+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maitland midwife group?

Hi everyone,

I am new here, I just found out last week that I am pregnant and due 9/2/15 after ttc for 8 months

I am in the Newcastle area and was planning on going to John Hunter (as I will be public), however my doctor has recommended I go through the midwife group at Maitland as they try to have one midwife with you throughout the whole way.

Any feedback on Maitland midwife group/hospital, etc would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going through Maitland midwifery program for a feb bub too. But there is a birth centre at Belmont which ive heard is amazing, I wish I could go to them they are just too far away for me, but may be closer to you, I would look into both. Also both are self referring so just call the one you decide on up and put your name down. You can go visit both if you can't decide.

To add: my cousin went through JHH and hated it, with her third she went to Maitland midwifery program and found them great. If you go to maitland your options after (if you need to stay in hospital) will be Maitland hospital or Maitland private. If you need to be admitted from Belmont you will go to John Hunter.
    Last edited by Soon2be4; 27-06-2014 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would avoid appointments at john hunter for the simple reason of wait times. They are ridiculous! Like 3+ hours. If the midwife group has been recommended then they obviously work with the john so I'd snap it up