+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I was using the love to dream Swaddle for naps and grobag for night before this sleep regression happened because he was sleeping fine with arms out except at naps, he seems to need more help at naps, doesn't know how to settle his arms. Because last week was so bad I used the love to dream at night, it helped a little, mostly with settling because his arms were out of the way. Night before last was in love to dream and had a normal night and didn't need to be resettled in between feeds. Last night was in grobag but initially needed to be resettled after first sleep cycle then slept until 12.15, then 3.15 but then 5.30 (resettled), quick feed at 6, chatted sleepily and then up at 7. I think he needs his arms contained for that early morning light sleep.

I think I'm going to just use the love to dream and then switch to the 50/50 in a couple weeks, then grobag. Or should I look into sleepy wings? He's not rolling yet but I have a fear of him rolling for the first time without his arms free which is why I keep switching back to the grobag. I have a breathing monitor and audio but I'm still just so anxious.

Last night I did what Gina ford recommended with a grobag and then a light sheet/muslin tucked tightly across him, which I guess adds a little pressure like a swaddle. Not sure if that helped, maybe it did until early morning when he seems to need his arms more contained.

What do you girls think?
    My DS has heaps more trouble with day naps than night. We took his dummy away at night it reduced some of the waking. His days sleeps are on the recliner with me. Th sheet across them is suppose to help the sleep school did it and it worked as did the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Since a love to dream is a 'swaddle' I think it'd be tighter around the chest, helping calm the startle reflex then using a grobag and wings, which would be looser.

I may just stick with the love to dream for now and then look into the 50/50 or sleepy wings in a couple weeks. Or look into wings and do muslin tight across (again what do you think?). I prefer the grobag because with it getting warmer here it's easier for me to figure what he needs to wear to bed.

Right now he's napping in his love to dream with a muslin across to stop his legs kicking up. I took his dummy out when he first fell asleep and he's just made it past his first sleep cycle in ages!!!! I think I caught that ellusive drowsy but awake moment when I took the dummy out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He is super cute @SAgirl!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is super cute @SAgirl!!
    Haha thanks even in his floral grobag! Hahah poor little dude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that didn't last long at all... He's back in the ergo wrap! Haha

FAIL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Wow that didn't last long at all... He's back in the ergo wrap! Haha

FAIL!
    Haha! Arms going crazy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I wasn't watching but he woke up crying twice with hands in his mouth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I prefer the grobag because with it getting warmer here it's easier for me to figure what he needs to wear to bed.
    That was my motivation for trying to get rid of the swaddle. Was disappointed it was such a Disaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crap night already here. He just woke for his first feed... 10pm. I tried to settle him by holding him and giving a dummy and even DH tried but he wouldn't have a bar of it.

Baby - 1
    Mummy - 0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Crap night already here. He just woke for his first feed... 10pm. I tried to settle him by holding him and giving a dummy and even DH tried but he wouldn't have a bar of it.

Baby - 1
    Mummy - 0
    Maybe it will be like a dream feed and he won't wake until 3 or something...hurry, go to sleep now!