+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going to the snow with a 4 month old baby.

Hi everyone, my sister and brother are organising a family trip to the snow in a month's time and they've invited us to come along. I'm hesitant to do so because my daughter will be 4 months old then. I'm mainly worried about how to keep bub warm enough for the snow. Has anyone taken or plan to take an infant to the snow? What was your experience like? Please give me some advice on how to keep bub warm and happy on a long road trip(4+hrs). Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like fun! I'd definitely jump at the chance because babies are easier to travel with at that age - their routines are changing all the time anyway and they're often sleeping a large portion of the day. I had my first bub in England while there was a huge freak snow storm. It was insane cold but we just bought a couple of snow suits (you can buy them cheaply from places like Next) and took her everywhere with us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People in cold countries have babies too and it really doesn't get that cold here comparatively (although we don't have good insulation!).

I took my 9 month old to Colorado to the snow and it was great. Next do some great winter stuff.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (04-06-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely take a baby carrier of some sort. I forgot my ergo when we went to the snow and was kicking myself- prams were impossible to push so I ended up carrying her the whole time

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also recommend the baby carrier. Pushing a pram through the snow is next to impossible. We had no issues with the drive, DD just slept. I actually didn't find it that much colder, just dressed her in layers & wrapped her in a blanket.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never heard of the store Next. Any store in Sydney?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Next Direct. They are a UK store but have an online aus store - they are great and deliver really quickly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Fina14  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot about baby carriers. Bub will be nice and warm on my chest...thanks ladies. I am more keen to go now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=kw123;7803766]People in cold countries have babies too and it really doesn't get that cold here comparatively (although we don't have good insulation!).

Yeah, I heard on the news today, regarding Olympic uniform in Glasgow, that Scottish summers are the equivalent of Melbourne winters..yikes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Keeping bubs warm will be easy. Im sure your accommodation will have heating as do all the restaurants, coffee shops etc.
    when you take bubs outside dress warmly and pop in the carrier. You can wrap a blanket around the carrier and tuck in for extra warmth.