Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^^ Perfect belly there!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 love the link and totally agree with the birth plan. Everyone keeps asking me what we plan to do. My answer is : we hope for a nice natural delivery and will go with what ever I can cope with and what will keep JJ safest! Cant ask for more than that.
    @GStef, I hope you feel better soon, its so easy to do online shopping especially for Maternity clothes because you can easily have a whole new wardrobe!
    @stillfuntrying I love you perfect bump, no chubby bits there, its all baby!
    @frenchy81 exciting you know your son's birthday!! Thats the bit I struggle with the "unknown"!?!
    @rj85 enjoy the appt today

AFM official 20 weeks is Saturday, very excited. Never thought we'd get this far.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (12-06-2014),rj85  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everyone... I am going into have a baby, I will prepare myself as much as possible, but not know how the labor/birth will go, there is not much else I can do but go with the flow!

Oh and I want to stay in the hospital as long as need be.. no going home early and not being able to cope properly and without the help I will need. DH will be beside himself enough as it is, don't need him being stressed out or anxious about everything.

I have a friend.. she is due 1st August.. she's planning to be home 4 HOURS after the birth... This just sounds crazy stupid to me. I mean it would be nice to be home as soon as possible.. provided you are physically and mentally ready to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bow Ties Are Cool is that your friend's first baby? I would be so scared! We are going private and have to stay 4 nts which I'm really happy about. Being my first I want to have the support right there if I need it in the first few days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 - yep, her first. Given her personality, I can really see an onset of PND setting in if she does go home this early. Especially as she has none of her own family here. He sister is coming out for the birth and staying for a total of 3 weeks, so depending on when the baby actually comes depends on how much help she will have from her sister.. but then she will go and then she will have no one really.

If it wasn't your first, then I could understand a little bit.

I am doing public, but still want to stay as long as necessary, even if there are annoying women in there (though I might get lucky!). And I am sure I will do the same when #2 happens!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought most hospitals have a minimum stay of 24-48 hrs for first time mums? My bestie went home 12 hrs after her second and the hospital allowed it as she was a "seasoned pro" and needed the room! I still think she was nuts.

My hospital states 48 hour stay for Virginal births and 4 days for a c-section. Like you @Bow Ties Are Cool, Im hoping to stay as long as they'll let me if Im not confident going home.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 12-06-2014 at 13:08.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going private and my Ob has already put 5 nights on my admission forms so I guess that's my minimum.
    I'm happy to stay and get the help and learn while I can, especially with the breast feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I love my bump I am starting to gain weight now but i am retaining allot of fluid! Puffy feet etc. I know this sounds weird but has anyone got a hairy belly, I'm not sure if i have grown more hair or its just turned dark but i have fine dark hair all over my belly, i did read that it could be a sign I'm carrying a boy but who knows...
    I am also going private and have a 4 night stay, they also do a 3 course candle light dinner for 2 with champagne to celebrate the arrival of your baby which is nice i suppose, not sure how i will go with the champers but the dinner will be nice, Anyone else get that, my private is Ramsay i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillfuntryin - wow! special treatment!!!

as to the hair.. YES!! I don't have it all over my stomachm but definitely a thick strip going up my belly. And having to shave pits and other bits daily rather than every few days... and eyebrows thicker.. lashes I am sure are a bit thicker and longer too!!!

Oh, if anyone is suffering from indeigestion/reflux... go to your chemist and get "ranitidine". I tried some Mylanta yesterday and while it was instant relief, still only lasted half hour... so the chemist suggested the ranitidine.
    It treats the actual acid and reduces that rather than just putting a coating over the top of it. And seems to last for 24 hours or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    woohoo! Hospital just called to confirm my appointment tomorrow!!! YAY!!!