+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    DH slept in iur room for the first time in a few months last night, he was also tired as he didn't sleep for 2 nights as he was travelling home etc. (Not much sympathy here)

Anyway DS woke so many times... I don't even know how many and DH finally seems to get it.

He woke up this morning and got ds1 at round 6;30 and let me and ds2 sleep in till 8 which was awesome! I'm still tired but the sleep in did help.

Anyway I said to him this morning 'get it now?' And he's like 'yes, I now see what you mean' so I then went on to say it hasn't only been the 2 weeks he's been away, it's been like that a few months!

Today I've made a point of timing his feeds and sleeps (iphone app) and I haven't fed him to sleep today and he's gone down fine. I'm going to try and stop feeding to sleep in the day and also spread my feeds out to every 3 hours as right now i just feed randomly, before a sleep, after a sleep, in the middle of a sleep. (If he wakes too early to get him back to sleep) etc and I need some 'structure' to see if a few days of this night improve the nights.

So far today has worked out ok. Let's hope it continues.

I just have to try something

How was everyone else's nights?

I haven't heard from mum at all since last night, I think she is so freaked out by what happened hoping she texts me today.
    Last night blew. 9 (needed to burp). 10, feed. Then 1 and 4. Only half a feed a 4 and really restless with the leg thumping so brought him in with me so I could drape my arm over his legs. Then 7. I thought he'd be starving at 7 since he only had half at 4, but noooooo....fluffing and goofing about! He's slightly more on track with feeds today than yesterday so hopefully it makes a difference tonight. I guess that's not super bad, but physically I feel like it is!

I definitely notice a difference when his feeds are more structured but he's so distracted lately it's almost impossible and then it's cyclic, didn't eat well so need a top up and it carries on. Driving me nuts!

Glad your DH has experienced it a bit! Is it nice to have him home? What'd he think of your email.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sounds like a great plan! Good luck! My ds2 was up sick from about 3:30-6:30 Had to have a morning nap myself. ..
    How's the nugget?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    @SAgirl I'm so happy for you!!! I'm glad he finally gets it.
    @VicPark I often say things like that to no avail aha

I'll see how I got with him getting up tonight and helping this afternoon. Maybe I just need to be more vocal

He was so hand on with our DD I think DS being so sick and having so much trouble the first 5 months that it really put him off helping.

On a top note DS only woke at 12.30 and 4.30 last night

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3
    That's great! What a change! Hopefully being more vocal helps as well. You're supposed to be a team ya know?'

Thanks
    Reviews
    My night is horrific! Ok maybe horrific is a bit extreme?

Ds1 has been awake crying since round 10:30pm asking for a tissue... I've given him one and tried to blow his nose with the nose Frida. I know it's blocked from crying and he also had a big booger that was way up his nose today that I could see but couldn't get out... I have also tried saline spray and vicks on chest. Nothing has worked.

DH read my email tonight then proceeded to shout at me and ask why I never told him how I felt... Umm yes I have and u did nothing and didn't take me seriously and now I'm telling u AGAIN... When did I not tell you??! How about YOU DIDNT LISTEN DH!!!

We had an argument which ended with me in tears again.

Ds2 has already woken once for a feed despite more solids before bed.

Ds1 is still awake, I can hear him and poor little guy is still upset. DH keeps saying how he's manipulating me and just wanting attention etc. Sometimes I think he's right and then other times I wonder... Like if your nose is blocked it IS hard to sleep now I feel really bad. DH shouted at ds1 quite a few times

This parenting gig sucks sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Ds1 has been awake crying since round 10:30pm asking for a tissue... I've given him one and tried to blow his nose with the nose Frida. I know it's blocked from crying and he also had a big booger that was way up his nose today that I could see but couldn't get out... I have also tried saline spray and vicks on chest. Nothing has worked.

DH read my email tonight then proceeded to shout at me and ask why I never told him how I felt... Umm yes I have and u did nothing and didn't take me seriously and now I'm telling u AGAIN... When did I not tell you??! How about YOU DIDNT LISTEN DH!!!

Ds1 is still awake, I can hear him and poor little guy is still upset. DH keeps saying how he's manipulating me and just wanting attention etc. Sometimes I think he's right and then other times I wonder... Like if your nose is blocked it IS hard to sleep now I feel really bad. DH shouted at ds1 quite a few times

Just hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Gee I thought your DH would be sucking up to you for a bit longer considering he's only just come back from his self indulgent surfing trip!!

I can't believe he's angry you 'didn't tell him' instead of focusing on what was actually revealed in the email.

Hugs xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I was awake till 2am, NO sleep whatsoever, DS1 only stopped tossing and turning at 2, then ds2 was awake at 3:30, 4, 5:30 and now 7....

Oh my goodness my eyes are burning and I'm a zombie.

Both kids are awake and I have a friend picking me up in an hour to take me to buy DH's bday present.
    Last edited by SAgirl; 12-07-2014 at 07:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    So I was awake till 2am, NO sleep whatsoever, DS1 only stopped tossing and turning at 2, then ds2 was awake at 3:30, 4, 5:30 and now 7....

Oh my goodness my eyes are burning and I'm a zombie.

Both kids are awake and I have a friend picking me up in an hour to take me to buy DH's bday present.
    Did DH get up to help? Seriously he should tend to ds1 if you have to look after ds2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah he was up to DS1 but he can't settle him like I can, he just ends up shouting at him so I have to get up anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @SAgirl you poor thing!! Sounds like my DP when ever I tell him how I feel he tells me I need serious help it's not ok to feel like that and it always ends in a huge fight

DS was up EVERY SINGLE HOUR! Sometimes twice in that hour. Whyyyyyyyy he ate soooooo well yesterday

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3