+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 665
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,211
    Thanks
    3,645
    Thanked
    3,454
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I use a halo sleepsack swaddle which is 1 tog.. And I set the heater to 20 but sometimes in the morning it takes a bit to catch up with the cold. This morning bub woke at 5 and I chucked an extra blanket on and he resettled right away
    Yeah 1 tog is perfect for me right now because his room is staying around 22. Glad I googled it as I was dressing him too warm thinking the swaddle would have been .5 at most.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,690
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Yeah 1 tog is perfect for me right now because his room is staying around 22. Glad I googled it as I was dressing him too warm thinking the swaddle would have been .5 at most.
    Do you use a heater or cooler?
    Bub is still in my room at night... Hubby and I sweat and can't stand things too hot... I set our heater to 20 but sometimes it dips to 19 at coldest part of the morning. So we have a 1.0 tog bag and I try to make it up to 2.5 tog with blankets but I don't know if I get the mix right...

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,211
    Thanks
    3,645
    Thanked
    3,454
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Do you use a heater or cooler?
    Bub is still in my room at night... Hubby and I sweat and can't stand things too hot... I set our heater to 20 but sometimes it dips to 19 at coldest part of the morning. So we have a 1.0 tog bag and I try to make it up to 2.5 tog with blankets but I don't know if I get the mix right...
    It's spring here so nothing in his room. He's in his room now because our room in too bright with these long London days. In the winter he was in our room and we kept it at 20 with the heater. He'd be in long pj's with feet and singlet, then the swaddle and a cotton blanket that was folded in half on top. He seemed fine like that.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Here it was 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 4, 5, and up at 6. There were also some wake ups in between.

    I realise this doesn't solve your problem but sometimes it's nice to know you aren't alone in your misery.
    Thanks :-)

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Anybody on her massage their baby nightly before bed to help them relax?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks
    5,192
    Thanked
    3,894
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Anybody on her massage their baby nightly before bed to help them relax?
    I only recently stopped giving my girls a massage every night. They were 3.5& 1.5yo. I'm sorry you are going thru this. I understand the despair. Both my girls were shocking 6-12mths esp my eldest who woke 40-60min for 3-4mths!!!! The only thing that got me thru was bed sharing. I remember when dd2 was doing her wake ups at 7mths (1-2hrly) and then dd1 having her nightmares (screaming fits 2-3hrly) I was so tired. I had both girls on my bed and was alternating between them. Sigh. It was awful.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've tried bed sharing with DS but he just won't I will be trying again tonight after a bad night last night. It's hard for us because we bed share with our 3 yr old dd who is the size of a standard 5 year old

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,211
    Thanks
    3,645
    Thanked
    3,454
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS slept ok last night but a bit more restless than the last two good nights. The difference, I slept in his room last night and the other two nights he was solely in his room. The routine had been his room until first wake up, then bednest next to our bed and then I had to move him the next wake up because our room gets so bright. Started just keeping him in his room as I thought our room was disturbing him too much (streetlight, cars, etc). I slept in his room last night because our room is disturbing me as well so I set up the couch cushions to be in a nice, quiet dark room. He only woke at 11 and 3 to feed but there were a couple times were he seemed restless so I popped the dummy in to stop him officially waking. I think it's either because I was disturbing him when I moved or he could smell me.

    That said, may be all developmental again. He was trying to roll yesterday and the couple times I looked at him he was moving a lot, leaning towards his side. May have to loose the love to dream!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,211
    Thanks
    3,645
    Thanked
    3,454
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Eta: his naps yesterday weren't quite as good as the two days before as well.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    DS slept ok last night but a bit more restless than the last two good nights. The difference, I slept in his room last night and the other two nights he was solely in his room. The routine had been his room until first wake up, then bednest next to our bed and then I had to move him the next wake up because our room gets so bright. Started just keeping him in his room as I thought our room was disturbing him too much (streetlight, cars, etc). I slept in his room last night because our room is disturbing me as well so I set up the couch cushions to be in a nice, quiet dark room. He only woke at 11 and 3 to feed but there were a couple times were he seemed restless so I popped the dummy in to stop him officially waking. I think it's either because I was disturbing him when I moved or he could smell me.

    That said, may be all developmental again. He was trying to roll yesterday and the couple times I looked at him he was moving a lot, leaning towards his side. May have to loose the love to dream!
    I find my DS always seems to know when it's me settling him and he wakes up more to get a cuddles where as on the rare occasion my DP settles him he doesn't even have to pick him up lol I think it's the smell and feel babies just know


 

Similar Threads

  1. 18 month old in a bed
    By malis in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 17:05
  2. Is 4 bfs enough for 8 month old?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 07:39
  3. Plane activities for 8 month and 23 month olds???
    By bigZ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 08:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Carmels Beauty Secrets
An online beauty and wellness site which offers simple and effective time saving methods and tips which help you look younger for longer.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!