Closed Thread
Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laying on your back during later pregnancy can put pressure on a major vein that returns blood to your heart so you may start to feel light headed or dizzy and it can affect the flow of blood to the placenta & baby.
    If you want to sleep on your back you can pop a cushion under your right hip to tilt you enough to shift the weight off the vein and keep both mum & bub happy :-)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Molros  (18-06-2014),Wishnhope  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree ladies, laying on your back slows venous return from your vena cava and can cause dizzyness and decreased blood flow to placenta and therefore bubs.

Loving the starts of nurseries... we are clearing out the space atm :-)

15 weeks today and feeling fat. Haha.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Agree ladies, laying on your back slows venous return from your vena cava and can cause dizzyness and decreased blood flow to placenta and therefore bubs.

Loving the starts of nurseries... we are clearing out the space atm :-)

15 weeks today and feeling fat. Haha.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You look great! Definitely baby belly not fat :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous bump Megs!

I've also been told the same thing about back sleeping. I try and shove as many pillows around me but always wake up on my back! So trying hard to train myself to be on my side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love the FB announcement VERY CREATIVE! I loved making mine!!
    I agree with no back sleeping but always find myself on my back LOL it feels weird in my belly when i do almost like a stretching feeling.
    So i seen my OB on monday and had a scan, no low lying placenta and bubs is perfect, sucking its thumb Measuring ahead which is great, I'm looking for someone to do my job right now so i can rest more as i don't need the stress of that again! Morph scan next friday!!! Hope to confirm the gender, we had a peak the other day but are unsure thinking it a boy but hope to confirm next Friday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Hopeful and @Wishnhope thank you, I did try last night sleeping on my side but it wasn't comfy, I'll just have to get used to it! @Megsarama26 what a lovely pic

I think we are getting our nursery stuff ordered this weekend as most of it is on a 16 week wait. Re prams, I had decided on something like a city jogger or a srider compact but found the frames a bit heavy (I am only little), does anyone know anything about the Uppababy Alto or the Strider Agile? Or any other lighter framed prams?
    Are you bothering with a capsule or a reversible car seat...we are undecided....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros how light are you looking for? I found the Mountain Buggy Cosmo is 12 kg (but can be broken into 2 for lighter transport) Im only little too so didnt bother with the capsule they can be extremely heavy (9kg before adding baby) so found a pram that doesnt need one and will be buying a reversible carseat because of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I hired a capsule with my DS but found it was still quite heavy to lift him & it out of the car so ended up swapping to a reversible car seat quite early on. A lot of people find the capsule is great for convenience and it really is personal preference but I found it just as easy to lift bub out of the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a reversible car seat for bub and we bought the city select with bassinet attachment.

With regard to sleeping, I love my bellybean! I have the pillow under my stomach and the other side at my lower back. It allows me to lean back slightly if being on my side is uncomfortable and stops me from lying flat. Did I say I love it?! ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an Infa secure reversible car seat. And can't help with light prams.. Mine is pretty heavy, but I love it
    If I find it too much I will resort to the 3 wheeler one that I have.

Slept pretty bad last night.. well, was awake for several hours from about 2am... so feel crap today. Wish I could have just slept in and come in later to work!

Love sleeping on my stomach but clearly can't do that anymore.. and sides end up hurting. I don't have the extra pillows yet, but if I roll towards my back I try to twist a little so am not flat, or tuck the blankets under one side.