+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time user of Clomid-help/questions!

Hi,

I am a PCOS sufferer, and over the past month have been on Diaformin, but after still no period (AF? I think that is what people call it on here??) was put on Provera to bring on a period, which is beginning now!
    So my instructions are to take clomid on Day 2 (day 1 is the first day I wake up with my period) till D6, followed by a blood test at D21 to see if I ovulated! Standard procedure from what I read

In reading some posts and research in general some people have been talking about the side effects of Clomid, and I am just after other peoples thoughts/side effects they had with Clomid.
    I am currently in the process of trying to read/understand my body and the signals that our bodies can give us during certain stages, so want to be aware of what to predict. I know everybody is different, so not expecting I will have every side effect or if any, but yeh just want to be prepared.

I had some minor side effects with the diaformin, but not to the extent that it could be, so hoping I may be a lucky one! haha..(wishful thinking I know)

Am liking the forums and reading different peoples feelings, thoughts, questions etc. It is great to be able to talk openly and ask questions of people who are in the same boat, as in life I don't have anyone that can understand what I am feeling/thinking/having to do to hopefully have a baby, as all my friends have babies and got pregnant with ease so this is my new place to ask, share and support others!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I've done loads of cycles on clomid and with my first cycle, the largest side effects I had were headaches on the days I was taking the clomid and very obvious (read quite painful!) ovulation. It wasn't too bad at all, the first couple of cycles. After a few, though, it sent me a bit nuts! Lol! My poor husband!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi ! I had done heaps of cycles on clomid too, but didn't find to have any side effects at all..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your responses. Took my first clomid tablet today so will find out how I cope with this all in the coming days hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My moods were all over the place, I remember being grumpy alot. I took it on day 4 and my cycle was 32 days. So even when you think you've O'd, I would keep trying a couple of days after that, because you never know how your body will respond. Although I have to say, my FS was slack because I never got the blood test to see what was happening .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had really sharp pains at ovulation but the worst was it really messed with my emotions. I was so moody! I regularly had to just go sit somewhere by myself because I knew I was being irrational but couldn't control it and I didn't want to take it out on poor dh!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first round of clomid and I experienced headaches, shortness of breath, dizziness, and an emotional wreck at times! Lol. I am now on CD17 today and had some serious twinges in my left ovary area this morning to the point I had to hunch over a few times and wanted to be sick. I've had a pretty rough cycle so far and usually it doesn't bother me so I can only assume is all from the clomid. I was on 50mg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tassiewife,
    I'm in my first round of Clomid too, also 50mg on CD2-6.

I definitely felt changes! I felt dizzy, light-headed and a bit sensitive to light, with one or two incidents of being slightly short of breath. I also felt a flat and depressed and all over the shop! Although I'm not quite sure if I've Od yet, I had some serious pain in the ovarian region a couple of days ago which I've never had before.

Good luck with this cycle