Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @rj85 we paid ours at 20 weeks - 4k!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

rj85  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those having first bub I definitely recommend staying in hosp as long as you can as the support and help with getting breastfeeding established can be a lifesaver. Plus getting meals cooked for you is a bonus
    This is my 2nd baby and if all goes well I plan to be out after 6 hours. I'd rather be home where I'm comfortable and I have my private midwife who will visit me at home each day for the first few days too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are only 3 OBs in my area, one is $5k one is $2k and the one i use has no management fees!!! WOOP, he is the most sought after OB in Cairns and not cause he is cheap! He has a heat sense of humour and awesome bedside manner, They share the weekend between them so even if you pay the $5k you might not even get what you have paid for! I booked my OB as soon as i could because he fills quick and all the women that i know in Cairns that have done IVF have used him and loved him! So i like that idea anyway! But as someone said, there was no limit when we were TTC so there should be no limit now!
    Sorry to hear about your work Amandale! My partner is the boss so if there was anything said there would be hell to pay but as you all know we live on a cattle property and our staff also live here, they are all excited for us and love seeing my growing belly!
    Another symptom that is bothering me is my feet are really sore, as soon as i step out of bed I'm in pain, they are starting to swell at night also, anyone else? Anyone have any ideas to help me out! I plan on going to get some good shoes when I'm in town next, that might help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not much help with the swelling or pain in your feet.. I guess swelling you need to rest more through the day, make sure you feet are elevated as much as possible?

I had a sore heel a couple of months back - felt like a stone bruise to walk, but almost like a constant cramp - nothing I could do but put heat gels and such on it.

Not sure I will get to meet my OB. She is just the public one at the hospital - my contact will be mostly with the midwives which is fine as they are the ones I will be dealing with all the time. Looking forward to meeting mine today!!! Hope she's one of the nice ones!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soo.... Had our appt. left feeling very confused and unsatisfied
    The nurse was just so confusing and assuming, and then wouldn't listen to me about dates of anything.

Best part was hearing bubs heartbeat... Now sitting at 138bpm.

So after we left, DH & I chatted, and I msg'd with my sister in law (who is my other support person) and asked her what she had done & would do.

So, we are going to go with the John Hunter Birth Centre. This will give us a midwife all the way through, a relaxed environment room, with a bath etc. and if I get to the point of needing an epidural they just shuffle u across the hall to the delivery rooms.

So now to book that in - I just didn't see us getting the care we needed any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

It's been quiet in here today. I saw the obs today for my weekly appointment. The good news is I only spotted the first 3 days of this week and for the last 4 days I've had no bleeding whatsoever !! Bubs is doing well and was very cute, it was yawning and stretching after we woke it up during the scan! I've also now progressed to appointments every 10 days rather than weekly which feels like quite an achievement.

I've also been given the ok to travel to New York at the end of this month. I had a trip booked last year for work and I've had to rescheduled it so many times due to ivf attempts, a m/c and now our wonder bub. I thought it would be a nightmare to get travel insurance for an IVF pregnancy but it's not as bad as what people say, there were quite a few options.

On a slightly concerning note, I've put on 1 kg in the last week That can't be good? I did have dessert three nights this week and I don't normally but that was it. I haven't put on much weight so far but still, 1 kg in a week?! I'm wondering if I should watch what I eat, or give it another week and hope that it was just a one off to make up for the previous weeks. I still haven't really "popped" which is disappointing but I am 180cm tall (just under 6 foot for us oldies) so I was wondering if i was popping later b/c of my height?

Anyhoo I'm off to pick up the pizza - that's bound to help with the weight gain! It is a treat though, DH is on his way home for the only night I'm going to see him in a month. He is coming to NY with me though, so at least we'll be able to catch up on the plane!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bow Ties Are Cool - I've met some horrible midwives in my time (especially the night shift midwives) and sometimes I wonder why they are in such an important job. Some are just abrupt and dismissive.

BUT some are simply wonderful, it's just luck of the draw.

I'm glad that you've come up with an alternative that you are happy with, what a bummer huh? You were so excited!! Sometimes people should just be more considerate of others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @frenchy81
    Just so frustrating going in expecting an outcome (that was the experience of my friend who goes there) only to be told completely different!

Oh and just to too my night of frustrations... MIL doesn't really support out decision to use modern cloth nappies instead of disposables...."we can't afford the constant cost of them, plus prefer the cloth to disposables on our baby's skin.." "Oh, but think of all that washing..."
    Argh!!!! I'll be washing everyday anyway!! And still far outweighs the cost of disposables!!!

Can't win today.

Sitting watching me some captain jack with DH.
    Night everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    Thanks @frenchy81
    Just so frustrating going in expecting an outcome (that was the experience of my friend who goes there) only to be told completely different!

Oh and just to too my night of frustrations... MIL doesn't really support out decision to use modern cloth nappies instead of disposables...."we can't afford the constant cost of them, plus prefer the cloth to disposables on our baby's skin.." "Oh, but think of all that washing..."
    Argh!!!! I'll be washing everyday anyway!! And still far outweighs the cost of disposables!!!

Can't win today.

Sitting watching me some captain jack with DH.
    Night everyone!!
    @bows I get the same arguement with EVERYONE! Except my parents who are filly supportive and hate disposables. The answer I give is, "are you the one doing the washing? So how is it your problem?" Shuts everyone up pretty quick.

Midwives are certainly luck of the draw, after my OHSS I was admitted to the maternity ward for 5 nights, some were so incredibly nice and others would leave you to die if they had a choice. You'd think having such a people orientated job you'd be a little more friendly.

AFM 20 weeks tomorrow HALF WAY!! Felt extremely large today, must have done the second "pop"

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due Oct/Nov/Dec 2014 #3

^^ funnily enough, everyone I tell thinks it's great... Just not her.

Not sure today's nurse was a midwife. She never really introduced herself properly.

P.s. Am also measuring smack bang on 17 weeks!! But OMG she hurt with that darn Doppler pushing to find bubs heart beat!! Pain was worth it once I heard "him" though