+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning ladies... So maybe he is hungry after all?

Last night I have him a teaspoon of pear purée mixed with half teaspoon of rice cereal and some breast milk just before his bath and bed.

He also of course got his normal breastfeed.

Anyway he slept round 7pm to 12:45!!! That's the longest stretch he's done in months!

Then I fed him at 12:45 and I think he woke again at 3:45?? And I fed go again and he did a big pooplosion and then he slept till 6:30....

So a much better night from him... Except OF COURSE DS1 woke!! He had 2 night terrors 1 at 1:30 and another round 3?
    Last edited by SAgirl; 09-07-2014 at 06:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Morning ladies... So maybe he is hungry after all?

Last night I have him a teaspoon of pear purée mixed with half teaspoon of rice cereal and some breast milk just before his bath and bed.

He also of course got his normal breastfeed.

Anyway he slept round 7pm to 12:45!!! That's the lightest stretch he's done in months!

Then I fed him at 12:45 and I think he woke again at 3:45?? And I fed go again and he did a big pooplosion and then he slept till 6:30....

So a much better night from him... Except OF COURSE DS1 woke!! He had 2 night terrors 1 at 1:30 and another round 3?
    You can't win!

A great night for your gorgeous chubber though! There's hope! One day they will both sleep well together and you'll feel like a new woman!

Have you heard from DH?

I'm going to speak to the health nurse about her thoughts on solids on Monday. I can't decide what I think and just really worried about making the wrong choice for him. I have horrible anxiety about EVERY decision I need to make. He's definitely hungry at night, he's not waking for any other reason, but I can't decide if it's because he needs more than milk or because he's not eating well enough during the day because he's goofing around so much. Three wake ups last night which I know isn't too bad but I just have a hard time coping with 3.

I've been meaning to do a proper update, comment to you all and update on how I've been doing. Will try tomorrow. I'm off to bed, wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    You can't win!

A great night for your gorgeous chubber though! There's hope! One day they will both sleep well together and you'll feel like a new woman!

Have you heard from DH?

I'm going to speak to the health nurse about her thoughts on solids on Monday. I can't decide what I think and just really worried about making the wrong choice for him. I have horrible anxiety about EVERY decision I need to make. He's definitely hungry at night, he's not waking for any other reason, but I can't decide if it's because he needs more than milk or because he's not eating well enough during the day because he's goofing around so much. Three wake ups last night which I know isn't too bad but I just have a hard time coping with 3.

I've been meaning to do a proper update, comment to you all and update on how I've been doing. Will try tomorrow. I'm off to bed, wish me luck!
    Dont worry I'm also confused by solids info,

Hope you get some answers and a good sleep x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404885957.288216.jpg

THIS!! I am so over seeing this "oh I don't get much sleep at night our bed is just to uncomfortable"!!!!! Grrrrr ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404886005.024032.jpg

Both of the kids are still up and awake why should he nap and not me?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Attachment 57520

THIS!! I am so over seeing this "oh I don't get much sleep at night our bed is just to uncomfortable"!!!!! Grrrrr Attachment 57521

Both of the kids are still up and awake why should he nap and not me?!
    my DH has been sleeping in the spare room... Getting a full nights sleep every night. I hear you!!

I've got news for him when he comes back!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm coming on to rant! What an awful night! 10.30, 1.30, 3. At 3 he would only have one side so back awake at 3.45 but then didn't want to eat. Didn't know if he was Arthur or Martha, wanted to chat, wanted to sleep, wanted to play with his dummy. Then he realized he was over-tired and he wanted to sleep but couldn't get there.... DH never got up to see if I needed help.

Now he's off to work on his standard 7 hours minimum of sleep and has told me he won't be home until 9 or 10 because he has a corporate run on. 'You knew about the run.' Yes, I did. But why would I assume it was at night and not at lunchtime like all the others?! And you've been home late from work every night and your mom gets here Friday and your sister is already here. And you'd love to have them stay for dinners, and this and that. So easy to want to be so inviting with dinners when you're on 7 hours sleep! His mom is staying a couple days before she goes to the house his sister has rented. Dreading it, she's helpful, but almost too helpful, to the point where it's awkward if I turn down her help. His sister constantly wants her help so I know there will be lots of pressure for me to be the same. Then his sister rented a house in a pain in the a** location. God forbid she try to be closer to us. And now I'm going to have to try to catch up, with a baby that doesn't sleep anywhere but his cot, all the time. Or have two tantrum throwing nephews over in our two-bed flat.

Sorry. I'm being a baby. But ***** I just needed to get that off my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks HGL! If it's any consolation my Inlaws just have no idea about baby and sleep... They love to think that baby should just stay awake all day and night for them. Sooo irritating and they don't help either! They often used to pop over for a visit when DS1 was first born, I was exhausted etc and often didn't eat breakfast until after lunch and barely drank anything as I was so busy with new bub, then they would come over and sit on my couch and wind DS up and over stimulate him and not offer any help to me AT ALL. So maybe take some help from your Mil? Maybe she can cook dinner or at least look after bub ( if he doesn't want to sleep etc) and then u can have a rest?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I'm coming on to rant! What an awful night! 10.30, 1.30, 3. At 3 he would only have one side so back awake at 3.45 but then didn't want to eat. Didn't know if he was Arthur or Martha, wanted to chat, wanted to sleep, wanted to play with his dummy. Then he realized he was over-tired and he wanted to sleep but couldn't get there.... DH never got up to see if I needed help.

Now he's off to work on his standard 7 hours minimum of sleep and has told me he won't be home until 9 or 10 because he has a corporate run on. 'You knew about the run.' Yes, I did. But why would I assume it was at night and not at lunchtime like all the others?! And you've been home late from work every night and your mom gets here Friday and your sister is already here. And you'd love to have them stay for dinners, and this and that. So easy to want to be so inviting with dinners when you're on 7 hours sleep! His mom is staying a couple days before she goes to the house his sister has rented. Dreading it, she's helpful, but almost too helpful, to the point where it's awkward if I turn down her help. His sister constantly wants her help so I know there will be lots of pressure for me to be the same. Then his sister rented a house in a pain in the a** location. God forbid she try to be closer to us. And now I'm going to have to try to catch up, with a baby that doesn't sleep anywhere but his cot, all the time. Or have two tantrum throwing nephews over in our two-bed flat.

Sorry. I'm being a baby. But ***** I just needed to get that off my chest.
    I feel you only my DP doesn't work ATM he quit to "help" me at home!!! Arghhhhhhh
    @SAgirl he slept on the couch 2 nights ago when I kicked him out of our bed for being an a**e he said it's the best nights sleep his had in ages that night I was up several times!!
    He never comes to see if I need help anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you leave them alone with the kids for a while so they get a taste of what you go through? My DH is really supportive and I still find things difficult so I take my hat off to you ladies.

Holly no need to apologise for venting! Can you get MIL to cook meals, fold laundry etc if she wants to help?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    That sucks HGL! If it's any consolation my Inlaws just have no idea about baby and sleep... They love to think that baby should just stay awake all day and night for them. Sooo irritating and they don't help either! They often used to pop over for a visit when DS1 was first born, I was exhausted etc and often didn't eat breakfast until after lunch and barely drank anything as I was so busy with new bub, then they would come over and sit on my couch and wind DS up and over stimulate him and not offer any help to me AT ALL. So maybe take some help from your Mil? Maybe she can cook dinner or at least look after bub ( if he doesn't want to sleep etc) and then u can have a rest?
    That's what it was like when my parents visited! Sitting on the sofa with their glasses of wine and beer not once offering to help while I bathed a newborn, got dinner ready, etc. Then they wondered why I was irritated with them and did a whole 'woe is me' argument.

I'll definitely have MIL help with meals, she lives for that sh*t. stocking up our freezer, etc. She honestly loves it! But I know she'll want to do everything with DS and I'll find that stressful. I don't mind if she does something like bath but she'll push to settle him for naps and bed and honestly I just want to be left to do what I do, ya know? I know she'll make a face at the lengths I go to ensure he sleeps more than one sleep cycle at naps and that she'll push to babysit him and I'm just not ready to leave him. I sound like a controlling psycho but it all gives me so much anxiety! I don't actually want to be away from him yet, I think he's super cute and fun . Even though he keeps me up, I enjoy his company.