+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So DH is on his way to the airport as I type this 2 weeks with both kids on my own. Don't know how I'm going to do it!

Hats off to the mummy's with FIFO husbands and single mummy's!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    So DH is on his way to the airport as I type this 2 weeks with both kids on my own. Don't know how I'm going to do it!

You might almost find it easier. When you know no help is coming you just work it out yourself, and you're also ore organised. You will also be less angry because you're not doing all the work while someone slacks off (though your hubby is slacking off but you alreafy know that)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I find bedtimes far easier without dh around. It will be fine. Just find your groove.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Problem is the while I put DS2 to bed, DH normally baths DS1 and gets him ready for bed. Then I just go in and say goodnight, but with DS2 being so unsettled and DS1 constantly coming Into the room while I'm trying to put him to sleep, it's just a bit hard on my own

I'm not even bathing DS1 tonight as it's just too hard as DS2 keeps waking up and I won't hear him cry if I'm in the bathroom.

I have ONE wish and that is that both boys start to sleep better for me and stay that way for a long time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You might almost find it easier. When you know no help is coming you just work it out yourself, and you're also ore organised. You will also be less angry because you're not doing all the work while someone slacks off (though your hubby is slacking off but you alreafy know that)
    True... I find it easier to get things done when it's just me and the kids during the week. I think in anticipation of it being too much work I get super organised. When hubby is at home on the weekend the house is messier, organisation goes up the crapper and nothing seems to get done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Problem is the while I put DS2 to bed, DH normally baths DS1 and gets him ready for bed. Then I just go in and say goodnight, but with DS2 being so unsettled and DS1 constantly coming Into the room while I'm trying to put him to sleep, it's just a bit hard on my own

I'm not even bathing DS1 tonight as it's just too hard as DS2 keeps waking up and I won't hear him cry if I'm in the bathroom.

I have ONE wish and that is that both boys start to sleep better for me and stay that way for a long time
    Can you bath ds1 earlier, say when ds2 is having a late afternoon nap? The. When ds2 needs a feed in a quiet environment but ds1 in front of the TV with a DVD or show on...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    SAgirl I bath both girls together at whatever time works, ranging from 5-7. It's often a shower as it's easier. I hop out with DD2 (I hold her), leave DD1 playing in there while I get DD2 dressed. Then pull DD1 out and get her dressed.

We watch a couple of Peppa Pigs together then I put DD1 in her bed with DD2 next to her. I sing sings and read books then they have a cuddle and I go out. Sometimes have to talk to DD1 over the monitor. Then I give DD2 a bottle while watching 90210 I taped earlier and put her into bed.

Then it's clean up time and bed for me. I've introduced a rule where I have to be in bed with no phone playing after 9.30. It's hard when they both wake up during the night. Some nights I've had to put DD1 into my bed while I deal with DD2. Sometimes I can just explain to DD1 I need to go to DD2 and will come back soon. Mostly I use the lullaby option on my monitor if DD1 wakes while I'm tending DD2. She loves them but it only goes for 5 minutes so I have to be on it to push it again.

Do whatever bad habits you have to do to get through. You can break bad habits later.

Tomorrow if you're tired when you put the baby down for a nap be prepared and have your phone or iPad charged up ready to go with snack and drinks and pop your toddler in bed next to you for quiet time and see if you can grab a quick nap. Sometimes just 5 minutes (which is usually all I get before DD1 talks!) can make the evening much easier to cope with.

Set the bar low. Cook in bulk and make frozen meals for DS1 so you just have to warm up his food. Or use baked beans .

I have no doubt you will find it easier 80% of the time. The remaining 20% sucks but those moments pass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest SAgirl if I was your DH I would have been scared to go away in case you cope fine and realise you don't need him...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH has surprised me the past few days. I think because he realises I'm close to breaking point and I've been talking to my mum etc ( but didn't tell DH about my thoughts of death etc as I didn't think he would take notice / care) anyway mum ended up telling him and he has been really worried about me.

He told me today that he's not even looking forward to his trip and wishes he wasn't going because he's worried I'm going to hurt myself. He's rung his parents to tell them to come and help me and check up on me etc.

That in itself made me feel slightly better and showed me he still does care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're here for you too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (28-06-2014)