+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Dd always would ask to play with them if we went to friends house that have them. Maybe I should just start with the starter house and 1 family? That almost halfs the cost as I was looking at the large sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    I would definitely just start with this. Then you can build on it if she enjoys it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe how expensive they are now! I had them as a kid in the UK. We were not well off at all. My mum has them in her attic still. I want to ship them over for my kids! Got tons of it.

I think they're a good toy to have

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had some as a kid and LOVED them. We had the animals & furniture in our dolls houses, and they got so much use throughout our childhood. My mum still has mine, and my daughter (20 months) now loves them. My SIL (11) also loved playing with them when she saw them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Why (being nosy).
    Why what?
    Lol he won't let me have any cause of the price - we moved from the uk so I don't have mine from when I was younger (they got passed on to my younger sisters etc)
    I loved them cause they were animals, they were cute, their were loads of things to go with them, it was just something I was hugely in to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Why what?
    Lol he won't let me have any cause of the price - we moved from the uk so I don't have mine from when I was younger (they got passed on to my younger sisters etc)
    I loved them cause they were animals, they were cute, their were loads of things to go with them, it was just something I was hugely in to!
    Sorry wasn't meaning that to be sinister. When you wrote that your DH wouldn't "let" you I wondered if he found them creepy or something - the same way some people have strong views on barbies and won't buy them for their kids.

Sorry just (like I said) being nosy. We've only had them for a short time and I didn't have them growing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 6 year old adores them. It's been all she has wanted for birthday's and christmas for the last 3 years, and she saves up her money and buys more with them. It's fair to say we have rather a lot of SF, but they are played with regularly, and when they are no longer played with I'll pack them up and keep them for grandchildren.
    I can't tell you everything that we have, but we have the caravan (that's what started it all), one of the cars, the nursery tree house, the hospital with extras, bathroom, dining room, triple bunks, nursery playground, prams, different families, popcorn cart, log cabin maybe the supermarket (I don't remember the last purchase, there was a lot of decision making over it and the supermarket was one of the potential purchases) and more little bits and pieces that I can't remember.
    She is desperate for Santa to bring her one of the houses...can't remember which one, I just remember the $300 price tag. I'm trying to talk her out of it given she has the log cabin but she's not swaying from it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Sorry wasn't meaning that to be sinister. When you wrote that your DH wouldn't "let" you I wondered if he found them creepy or something - the same way some people have strong views on barbies and won't buy them for their kids.

Sorry just (like I said) being nosy. We've only had them for a short time and I didn't have them growing up.
    Lol no I just wasn't sure which part you were asking why about - didn't find it sinister or anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401953436.642317.jpgi got this house for $60 today was $80 :-)

I'll get a family and some furniture for it but I'm not planning on completing the house. Just get enough for it be fun play

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    What's your opinion on them did your kids play with them or was it a fad. Thinking for dds 7th birthday but it's a lot of money. Would rather the real deal then the cheaper kmart version too.

i got Beachwood Hall with all the furniture for DS at Christmas - he is 3! We play with it all the time. He gives the baby a bath and changes it's nappy, we have meal times with all the food at the table and quiet time reading in the lounge. He likes going on holidays in the campervan the best and we holiday all over the house... He's very cute acting out all the characters, he always gets his trains involved too, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that's cute :-) beechwood hall is amazing love that it had working lights.