Closed Thread
Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    B@stillfuntryin - I'm jealous! Dinner?!? We're going private too but no special treatment lol! There's a hospital in north Sydney where on day 2 they transfer you to a 5 star hotel overlooking the ocean!!!!!

I'm going to be there over 8 nights - 3 nights for steroids prior to birth, then 5 nights for c-section and if baby has jaundice then maybe another night or 2 (my DD had to stay 2 extra nights because of jaundice).

For me, my personal choice is to stay as long as I can even though this will be my third. This is because the midwives have so much advice (each have their own dos and donts and you work out what's best for you) that you can use and practice with bubs. It's about settling up a routine with bub away from everyone else, you will need that 'alone time' to establish that groove. When you get home, use those little things you started doing at the hospital to establish your routine at home. Don't forget it will be a little 'disturbed' due to visitors, family/friends.

Another thing no one told me before I gave birth, BREASTFEEDING is hard. I need the time at the hospital to practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I figured out how to post properly on my new phone yay ! Haha congrats to all the ladies who can feel bubs move !
    I havent felt isabella yet and im 17 weeks 2 days but my placenta is at the front so apparently that delay the kicks abit I swear iv felt flutters and jolts but who knows still early I guess.

As for the belly hair question yes I have more hair !!! Its crazy haha

I did some maternity clothes shopping tonight to but just at kmart still saving for my wedding which is happening in two months we have been planning for a year and im so thanful that I get to be pregnant ( yes that may sound weird) but this time last year I thought it would never happen so going on my honeymoon and coming back to more ivf rounds would have been a nightmare and its all I would have been thinking about so im happy to roll down the isle haha

As for birth plans heres an article I found to be pretty spot on in some points

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5372955

Hopefully that link worked still getting the hang of the phone

I have a question has anyone felt at all descriminated against at work for being pregnant ? I have been feeling so horrible at work latley I am new there and work for a council I started working just as I found out I was pregnant which isnt ideal but at the time I was working 2 hrs away from home and just wanted somewhere closer with a good opporunity the council seemed prefect and I work in accounts so it all worked so well but evee since I told them I am pregnant they have pulled me into three meetings using what seems like every excuse in the book to get me to leave saying things like "we understand your condition but...)
    And that im not focusing and being a team player which is total rubbish I love working in a team I alwayd leave my moods at home and am happy to help also me being pregnang has nothing to do with the fact im still learning I get that its not ideal to be pregnant during probation but im trying so hard and they are reaming me for everything and making up so many excuses I ended up going to hr and they agree with me and are trying to help me it sucks so much though im already so emotional everytome it happens I burst into tears at my desk I literally feel hopless at my job but it doesnt make sense because I always get my work done and help.out as much as possible.i offered to do week ends for end of financial year to and stay back. Anyway thats a very breif outline sorry for the long post, has anyone else felt descriminated against at work ??
    Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Amandale1727; 12-06-2014 at 20:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also just wanted to mention I am in no way against birth plans I just found the article to be interesting and thought id share

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandale1727 - I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time at work. It does sound like they are discriminating you and making your life horrid. Try not to let them see you emotional, they will use that as a performance issue. Don't respond negatively against anything they say, again they will say that you are un-cooperative and hence not suitable for the job. Since you are on probation, you need to tread very lightly, even though you've done nothing wrong. Is it 6mths probation? They can just let you go within the probationary period based on performance issues. I think this is what they are trying to do against you. Pulling you into meetings and having chats about your performance is a tactic for them to have documentary evidence of them trying to address "your performance issues" and give you time to improve.

I have never been discriminated against, but I have been in my job for over 11 years. However, I can't believe that any organization, especially a council, would do this in this day and age to someone simply because they are pregnant.

Thinking of you- and lastly, don't sign anything they give you, especially if it documents that you have performance issues and they have spoken to you about it etc etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Armadale, your work situation seems awful, I'm so sorry to hear. It sounds like you're really trying hard. Keep hr involved and every time something is said record it down and send to hr. When does probation end? I'm being bullied at work but not because of pregnany. I just want to leave so badly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandale1727 I left my previous job (in travel) due to high stress levels and seeing first hand the experience of a pregnant girl in my team. It just wasn't celebrated and kind of looked down upon. There was no flexibility for her coming back to work and people talked behind her back - made me feel really uncomfortable! I have been at my new job since feb (childcare) and I was worried about telling my boss based on previous experience but she was soo excited and screamed when I told her. I started crying because it was NOT the reaction I was expecting at all!
    I really hope your situation at work gets better. Like the others said keep HR in the loop and be strong!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice girls

I am trying so hard to be strong and I totally agree that they are probably using tactics to get rid of me I am trying so hard to perform my best I didnt want the pregnancy to affect anything I always write everything down so I dont forget
    Anything there is so much more they have said to its unbelievable the amount of excuses they have used and I havent said one thing against it as I know they will then say "she cant take constructive critisizem"
    It just sucks so much its making me miserable and im stuck there now I need the income but I dread work now and I really did love my job to but I can see they dont want me there
    And yes I expected way more from a council as they are government but I think thats why they are trying to find ways around it I am in a 6 month probation which doesnt help
    Anyway thanks so much for the responses it makes me feel better hearing others opinions I will definatly keep HR in the loop they have been great so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    stillfuntrying- yes hairy belly absolutely noticed here too!! It's weird isn't it how your body changes so much other than the obvious stuff people usually tell you about.

Amandale- sorry to here you are having such a hard time, I just got my medical certificate from my obstetrician today to take to our HR equivalent at work, but they aren't always the nicest people to deal with, they made a comment a year or two ago that so many people taking maternity leave at once makes it difficult for them to be able to give other people leave so we just had to deal with it, like it was the people having babies' faults! Not exactly understanding, but I've not felt discriminated against personally thankfully! Keep your chin up hun and hopefully your persistence and eagerness to help out will shine through to them.

AFM- Appt went well today, saw bubs on the little low tech USS in the office, she's head down spine on my left and feet up on the right- I gathered that cos that's where I feel all the kicking . Got the big bill today 3K!! Its a planning and mangement fee- once off payment after 20wk as your obstetrician is officially on call for you now, anyone else paid this big one yet, I don't mind I chose to go private and the money was never the issue when we were trying to get pregnant but just curious if others have paid similar/more/less amounts for private obs?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Rj the first OB I booked with was $6500! I ended up changing as there is so much more we can do with that money.
    Our new one is $3300 with $2k due at 20w and the remainder at 30 w.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

rj85  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rj85 - I just paid my $3100 ob fee as well! *cringe*

16. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

rj85  (14-06-2014)