+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post
    Yes I filled out all of the relevant forms way before the birth of my son and submitted them so they were ready to go, all I needed to do when he did arrive was submit the proof of birth from the hospital and it was approved very quickly.

Me: 28 DH: 33
    DS born 29/9/13 IVF #1
    Truly Blessed
    I didn't no you could do that. My 20 page form with page for midwife attached was just given to me in hospital. How did you get the form beforehand?
    Last edited by Kazza78; 04-06-2014 at 20:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm thanks for the input. The payroll lady at my office said "don't call & hassle me"! She reckons it's taken up to 8 weeks for some other staff to have payments coming through & our pay cycle is weekly. I think I will call centrelink 3 weeks after submitting the proof of birth & get on their case. Problem is they are so useless you get a different answer from every different centrelink employee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang several times in the last 10 weeks and yes got a different response every time. All they said the last time I rang was it's being processed it won't be long.
    Last edited by Kazza78; 04-06-2014 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    I didn't no you could do that. My 20 page form with page for midwife attached was just given to me in hospital
    Oh no! Really? That is the same form I am talking about, only the back page had to be filled out by my midwife. All the rest I had already done earlier online on the centrelink website. I rang centrelink when I was pregnant and they suggested I do it. I just got an online password etc and filled out on my computer at home. Once I sent it off, my work received their paper work and they sent of my work details.
    That sucks for you it certainly was easier to do it all before hand and then take a quick pic of that back page and hit send on my phone. Made my payment come through faster than I thought too. Definitely remember for next time!!

DS born 29/9/13 IVF #1
    Truly Blessed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that sucks that no one suggested to do that. What I hated the most was that it was basically the same questions as the initial 47 page application

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Grrr I hate it, you seem to answer the same questions over an over again. Each person tells you something different and customer service is appalling.

DS born 29/9/13 IVF #1
    Truly Blessed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My ppl took about 8 weeks to come through from my employer after proof of birth was provided (could have been 6 weeks but centrelink missed my employers pay cut off by a day or so) .

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are crazy. If only they told me I could fill out the proof of birth form beforehand

Thanks
    Reviews
    I chose to receive mine when DS was around 7 months old (towards the end of my employer paid leave). I posted that horrific paperwork back to them when he was 1 week old. Got the letter from them staying 'taiyed your PPL will start on x date, it's all approved blah blah' within a couple of weeks. Low and behold DS turned 7 months old, x date came and went. It took them 8 weeks after 'x date' to start giving my employer the money so that they could pay me! Urgh!

ETA I think with centrelink there really isn't consistency with these things. I know people who got their payments very quickly.
    Last edited by Taiyed; 04-06-2014 at 23:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my payment before DD was 2 weeks old and I hadn't prefilled any paperwork (because they only let you do it 3 months out from your due date and DD was born earlier than that) BUT I called and spoke to a really nice woman who I think felt very sorry for my situation, she personally followed it up and ensured it was paid. That was direct paid from centrelink though so may made a difference.

So agree with PP, very inconsistent!