+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    DH has surprised me the past few days. I think because he realises I'm close to breaking point and I've been talking to my mum etc ( but didn't tell DH about my thoughts of death etc as I didn't think he would take notice / care) anyway mum ended up telling him and he has been really worried about me.

He told me today that he's not even looking forward to his trip and wishes he wasn't going because he's worried I'm going to hurt myself. He's rung his parents to tell them to come and help me and check up on me etc.

That in itself made me feel slightly better and showed me he still does care.
    How much $ would he lose if he didn't go on the trip? Hopefully his parents will be more of a help than a hindrance (like my mil would be). Vent on here if you need to xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Recently I did a couple of interstate trips travelling on my own with my 2yo and 6mo. My sister said ASK FOR HELP. I thought it was stupid advice at the time as of course I would ask for help when I needed it. But when I was travelling her words rang in my head and I asked for help not when NEEDED but WANTED. Yes I can juggle DD2 while I help DD1 to the toilet. Or I can buzz the flight attendant and ask her for help. Or ask someone to pick something up for me when I'm wearing DD2. People wanted to help. Twice people carried DD1 down the plane steps without me even asking. They got a nasty shock as she's much heavier than she looks!

So just ask for help. Have a friend around for dinner and get her to bath the kids while you cook dinner. I sometimes hire a carer from DD1s child care to come play with the kids while I catch up on housework. With DD2 playing up with sleep my sister drove to my place two weekend in a row to stay to help me catch up on sleep. She has 2 kids and lives 3 hrs drive away. It's not in our nature to accept help but people like helping.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-06-2014),Funnels  (28-06-2014),HollyGolightly81  (27-06-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-06-2014),VicPark  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    DH has surprised me the past few days. I think because he realises I'm close to breaking point and I've been talking to my mum etc ( but didn't tell DH about my thoughts of death etc as I didn't think he would take notice / care) anyway mum ended up telling him and he has been really worried about me.

He told me today that he's not even looking forward to his trip and wishes he wasn't going because he's worried I'm going to hurt myself. He's rung his parents to tell them to come and help me and check up on me etc.

That in itself made me feel slightly better and showed me he still does care.
    I bet he feela terrible and scared right now he obviously wasn't thinking when he booked this. At least you know he loves and cares for you and hopefully the next 2 weeks fly by. How's your little one going?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, yes he doesn't feel so great about his trip anymore. I am sad about that in a way as despite him being an *** sometimes, when he shows me he cares etc then he really means it and he is a good person, he just loses his way in his selfishness sometimes. Also TBH id rather him enjoy it, than not, as I don't want him going again. Well not without us! Or such short notice.
    @VicPark - he would lose all the money he paid which unfortunately was about $3500!!!

Ridiculous!!!

Anyway, too late now, he's either there already or almost there. But I wouldn't want him to have cancelled anyway as it would just cause more resentment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go last night SAgirl and everyone else?

I only had one get up! She was soooo settled, I think the reflux meds might be helping touch wood.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 woke once before I went to bed asking for daddy, DS2 woke 5 times and wanted to be fed every time

But he didn't sleep with a dummy half the night AND he didn't wake every hour from 3/4am as he normally does, so that was a little better.

That 2nd tooth is finally through properly!! So maybe that's why he was a boy more settled? He also woke at 7am and didn't cry and also didn't cry in the night which was a nice change.

Hopefully we are on the up? But I don't want to get my hopes up.

I managed to get him fed at 7am this morning so I am going to try put him down at 9 as per SOS and not use dummy but I don't think if that's going to work... We will see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS spent last night in hospital his not well up all night so no sleep that was 5th night in a roe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    DS spent last night in hospital his not well up all night so no sleep that was 5th night in a roe
    Oh no! What have they said is wrong with him?

I hope you're all doing ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Shame poor little man. Do they know what's wrong yet?

DS just cannot self settle after the first sleep cycle of 30-40 mins yesterday he hardly slept and was completely exhausted by 5pm

I'm trying to do SOS but it's near impossible with him I just don't know what to do. He just won't sleep!!

He wakes up crying and then if I leave him he ends up screaming. I can't even have a rest when he does anymore as he just doesn't rest WHY!!???!!?

It's not his teeth, those are through already. Ever since this stupid 4 month sleep regression he has forgotten how to self settle I'm over it. I'm sick of it

Dad is here but no help at all so far I knew this would happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like my DS when he isnt sick...... yeah some weird virus going around town affecting only young babies and toddlers