+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sucks LNO does he do anything with / for the kids or to help you?

I think he needs to step up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No not really it's a struggle even to get him out the house so I can take them for a walk as a family he just whinges the whole time. I am so close to leaving I just don't know how I can take the kids away they love him so much. I've been in this situation before and left but this time I'm finding it's not as easy. For some reason I love him.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Grrrrrrr just took DS into the bedroom for a play in our bed with his sister who sleeps with us still. DP rolled over so I said what u tired he goes yeah I didn't have the best sleep last night!! gah

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG. I just got a text from mum to say that they broke into her house in South Africa and fired shots I'm in shock

I've tried ringing but she's busy speaking to police now so can't talk. It's 1am there.
    Luckily she is fine but I'm freaking out right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    No not really it's a struggle even to get him out the house so I can take them for a walk as a family he just whinges the whole time. I am so close to leaving I just don't know how I can take the kids away they love him so much. I've been in this situation before and left but this time I'm finding it's not as easy. For some reason I love him.

Have you had a heart to heart (non argument) with your DP? Does he have some type of depression or do you think he is just lazy? Focus on yourself and make sure you are in the loop with all the finances (just incase). Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    OMG. I just got a text from mum to say that they broke into her house in South Africa and fired shots I'm in shock

I've tried ringing but she's busy speaking to police now so can't talk. It's 1am there.
    Luckily she is fine but I'm freaking out right now
    What the hell. Hope she isn't too traumatized. Robbers Or do you think it was targeted? I hope there are things that can be done to make your mums home safer.

Sorry you had such a crappy nights sleep. My boy was up 12-2 upset and a bit warm. Totally out of the ordinary behaviour (I wonder if it's because I am on antibiotics?) so I Fed him, cuddles then slept 2-7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not too sure @VicPark

Most are robberies but it happens so often (all of them armed robberies). There is actually a huge push from certain people in government for people to take back land and kill the current owners etc.

It's very scary.

I would say this is just a robbery as mum is new there (only been there a week!) and just renting. She also doesn't have much in the line of valuables. But they target the same places again and again as if anything is stolen, they know that it usually is replaced either by insurance or the owner. Normally tv's cell phones, laptops etc.

They will kill you for R20 or a crappy old Nokia mobile phone...

These people fire shots to kill, never as a warning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Not too sure @VicPark

Most are robberies but it happens so often (all of them armed robberies). There is actually a huge push from certain people in government for people to take back land and kill the current owners etc.

It's very scary.

I would say this is just a robbery as mum is new there (only been there a week!) and just renting. She also doesn't have much in the line of valuables. But they target the same places again and again as if anything is stolen, they know that it usually is replaced either by insurance or the owner. Normally tv's cell phones, laptops etc.

They will kill you for R20 or a crappy old Nokia mobile phone...

These people fire shots to kill, never as a warning.

SA Girl, how horrible for your mum! I hope she's okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just spoke to her they fired shots at her husband through the window. Lucky they couldn't get Into the house. They broke the door down but couldn't het through the gate.

They r spending the night at police station in a safe cell because all her family is asleep and she can't get hold of anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope that your family are ok how scary!! And sad!!
    @VicPark I'd say he is slightly depressed and lazy.