Closed Thread
Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We run a Brahman cattle breeding property with approx 12,000 head of cattle and 770,000 acres. We employ 11 staff through the dry season ( March - Dec) we have a full time grader driver doing our roads, we have 17 horses 4 four wheel quad bikes and 2 2 wheel motor bikes, we also have a Robinson R22 helicopter that my partner flys when need be but we also employ a helicopter pilot because my partner is just too bust running the rest of the property, through the dry season we muster paddocks and bring the cows to the yards and take there calves off them that are too big and are literally sucking the life out of them, if we don't a good percentage of the cows will die from lack of nutrition as they are feeding a animal that weighs 200kg, we also mark the smaller calves with our properties brand so we know they are ours and put them back with mum until next year when they are ready to wean, so its bust times and we have just lost 2 staff members 1 to injury and one because she doesn't like the isolation and has broken up with her boyfriend! Hope that gives you an idea i can post a pic of my house compound area and a pic of one of the paddocks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    So.. sold for meat? My best friend and her hubby have a small farm (not sure what breed of cows!) and she sells the meat off locally to small group of customers. Just a very small farm in comparison to yours!!!

It's looking nice and green there for you!!! I would love to live on a farm, but no way would I get DH to live on one - plus we aren't exactly the hard working type of people! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @stillfuntrying such an incredible experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick drop, will come back and read updates later! 20wk scan all done! Bubs is perfect! Didn't find out gender, gonna go for the surprise! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403247423.098483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gstef how good! Adorable bub. Your bump looks great btw.

Shawly go celebrate!!!!!! Such good news.

Bowties beautiful bump!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (21-06-2014),Shawly  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    So.. sold for meat? My best friend and her hubby have a small farm (not sure what breed of cows!) and she sells the meat off locally to small group of customers. Just a very small farm in comparison to yours!!!

It's looking nice and green there for you!!! I would love to live on a farm, but no way would I get DH to live on one - plus we aren't exactly the hard working type of people! LOL
    Yes they will eventually get sold but we breed cattle and sell the males and females that aren't for breeding and just keep the best tp breed from, when they get a certain age we spay them so they get fat and then sell them for meat.

Great news for us today, i was in the process of finding some sort of apartment accom for me to stay in while bubs was being born and for a but after so around 2 months and it was looking at costing at least $4000, we got a letter in the mail today saying that out tenants are breaking their lease, so we are moving in! I love our house it was brand new last year and is so amazing, i was always jealous of our tenets and I'm so excited we are going to move in! We are up $40,000 in payments so if we don't want to pay our mortgage while I'm not working its fine Ken has given me a $5000 budget to partly furnish it seeing as we will only live there for 3-4 months and then rent it again! I also got given a timber cot and change table today so I'm on a roll!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's amazing news about having a cook stillfuntrying!

My mums my full time cook atm.... I use to love cooking! So tired and nauseous

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 12 week scan was perfect! 80% sure twin b is a girl, the other was harder to see.. Sonographer said maybe boy for the other.... let's wait to find out if she's right
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

stillfuntryin  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving all the bump and bubby and nursery pics ladies!!

Baolovesludo i reckon twin b looks like a girl too, but can't see twin A enough to make a guess!! how exciting, you'll get a better idea at your anatomy scan hopefully!

Stillfuntrying - i'm glad the bleed has settled now!! Sounds like it is just the physical demands of your job making you tired hun, farming is an extremely demanding lifestyle and it's a busy time of year too, your property looks amazing- very green!

Wish I love your Avatar- nice progress shots!!

Someone asked about ligth prams- that's also one of my main criteria- the lightest on the market that suits newborn that I've found is the bugaboo bee -but its pretty expensive ~$800 (it's only 8kg) I'm trying to decide if the price is worth it cos it does all the things I want.

AFM- I have a question for the ladies out there that have had bub's previously- I'm doing the glucose challenge test (not the OGTT 2hr one, but an abridged 1hr one) I don't have to fast before, just go in, take a 75g glucose load and then get blood checked an hour later, my question is do I have to book it like you do for the 2 hour test?? I couldn't get through to the pathcentre today, but I'll try them again tomorrow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (20-06-2014)