Closed Thread
Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillfuntrying I hope your bleeding stops, must be very scary for you. Glad you can see you ob tomorrow tho.

AFM - finally got my 12 week combined Down Syndrome risk factor back on Thursday night, after 2 and a half weeks. It was 1:160, my doctor said this is high risk and recommends an amino.
    Then on Friday met with the midwife for my hospital booking in appointment, she recommended the same thing.
    Then cos we said no she sent us to see the Genetic Counsellor. She was amazing. She read the full report and reviewed the scan report and blood report and realized they hadn't taken my weight or babies nasal bone into account when calculating, she got them to recalculate the risk, thinking it would take a few days. She called me Friday night and said we are now Low Risk at 1:380.
    I'm relieved that the chance is less but am super annoyed that it took so long for them to do their job and then not to listen to the patients about the amino. They just didn't seem to get that we wouldn't be aborting so it didn't change things. Just glad it is one less thing to be neurotic about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbow brite so glad it's all low risk! It's so annoying that all facts aren't considered before potential scary news is brought to us!
    @Bow Ties Are Cool hahaha it's black so hopefully it won't show up all the dirt although I'm sure it will have plenty of milk stains etc. haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @rainbowbrite so glad things worked out but agree that we are left hanging on such important matters!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1402803306.463785.jpg
    Bump update. Not looking much bigger in the photos but definitely in "real life"

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillfuntrying how scary! Hope all settles down and your dr gives you some answers
    @rainbowbrite glad risk turned out to be ok! Good on you for sticking to your guns!
    @Wishnhope nice bump!

Afm had my first hospital appointment the other day. I was very happy with the midwife I saw she was very thorough. Said my due date is definitely 19 nov as ivf clinic hadn't taken into account my cycle length. Still not much of a bump just lots of tummy flab! 2 weeks till scan can't wait!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    @rainbowbrite so glad things worked out but agree that we are left hanging on such important matters!!

Attachment 56554
    Bump update. Not looking much bigger in the photos but definitely in "real life"
    Nice bump !

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowglen View Post
    @stillfuntrying how scary! Hope all settles down and your dr gives you some answers
    @rainbowbrite glad risk turned out to be ok! Good on you for sticking to your guns!
    @Wishnhope nice bump!

Afm had my first hospital appointment the other day. I was very happy with the midwife I saw she was very thorough. Said my due date is definitely 19 nov as ivf clinic hadn't taken into account my cycle length. Still not much of a bump just lots of tummy flab! 2 weeks till scan can't wait!!
    Thats my due date to how exciting !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, had a lot of cramping and more spotting today so we went to the private hosp in cairns, I got to see the ob that was on call and she thinks the bleeding is combined from working too hard and constpation, I have started bowel movements again but not enough and I'm also super gassy, she thinks that's what the cramping is from, she did a internal and a swab, will have a scan with my OB tomorrow! Feeling more positive now, bub has been kicking like mad tonight anyways thanks for the support and I will let you all know how I get on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1402827272.385816.jpg
    19 week belly! Not just a bump anymore!! Love that it's nice and round but not appreciating the swollen leg look! Last night was def the last time I wear a dress above the knee during this pregnancy! Lucky below the knee is in fashion this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice bumps GStef & Wishnhope

Stillfun hope you're ok and the bleeding settles down. That's great news that they don't think it's related to the baby or placenta.

Rainbow great to hear that all worked out eventually. Sorry you had to go through that though, must have been scary.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Attachment 56563
    19 week belly! Not just a bump anymore!! Love that it's nice and round but not appreciating the swollen leg look! Last night was def the last time I wear a dress above the knee during this pregnancy! Lucky below the knee is in fashion this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Looking good !