Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hey holly and SA girl.... Im
    Not saying this to be hoighty..... But to give hope....Last night my DS2 slept from 7:15pm-6:15am! And he literally woke up and was all of a sudden firmly able to grasp things with his hands.... And my boobs got a bit hard today...

Which leads me to the conclusion bub has been going through a growth spurt, needing extra milk ... To fund a development phase .

- as it turns out ds1 woke instead last night so it wasn't a clean sleep. I won't be so cocky as to expect a repeat performance from ds2 tonight.
    Also this mine was having a wonder week and a growth spurt too!!!! So was wanting more food where as I usually have feeding issues he fed well at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I could cry . He was difficult getting to sleep, woke after first sleep cycle. Then 9, 11.30, 1 (but I was able to keep him asleep until 4 to feed--but I didn't really sleep, had to keep my arm him to keep him asleep because he was jerking all over the shop). Then DH resettled at 5 and 6 and he woke at 6.30.

I feel like I'm dying....

I know he's going through some big changes, whether he's swaddled or not his body is jerking everywhere when he's trying to sleep, he's chatting in his sleep, etc. He's been grasping things for a week or so so must be working on some other new talent!

So hard not to try formula....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I could cry . He was difficult getting to sleep, woke after first sleep cycle. Then 9, 11.30, 1 (but I was able to keep him asleep until 4 to feed--but I didn't really sleep, had to keep my arm him to keep him asleep because he was jerking all over the shop). Then DH resettled at 5 and 6 and he woke at 6.30.

I know he's going through some big changes, whether he's swaddled or not his body is jerking everywhere when he's trying to sleep, he's chatting in his sleep, etc. He's been grasping things for a week or so so must be working on some other new talent!

My DS was the same I hope for your sake it passes ASAP. I don't know your baby but if I had the chance to breast feed I would love that. Maybe if you can hold off on introducing formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post

See my post above about waking every 40 minutes? That's a formula baby. But if you want to try go ahead. Maybe try solids too?

It will pass. You will sleep again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    See my post above about waking every 40 minutes? That's a formula baby. But if you want to try go ahead. Maybe try solids too?

It will pass. You will sleep again.
    Thanks! I am in that stage where I feel as though I'll never again know what it feels like to feel well rested and not like I would kill for a full nights sleep...even just 4-6 hours in a row I feel would make such a difference.

I'm so unsure about how I feel about formula, I carry massive guilt. That said I did just try a little after a full breastfeed and he had 50mls...
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 06-06-2014 at 01:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do whatever you need to do to get through. If that involves a formula top up, do it. For me it involves living on sugar to get through the day. I'm a solo mum with a toddler too so come 7am that's it for the day. No more sleep for me till night time and it breaks my heart. But I just keep doing what I'm doing knowing she won't wake up like this forever. Onto the third wake up tonight, thinking I fed her too much solids today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay. We are back to ****ty sleeping.

Just in time as I have a majorly sore throat. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Oh yay. We are back to ****ty sleeping.

Just in time as I have a majorly sore throat. Thanks.
    I feel ya, I had a fever the night before last, nice.

What's he doing tonight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Do whatever you need to do to get through. If that involves a formula top up, do it. For me it involves living on sugar to get through the day. I'm a solo mum with a toddler too so come 7am that's it for the day. No more sleep for me till night time and it breaks my heart. But I just keep doing what I'm doing knowing she won't wake up like this forever. Onto the third wake up tonight, thinking I fed her too much solids today.
    I may try a top up tonight before bed and see how he goes.

People keep telling me to do a formula dream feed, that 'all' their babies slept through when they introduced it. I may start a separate thread to see how many believe it's true or not. But if it's developmental it probably won't work, his little body will be doing it's thing formula or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, the past 2 weeks make soo much sense now. My DS is almost 4 mths and his daytime naps are suddenly crap - won't go down unless he's in my arms, even then he barely sleeps, then screams all evening from being overtired! And wants to eat for 2+ hours at a time, sometimes with only an hour between. Then at night he is really unsettled, wants to be rocked to sleep then wakes as soon as you put him down and you have to start all over again, so you end up sitting there all night. Only thing I've found to help is co sleeping from 1am which is when he's at his worst. Not for everyone but it's working a little and I am too tired to care