+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well my DS went through the 4 month sleep regression relatively ok (2-3 night wakings for a week or so at about 14 weeks then returned to 1 night wakings, even doing a couple of 7:00pm-6am stints).

But now at 18 weeks, just in the last few nights it has gone up the crapper.. Bed 7pm, wake midnight (feed), wake 3am (resettle), stir after each following sleep cycle then wake 6am. Add to that my toddler waking 1-2 times a night with a wet nappy and f@rk...

I wonder what the cause is:
    a) I have been slack letting bub fall asleep on the boob at the evening feed (always make sure he's awake when I out him down though).
    b) failed 10pm dreamfeeds disturbing bubs sleep patterns
    c) teething
    d) growth spurt
    e) hunger... Ready for solids?
    F) I am having one 1/2 strength coffee per day

The process of elimination starts...
    Or maybe SOS doesn't suit your bub? Just feed him.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Or maybe SOS doesn't suit your bub? Just feed him.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    What the? Are you trying to insinuate that you know to what extent I am being flexible or not with a routine you knowingly dislike? That I don't feed my baby when he cries? Or that feeding him will resolve all his sleep issues? - on second though don't bother answering I know exactly what you were trying to do
    - I just think it's a pity you used this nice supportive thread to do it. Please move on thanks!
    Last edited by VicPark; 02-07-2014 at 15:27.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-07-2014),HollyGolightly81  (02-07-2014),LaDiDah  (02-07-2014),SAgirl  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LiterallyNoOne I hope you get some answers soon. Some sleep schools have a paediatrician attached so if there's anything physically wrong with them they can deal with it.

SAgirl sounds like you're doing great without your DH. My DD is finally started to do more than cat naps during the day. It's so exciting! I forget she's there when she lasts more than an hour.

Good luck vic park finding what's causing the wake ups. I changed a heap of stuff at once now I don't know what's worked and what's coincidental!

My DD has improved so much. Only one wake up last night!! And my toddler has been sleeping great too. Lots of bribery going on there

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (02-07-2014),SAgirl  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Same hospital same problem it won't end until the send us somewhere that knows a thing or 2 about cmpi gord and feeding aversions.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What the? Are you trying to insinuate that you know to what extent I am being flexible or not with a routine you knowingly dislike? That I don't feed my baby when he cries? Or that feeding him will resolve all his sleep issues? - on second though don't bother answering I know exactly what you were trying to do
    - I just think it's a pity you used this nice supportive thread to do it. Please move on thanks!
    Suit yourself. I was trying to be helpful. Not all babies respond to the same method the same way. I was just offering the theory that maybe SOS doesn't suit your bubs temperament. You didn't list it. And as you are aware my response to all cries under 12mths is boob.

I may dislike SOS but I certainly don't dislike your son.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sooooo I just got asked by the paeds what I want for my baby....
    My reply was simple I want to go back to the day he was born because that was the one and onky day he wasn't in pain. Seriously what a stupid question!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-07-2014),HollyGolightly81  (02-07-2014),VicPark  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well my DS went through the 4 month sleep regression relatively ok (2-3 night wakings for a week or so at about 14 weeks then returned to 1 night wakings, even doing a couple of 7:00pm-6am stints).

But now at 18 weeks, just in the last few nights it has gone up the crapper.. Bed 7pm, wake midnight (feed), wake 3am (resettle), stir after each following sleep cycle then wake 6am. Add to that my toddler waking 1-2 times a night with a wet nappy and f@rk...

I wonder what the cause is:
    a) I have been slack letting bub fall asleep on the boob at the evening feed (always make sure he's awake when I out him down though).
    b) failed 10pm dreamfeeds disturbing bubs sleep patterns
    c) teething
    d) growth spurt
    e) hunger... Ready for solids?
    F) I am having one 1/2 strength coffee per day

The process of elimination starts...
    Still need to read the rest of your posts but maybe the 14 week sleep issues were really from his 12 week wonder week and now you're in the 4 month sleep regression?

But dream feeds totally messed my bub up. I get tempted to try them again but then remember! I think they can also reach an age where dream feeds don't work anymore. I'll find the article on the babysleepsite I'm thinking about.

But my baby wakes around midnight and 4 to eat. And is in a light sleep from about 5-6.30 then another deep sleep cycle until about 7.15. Apparently a light sleep is really normal in the early morning (again I'll find the babysleepsite article regarding this). But also waking 1-3 times to eat is considered normal as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Let's not get in an SOS debate please. We're all just doing the best we can and I'm sure VP knows if her DS needs to be fed or not. Typically if my DS wakes outside of a time he's normally been feeding I try to resettle before offering to feed him. I think that's pretty normal to see if they just need a hand rested on them or something first.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (02-07-2014),SAgirl  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Sooooo I just got asked by the paeds what I want for my baby....
    My reply was simple I want to go back to the day he was born because that was the one and onky day he wasn't in pain. Seriously what a stupid question!

Is there another paed you can see? DS1 also had cmpi, severe reflux and a feeding aversion so I feel your pain and can remember only too well what we went through to get him the right help.

Also from another thread I think you might have tried a few different formulas? DS only really started settling when he was put on Neocate. It smells and tastes foul so he didn't like it initially. Within 2-3 weeks he was a new baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so my DS is back to decent day sleeps!! That in itself has made me happy! And it started when I stopped doing the SOS feeding routine (I never got to do the sleep part properly as it all turned pear shaped when I changed his feeding routine. I am now back to doing what I did at first and he's sleeping better during the day.

I can't remember if I said this or not but sat and Sunday were very very bad days for me but I rang for a referral for Tresillian and they have put me as a priority due to my PND and D-MER. So that's good, not sure when they can have me there but hopefully not too long a wait.

DS is still waking every 2 hours over night and he just won't settle without a feed and I'm so tired.

Got an email from DH who says he is thinking of us a lot and missing us which was nice, despite all the relaxing and fun he is having!!

Please can we keep this thread supportive! We are all having our tough times and things were going so well!! If anyone wants to give advice, please at least do it with a nice tone! -

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-07-2014),HollyGolightly81  (02-07-2014),VicPark  (02-07-2014)