+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    Hope you don't mind me joining in but I'm feeling a bit frazzled at the moment.

DS2 is only 9 weeks, but at the moment I can't seem to get him to sleep for longer than 20 mins. Even that is a battle to get him down for. He's gone from me being able to put him down sleepy and him self-settling to needing the full works to get him down.

I'm struggling with managing DS2 and 3 year old DS1 who's feeling a bit neglected. DS2 hates the ergo too.

I know such young babies go through this, but I guess I'm paranoid because DS1 was such a sh1te sleeper! Not sure there's much point to this post really.
    You poor thing... I know the textbooks say that if you pat/rock/dummy babies to sleep they are more likely to Catnap. - not saying this applies to you.

It's a struggle going to 2 kids... I've got a 2.5 year old and a 4.5 month old. Very tough and one thing I will say is god bless TV!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-07-2014),RastaMouse  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    How old is he? Have you tried the naughty corner? 123 Magic?
    I still haven't got the 123 magic book but I count to 3. He stops... But then starts up again...

I get to 2 and he's calmed down, then I go ok good and then 5 seconds later he's acting up again, so I count again, get to 2 and he stops, then starts again. It goes on and on until I lose my ****.

And I've tried time out. He will happily sit there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 is 5 months today!!!! Can't believe how time has flown by

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (04-07-2014),VicPark  (05-07-2014),Wise Enough  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So we are being discharged!!! Unfortunately we have seen every paed in this town! He is feeding a tiny bit better and for his weight they've fortified his feeds further. Just waiting to see the psych before I go.... maybe its because I yelled them..... will see the paed in clinic on 14th. We would take him to the royal children's if we need to.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    So we are being discharged!!! Unfortunately we have seen every paed in this town! He is feeding a tiny bit better and for his weight they've fortified his feeds further. Just waiting to see the psych before I go.... maybe its because I yelled them..... will see the paed in clinic on 14th. We would take him to the royal children's if we need to.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

How frustrating for you! You're in Mount Gambier aren't you? Can you get to Adelaide at all?

I went to a great paed who finally diagnosed DD with silent reflux. From memory as I didn't have private health at the time, I got it all back from Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Wiseenough and @VicPark! He's been shocking with his sleeps but he's lucky he's cute I'm still putting him down sleepy rather than asleep and 1 out of 10 times he self-settles like he was. Most of the time though I'm just ending up carrying him as I need to get stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Glad to hear he's feeding better. How old is he again? You might already be using something similar, but with DS1 I had to add Polyjoule to his feeds for extra calories.

Not sure if it is of any reassurance at all, but he's now 3 - he eats like a horse and enjoys a range of foods from curries to (mild) chilli mussels! It's a hard road but you'll get there. I found it a lot easier to work on the feeding aversion once he was on solids. Depending on how old he is, there are some sensory activities you could be doing now to work on things. Happy to send you some stuff if it will help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a funny side note - @HollyGolightly81
    Was it you who posted ages ago about a friend and some girls baby clothes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    On a funny side note - @HollyGolightly81
    Was it you who posted ages ago about a friend and some girls baby clothes?
    Hmmm I don't remember????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh sorry I found the thread I was referring to but wasn't you Afterall! Baby brain.

Carry on

Thanks
    Reviews
    So DH is in the middle of nowhere and I last heard from him on Saturday - the day after he left....

He gets back next Thursday.

He found someone who's mobile phone works - don't know why his doesn't as he has roaming activated, thanks a lot voda****!! - anyway he rang me 4 times but I was asleep.... Of course I was.