+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    SA girl how are you going with the evening dinner bath bed thing while hubby is away? Anyone helping you at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    so my DS is back to decent day sleeps!! That in itself has made me happy! And it started when I stopped doing the SOS feeding routine (I never got to do the sleep part properly as it all turned pear shaped when I changed his feeding routine. I am now back to doing what I did at first and he's sleeping better during the day.

I can't remember if I said this or not but sat and Sunday were very very bad days for me but I rang for a referral for Tresillian and they have put me as a priority due to my PND and D-MER. So that's good, not sure when they can have me there but hopefully not too long a wait.

DS is still waking every 2 hours over night and he just won't settle without a feed and I'm so tired.

Got an email from DH who says he is thinking of us a lot and missing us which was nice, despite all the relaxing and fun he is having!!

Please can we keep this thread supportive! We are all having our tough times and things were going so well!! If anyone wants to give advice, please at least do it with a nice tone! -
    All our little nuggets are so different aren't they! Our feeding routine, although it was working, has gone a bit pear-shaped because he's just so distracted and chatty! I can't get him to feed for the life of me sometimes so I've had to start feeding him in a dark room before naps when he's a bit more wound down and willing. As if my life wasn't restricted enough already, he won't sleep in the pram for ANY sleep so I always have to make sure I'm home and now it's impossible to feed him out and about. That leaves a very small window to get out and do anything! Will be nice when he's down to two naps and can stay awake longer. I wish it was winter here so having to stay inside all the time felt nice and cozy rather than like I'm missing out on something.

On a side note. Check out our new local park and I'm also easy access to h&m so grabbed these cuties for DS. Moving was such a good idea!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404291232.957289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404291247.909412.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (02-07-2014),VicPark  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    SA girl how are you going with the evening dinner bath bed thing while hubby is away? Anyone helping you at the moment?
    So far so good, thanks for asking.

I had some home made frozen meals for DS1 so at round 5 I defrost and help him feed himself or dad has fed him a few times. One of us also holds DS2 as that's when he starts to get cranky.

6pm I take ds2 to feed him and put him in bed, and then dad watches DS1 - either he watches tv (kids shows) or just plays with his toys. Dad has bathed him twice for me (including tonight) and then I've just dried and dressed him and put him to bed

Last night I asked dad to make a salad... Haha he asked me how... I told him not to be ridiculous and just do it!!! He refused so I told him he has a choice - either make a salad or do the dishes... hahaha. He surprisingly chose the dishes!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (02-07-2014),VicPark  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    All our little nuggets are so different aren't they! Our feeding routine, although it was working, has gone a bit pear-shaped because he's just so distracted and chatty! I can't get him to feed for the life of me sometimes so I've had to start feeding him in a dark room before naps when he's a bit more wound down and willing. As if my life wasn't restricted enough already, he won't sleep in the pram for ANY sleep so I always have to make sure I'm home and now it's impossible to feed him out and about. That leaves a very small window to get out and do anything! Will be nice when he's down to two naps and can stay awake longer. I wish it was winter here so having to stay inside all the time felt nice and cozy rather than like I'm missing out on something.

On a side note. Check out our new local park and I'm also easy access to h&m so grabbed these cuties for DS. Moving was such a good idea!
    Attachment 57276
    Attachment 57277
    That looks so nice! Where about are you?

I love h&m but their clothes never fit me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    Is there another paed you can see? DS1 also had cmpi, severe reflux and a feeding aversion so I feel your pain and can remember only too well what we went through to get him the right help.

Also from another thread I think you might have tried a few different formulas? DS only really started settling when he was put on Neocate. It smells and tastes foul so he didn't like it initially. Within 2-3 weeks he was a new baby.
    His happy and playing and sleeping ok but just won't drink his bottles he did take to solids tonight for the first time

Btw I like this thread its been supportive and helpful so far

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    SAgirl have you tried plonking the baby in front of night garden during his grumpy time? My DD2 adores it. Yeah it's not going to win me parent of the year but she's happy and my arms are free.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    SAgirl have you tried plonking the baby in front of night garden during his grumpy time? My DD2 adores it. Yeah it's not going to win me parent of the year but she's happy and my arms are free.
    Haha! Night Garden is baby crack! I can't believe how entranced they get with it! Haven't tried it with DS yet but any child I've nannied for has been obsessed with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    His happy and playing and sleeping ok but just won't drink his bottles he did take to solids tonight for the first time

Btw I like this thread its been supportive and helpful so far

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3
    That's a win! Your poor little guy (and you!). Must be so worrying not getting him to be able to eat/drink enough.

Any progress at the hospital today? We're you back because of his virus or because of his feeding/reflux/cmpi issues?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    That looks so nice! Where about are you?

I love h&m but their clothes never fit me
    Southwest London (moved to London in October for DH's job). We were northwest because we had friends up there but had major issues with our apartment and annoying neighbors so moved down this way, it's a bit calmer and quieter and the properties are bigger so you get more for the same money. The last area was 'up and coming,' so trendy and cool but also a little dodgey. Those areas are great for new restaurants and shops but a little annoying once you have a baby and want everything to be a bit calmer and more organized! (At least for me!) This area is a little more 'boring' but there's heaps of young families and our neighbors are more like-minded so I'm loving it so far. Can't wait to use that little water area! DS will have a blast! My anxiety is already starting to ease enough to where I think I may not need meds anymore, amazing that our living situation was affecting me that much!

I miss Melbourne SO MUCH though! It's funny, it took me a couple years to like it enough where I stopped hounding DH about moving back to the States and now it's the place I'd rather live out of anywhere. Except maybe San Francisco, I'd love to live in San Fran.

There's an h&m in Melbourne now I hear.