baby and would say the date of transfer or the edd I was given by the clinic. Most were okay with that but one rude b**ch was horrible and made me feel like crap. Needless to say I didn't go with them the rude cow. @Amandale1727 I think thats what they mean, he said it could be harder to count kicks so if I'm worried or they are worried they'll scan to check. I'm kind of working on the theory that as the baby gets bigger I should still be able to feel movement regardless of where the placenta is!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just enrolled for part time study!! Am I crazy????

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    To everyone waiting for movements, hope it happens soon but don't worry if it takes a while! My OB today said lots of women with anterior placentas don't feel anything til after 22 weeks. Mine is up high in the fundus so I only feel baby kick down lower.

A new new thing to worry about for me... Now my Blood pressure is high. I have to have it checked twice a week from now on in case I get pre eclampsia (which I'm higher risk for because of low Papp-A.) but baby boy looks good and moving lots so hope it settles down. Maybe it's just that I am stressed at my OB visits in case they tell me something else is wrong!

bought some cute outfits on the weekend.. Nothing else big decided on yet. It still doesn't feel real most of the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last few weeks there has been a fair bit of midwife dissatisfaction.... the lmp question is used for everyone, most of the computer systems ask for the period date and dont have the option for ovulation/insertion date as most people who conceieve wouldnt know at all.
    Yes some midwives are rude and need to retire and keep up... but it is hard sometimes, there are a lot of things we need to constantly keep up to date and review. And we do only get a short to me for appointments and a lot of complex women. I think people are grumpy in every profession. Maybe im just being sensitive today.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megs very much agree there are plenty of people in "people orientated" jobs that are well and truly past their used by dates certainly wasnt a dig at all midwives. Its jobs like middies and nurses (teachers etc) that I take my hat off too, incredible people.
    Totally understand asking the LMP question for must have records and computer systems, unavoidable but frustrating.

I guess we have all been through so much that we want everyone to understand our journey, coming to the quick realisation that 99% of the medical population just dont have the time with everything else they need to know to keep up with every development in IVF.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, the LMP fight with sonographers, obs and midwives is a battle you're never going to win. They think that we have no idea.

My advice is, do ur due date calculator thing online, work backwards from your EPU date as the date of conception, and 14 days before that is your LMP, with a total period length of 28 days. That way they are not changing your EDC dates, because what if you have premature labour and the EDC date is inaccurate and its out by just a few days, they are not adequately prepared or you are overdue and because they have your EDC date as later, you are even more overdue!!

I dont risk it, I make sure the ob and hosiptal have my correct EDC date. Try telling them my last period was in nov 13, but the 5 day embryo was not transferred until feb 14!!!

love the bumps!!!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app