+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So DS went down with out a fight so far tonight. He ate 1.5 weetbix in total today and drank most of his bottles so here's hoping for a decent night!!

Off to do the washing for my "break"

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha enjoy the laundromat... It sounds very exciting

DS has really taken to solids!! I made him the puréed pumpkin, apple and pear. Tonight I gave him two teaspoons pumpkin with a heaped teaspoon rice cereal, he ate it all and was really enjoying it. When DH stopped to chat in between he made noises wanting more...and he did not take his eyes off the spoon!! He got upset when it was finished so we gave him a teaspoon of Apple and a bit more rice cereal and after that I could tell he would have had more but I didn't want to give too much so stopped.

I've put the vaporiser on in the room tonight to see if it will make a difference to his sleep coz I've been waking g so thirsty as the air is so dry and I am wondering if that's why DS is feeding so much?

I've also turned the heater off and just put another long sleeved top on him. If it gets cold I'll put the heater back on later but at least I have the vaporiser on.

Maybe it will make a diff, maybe not...?

I really hope both boys have a good night!! I am so desperate for some decent sleep, surely it's my turn now? This has just been going on forever

Everyone keeps telling me it won't be forever but it's so frustrating as ds1 is 3 and he still wakes a lot at night and I can't see it ever ending I can't have another 3 years of this he actually seems to be getting worse!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD is the same wakes hourly if not in bed with us! DS woke just after I left DP tried to feed like I told him to but DS refused (that's normal) he will only feed for me!!! It's so frustrating! So I had to leave everything at the laundromat and rush home and get DP to go back and collect the clothes! Now DP thinks he is the worst dad ever and I'm willing to bet he won't help with DS anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Can I just say that I am so thankful for this thread? Despite not contributing it is really making me feel less alone. I feel like a zombie right now, 4 month old dd had such a terrible night last night (as well as the last 5 weeks approx) and I am really going loony with the sleep deprivation. Knowing others are out there experiencing it also is definitely making me feel less alone and isolated.

Dd was awake every hr last night and was so difficult to settle each time. Then when I finally managed to, and was just about to drift off myself, bam! She would wake again

It makes me feel like I am a horrible mother to my 5 yr old during the day because i just have no energy.
    These bubs have great timing don't they? Is there anyone who could babysit your 5 y/o for a couple of hours if it's a particularly bad day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    My DD is the same wakes hourly if not in bed with us! DS woke just after I left DP tried to feed like I told him to but DS refused (that's normal) he will only feed for me!!! It's so frustrating! So I had to leave everything at the laundromat and rush home and get DP to go back and collect the clothes! Now DP thinks he is the worst dad ever and I'm willing to bet he won't help with DS anymore

How lovely of you to share the laundromat land of leisure with your DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    How lovely of you to share the laundromat land of leisure with your DH!
    I do hope he enjoyed his "quiet time"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    VP your inbox is full. I can't access the link 15 down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    VP your inbox is full. I can't access the link 15 down.
    I've deleted some messages from my inbox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Seriously?! I'm such an idiot...years of nanny and doula experience down the cr*pper.

Months of trying to work out DS' catnapping, going to extremes to get him through to the next sleep cycle every naptime and he just needed to burp!!! I give him ages to burp after a feed and normally if he has to he does immediately so I didn't think burping was a problem because he's never fussy or shows signs that it's a problem. When I try to resettle after a catnap i do ridiculous things to try to keep him asleep thinking it was the dummy's fault but not able to bring myself to get rid of it because it's not an issue at night. Whenever I pick him up to resettle I cradle him but the past few days I've been putting him on my shoulder as he seemed to enjoy it more. The times I've done this he's burped instantly then we have a little rock and cuddle, I lay him back down and he goes back to sleep!

Such an idiot!!!!!

On a side note, there's heaps of farting and some pooing while sleeping lately as well which I think we all commented that all our babies were farting a lot during the last developmental phase?

I'm laying on the guest bed right now currently hearing him grunting and farting in his sleep...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Seriously?! I'm such an idiot...years of nanny and doula experience down the cr*pper.

Months of trying to work out DS' catnapping, going to extremes to get him through to the next sleep cycle every naptime and he just needed to burp!!! I give him ages to burp after a feed and normally if he has to he does immediately so I didn't think burping was a problem because he's never fussy or shows signs that it's a problem. When I try to resettle after a catnap i do ridiculous things to try to keep him asleep thinking it was the dummy's fault but not able to bring myself to get rid of it because it's not an issue at night. Whenever I pick him up to resettle I cradle him but the past few days I've been putting him on my shoulder as he seemed to enjoy it more. The times I've done this he's burped instantly then we have a little rock and cuddle, I lay him back down and he goes back to sleep!

Such an idiot!!!!!

On a side note, there's heaps of farting and some pooing while sleeping lately as well which I think we all commented that all our babies were farting a lot during the last developmental phase?

I'm laying on the guest bed right now currently hearing him grunting and farting in his sleep...
    You dumbass!
    (Don't worry I've made mistakes with ds2 that I eventually remember making with ds1!)
    My boy farts like a trooper. Sometimes I just have to touch his leg and he's popping corn. I love it when he goes for the trifecta all at once (sneeze, cough, fart). So funny and cute
    Last edited by VicPark; 12-07-2014 at 22:55.