+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Did they cough up a plan yet? That weight loss would be worrying to a mummy...
    Still nothing trying to get a transfer but theu are rejecting that idea too. He won't take a bottle and he won't take solids so how is he meant to gain weight and stay hydrated. His nappies aren't wet either

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    DS1 has spent the day throwing massive tantrums!! Bet he wakes tonight with another one.

I just don't know how to control his behaviour or discipline him. He doesn't respond to anything I say or do
    DS1 has been really challenging too. Just when I was ready to list him on the gumtree he calmed down a bit. I've heard 123 Magic recommended quite a few times too - there's an ebook you can get apparently. I used lots of stickers for DS, rewarding the 1 out of 10 times that he was well behaved. Eventually he cottoned on and got a bit better. We also have a reward chart, and when he fills it he gets to go on a special outing ie. for a milkshake or to Grill'd.

Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Still nothing trying to get a transfer but theu are rejecting that idea too. He won't take a bottle and he won't take solids so how is he meant to gain weight and stay hydrated. His nappies aren't wet either
    It just sounds so bizarre the way they're managing it. Will he take a bottle with lots of distraction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    DS1 has been really challenging too. Just when I was ready to list him on the gumtree he calmed down a bit. I've heard 123 Magic recommended quite a few times too - there's an ebook you can get apparently. I used lots of stickers for DS, rewarding the 1 out of 10 times that he was well behaved. Eventually he cottoned on and got a bit better. We also have a reward chart, and when he fills it he gets to go on a special outing ie. for a milkshake or to Grill'd.

It just sounds so bizarre the way they're managing it. Will he take a bottle with lots of distraction?
    Nope the more distraction the worse it is :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope the more distraction the worse it is :/
    Is it possible to see another doctor? THe first one we saw put DS' poor feeding and constant screaming down to me being a first time mum. The second paed we saw actually investigated things.

So sorry to hear how prolonged this has been for you. Poor you and your little man.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Ahh I know of Southfields pretty sure I've been down there to a pub. Possibly slug and lettuce?
    Haha dirty ol' Slug! I went a few times when we lived here in our early 20s. Southfields is too sleepy for one though! I think there's one in Wimbledon and definitely one in Fulham, both on the same part of the district line as Southfields, maybe that's how you remember it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

They seem so incompetent! How upsetting and frustrating. Do they do anything to try to keep him hydrated besides offering a bottle (which obviously isn't working). What other hospital can you get transferred to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it possible to see another doctor? THe first one we saw put DS' poor feeding and constant screaming down to me being a first time mum. The second paed we saw actually investigated things.

So sorry to hear how prolonged this has been for you. Poor you and your little man.
    Yes always get a second opinion. When I saw my GP with DD2s sleep issues he said "why are you getting up to her, let her cry". Real helpful.

Got a paed referral and took a cancellation the next day with a different paed rather than wait for mine. She said DD2 basically needed to go on a diet. At 6 months. Because babies are known for sleeping much better on empty tummies.

Saw my normal paed and he said reflux and gave me medication which has helped things heaps.

So make sure LiterallyNoOne you keep seeking second opinions because some people in the medical profession are just stupid.

Meanwhile I'm looking after my niece and nephew during the school holidays. My sister was out tonight and I have just got 4 kids fed, bathed and asleep. I'm feeling a bit chuffed with myself!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (03-07-2014),HollyGolightly81  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you don't mind me joining in but I'm feeling a bit frazzled at the moment.

DS2 is only 9 weeks, but at the moment I can't seem to get him to sleep for longer than 20 mins. Even that is a battle to get him down for. He's gone from me being able to put him down sleepy and him self-settling to needing the full works to get him down.

I'm struggling with managing DS2 and 3 year old DS1 who's feeling a bit neglected. DS2 hates the ergo too.

I know such young babies go through this, but I guess I'm paranoid because DS1 was such a sh1te sleeper! Not sure there's much point to this post really.
    You need never have a point when you post, this is a thread where you can just let it all out . I hope DS2 settles for you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

RastaMouse  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You need never have a point when you post, this is a thread where you can just let it all out . I hope DS2 settles for you.
    I agree totally. Let it rip just like a good fart!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

RastaMouse  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Well what the
    Bloody hell is their plan? Is there a point where they will introduce fluids via a drip?
    - I am feeling your frustration here