+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Is the 4 month sleep regression the same as the wonder weeks?

According to my wonder week app, DS should be past it already (2 days ago) and he's STILL waking a LOT at night

He just won't resettle at all unless indeed him and it's every 2 hours

He is a bit sick but not too bad, he's still happy no temps etc. So it can't be that

Every time he wakes he does a heap of farts and then cries. He's never been bugged by wind before and could always resettle himself

when will this end!!!
    Hey my boy was farting the other night when he woke heaps...

I am not sure if the wonder weeks and sleep regression are officially connected... But it's a bit of a coincidence they occur around the same time. I think the wonder weeks can sometimes be off a bit. They make you put your due date in the app and not bubs actual birthdate. And we all know due dates aren't always accurate...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hey my boy was farting the other night when he woke heaps...

I am not sure if the wonder weeks and sleep regression are officially connected... But it's a bit of a coincidence they occur around the same time. I think the wonder weeks can sometimes be off a bit. They make you put your due date in the app and not bubs actual birthdate. And we all know due dates aren't always accurate...
    That's exactly why I didn't follow wonder weeks at all with DS1, they give such broad timeframes! I'm starting to think it's all BS. I mean yes I know that they do go through stages of learning new things etc and usually it's around the same times but looking at the stupid countdown for when the next one starts just makes me all paranoid and I expect it to be crappy so it ends up crappy.

DS2 of course only does big farts at night, I mean why would he do them during the day? What for?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wonder weeks is amazing! Every child I've ever cared for, including DS, has gone through them (some worse than others). They can be off a week or two but in my experience the babies still hit them around the anticipated time. I'd say the 19 week wonder week which can start as early as 14 1/2 weeks and go to 19 1/2 is probably considered the 4 month sleep regression. Also a 12 week one. So if they hit them straight after each other it's hell. The app is great but you should really get the book, it's pretty spot on and it explains how it all works. But yeah, the dates aren't exact, they can be within a week or two of their prediction. I actually enjoy reading ahead, I feel like I'm not going crazy if I know why he's all the sudden nuts.

I had a better night last night. 6.30-11, then 3 and now 7. I applied a bit of Gina Ford to our day yesterday, not sure if it a fluke, but it seems to have helped and he even slept without his dummy with no fuss!!

He was farting heaps last week as well!

@VicPark I think it goes by due date because it's going from conception. So a premmie baby hits the milestones of it's anticipated due date, not from when it was born, which makes sense. But either way, if your baby was full term your dates won't be too far off from each other and like I said, the milestones can be within a week or two.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 09-06-2014 at 15:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is just getting ridiculous! DS2 woke 11:30 for a feed, then DS1 wakes 12:30 coz he couldn't find his giraffe, then DS2 wakes 1:30 and screams the house down because I try to give him a dummy and resettle without feeding!'

He's NOT hungry, it's impossible! I normally only feed him one breast and at 11:30 I fed him both to fill him up and see if it made a difference, well it didn't! He still woke at 1:30 and cried. Then when I gave in and fed him he barely had any!!!

Argh
    **** this! I'm so over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is just getting ridiculous! DS2 woke 11:30 for a feed, then DS1 wakes 12:30 coz he couldn't find his giraffe, then DS2 wakes 1:30 and screams the house down because I try to give him a dummy and resettle without feeding!'

He's NOT hungry, it's impossible! I normally only feed him one breast and at 11:30 I fed him both to fill him up and see if it made a difference, well it didn't! He still woke at 1:30 and cried. Then when I gave in and fed him he barely had any!!!

Argh
    a close friend who has a baby a week younger than me had the same type of night, screaming and not actually eating, just wanting to be attached to her. It's 5.30pm...about to find out how my night will be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm entering the 4 month sleep regression.

I keep telling myself, it's not forever, it's not forever, it's not forever! Then I feel guilty because he is growing up way to fast :-(

It sucks tho, when you're exhausted, know the feeling!

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS was up at 10.30 then 1.30, 2.30-3, 4.30, 5.30 and out of bed at 7. I fed only at 10.30 1.30 and 5.30. Not our worst night but not our best we are past the sleep regression this is just simply his normal routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Argh
    Is the 1:30 waking for comfort/habit? It can take up to a week (or even longer) to break a habit.

What bedding is bub in, could bub be too hot/cold?

I hope hubby is pulling his finger out and helping you out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Is the 1:30 waking for comfort/habit? It can take up to a week (or even longer) to break a habit.

What bedding is bub in, could bub be too hot/cold?

I hope hubby is pulling his finger out and helping you out...
    I'm not sure how the 1:30 wake started... all I know is he loses it if I don't feed him

I might try not feeding him and maybe just a cuddle as of tonight and see of I can break the habit

Hubby is helping with DS1 mainly. Entertaining him etc and if he wakes before me and ds2 in the morning then he gets up and feeds him etc to let me and ds2 sleep a little more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps it has been pretty cold so may bring in the heater tonight

He sleeps in a vest, onesie, ergo wrap with 2 blankets on top. When I pick him up at night his body is warm But not toasty but sometimes his ears are really cold. He also doesn't have much hair at all so maybe he's a little cold?

He keeps wanting his hand by his face too so I'm seriously considering switching him to a grobag... But I'm also scared it makes it worse with his arms being free...