+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    I feel you only my DP doesn't work ATM he quit to "help" me at home!!! Arghhhhhhh
    @SAgirl he slept on the couch 2 nights ago when I kicked him out of our bed for being an a**e he said it's the best nights sleep his had in ages that night I was up several times!!
    He never comes to see if I need help anymore.
    Wow that's crap. Id be telling him to go back to work if he's not going to help you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Wow that's crap. Id be telling him to go back to work if he's not going to help you!
    Tried but it didn't go down well. He use to help with cooking and cleaning but not for weeks now. He doesn't know how to look after a baby so I've never had a sleep in since having DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In DH's defense, he is really supportive and helpful when he can be but he works really long hours and sometimes I just pop, especially being overseas on our own. When he's home he's helpful. I sleep in DS's room because I just find it easier with feeding and I sleep better if I'm in the same room. Last night was only the 2nd time in 5 months that he'd woken and something else was up besides wanting to eat so I don't usually bother DH because I don't see the point of him getting up when I exclusively breastfeed. The first time it happened he did get up to see if I needed him but last night he didn't. I do see his point why, because DS was going back and forth between chatting and crying he probably thought he may wake DS if he came in or mess up what I was doing. I just needed to vent. It's mostly the 'we should have so and so over for dinner.' It's so easy to want to chat late into the night over a bottle of wine when you're not the one who will be up three times! I would love to be in that mood too but right now all I think about is wanting to sleep or lay on the couch and relax. Not entertain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    my DH has been sleeping in the spare room... Getting a full nights sleep every night. I hear you!!

I've got news for him when he comes back!
    You go get 'em!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tried but it didn't go down well. He use to help with cooking and cleaning but not for weeks now. He doesn't know how to look after a baby so I've never had a sleep in since having DS.
    I would be cracking it if I were you! He can either go back to work, help cook and clean or learn to help look after the kids. No sleeping on the couch! Especially when kids are awake! And especially in front of you!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (09-07-2014),VicPark  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    In DH's defense, he is really supportive and helpful when he can be but he works really long hours and sometimes I just pop, especially being overseas on our own. When he's home he's helpful. I sleep in DS's room because I just find it easier with feeding and I sleep better if I'm in the same room. Last night was only the 2nd time in 5 months that he'd woken and something else was up besides wanting to eat so I don't usually bother DH because I don't see the point of him getting up when I exclusively breastfeed. The first time it happened he did get up to see if I needed him but last night he didn't. I do see his point why, because DS was going back and forth between chatting and crying he probably thought he may wake DS if he came in or mess up what I was doing. I just needed to vent. It's mostly the 'we should have so and so over for dinner.' It's so easy to want to chat late into the night over a bottle of wine when you're not the one who will be up three times! I would love to be in that mood too but right now all I think about is wanting to sleep or lay on the couch and relax. Not entertain.
    I completely understand!! I feel the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would be cracking it if I were you! He can either go back to work, help cook and clean or learn to help look after the kids. No sleeping on the couch! Especially when kids are awake! And especially in front of you!
    Yeah I've cracked it bad. His always asking when IM taking the kids out next or when IM going to do the shopping or when IM going to pick up things from the shops. Gah over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm coming on to rant! What an awful night! 10.30, 1.30, 3. At 3 he would only have one side so back awake at 3.45 but then didn't want to eat. Didn't know if he was Arthur or Martha, wanted to chat, wanted to sleep, wanted to play with his dummy. Then he realized he was over-tired and he wanted to sleep but couldn't get there.... DH never got up to see if I needed help.

Now he's off to work on his standard 7 hours minimum of sleep and has told me he won't be home until 9 or 10 because he has a corporate run on. 'You knew about the run.' Yes, I did. But why would I assume it was at night and not at lunchtime like all the others?! And you've been home late from work every night and your mom gets here Friday and your sister is already here. And you'd love to have them stay for dinners, and this and that. So easy to want to be so inviting with dinners when you're on 7 hours sleep! His mom is staying a couple days before she goes to the house his sister has rented. Dreading it, she's helpful, but almost too helpful, to the point where it's awkward if I turn down her help. His sister constantly wants her help so I know there will be lots of pressure for me to be the same. Then his sister rented a house in a pain in the a** location. God forbid she try to be closer to us. And now I'm going to have to try to catch up, with a baby that doesn't sleep anywhere but his cot, all the time. Or have two tantrum throwing nephews over in our two-bed flat.

Sorry. I'm being a baby. But ***** I just needed to get that off my chest.
    I'm with you holly. I've been sick since Sunday, and hubby hasn't really gone out of his way to help extra with our two boys. Sunday I felt like death and hubby goes for a 3 hour workout. I then let him know I found it hard coping with our two. Sick as a dog Monday, crap Tuesday and today I was still sick. Now by this point I had a doctors certificate so hubby could have stayed home to help. But he went to a BS work all day sports thing instead. Yeah my mum is visiting but I told hubby she's not that useful. My patience with our toddler is wearing thin. Then tonight (when I'm feeling a little better) hubby says "I think I'll take the day off tomorrow to help you out." I replied "you want the day off do you?" And he replies "do you want me to help or not?".
    - where was his concern when I was at deaths door?

I am waiting until my mother leaves before having it out with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I've cracked it bad. His always asking when IM taking the kids out next or when IM going to do the shopping or when IM going to pick up things from the shops. Gah over it.
    When's he going to go do the shopping????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When's he going to go do the shopping????
    Haha if only