+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Probably

I just want to cry. I really wish I was dead sometimes. I just cannot cope with two kids. I'm tired and things seem to be getting much harder, not easier
    Oh Hun
    How about that daycare plan for your first born a few days a week? I love my recharge time when my toddler is in daycare..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm reading save out sleep at the moment, in only on page 100 if that. I also have 'the no cry sleep solution' which I want to read.

I was going to start tizzys schedule this morning but was so tired that when I got the opportunity to sleep till 8am this morning I took it.

I can start tomorrow as ds1 is actually already at daycare on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I was saying to DH last night that i DREAD night time, I hate it. I used to look forward to nights so I could sleep, even when DS 2 was born as he was always such a great sleeper until recently

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

I was saying to DH last night that i DREAD night time, I hate it. I used to look forward to nights so I could sleep, even when DS 2 was born as he was always such a great sleeper until recently
    I've felt like this a lot in the past. Night time doesn't mean rest, it means keep dragging yourself up from a deep sleep to see to a baby, as much as hourly, and feeling alone as the house is dark and quiet, with DH sleeping. It's 24/7, there is no real break. I'm still up around 3 times a night now but it's gradually got easier as she's resettling quicker. The worse bit is getting out of bed, it's horrible, but I gradually wake up as I feed her. I try to take the opportunity to kiss her head, cuddle her close and remind myself I'm all she needs right now. Many other times I've been upset, angry and over it. But it passes. And it will pass for you too in time. Just do what you need to get through the hard days. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies, but we had massive issues with our DD when she turned 4 months.

I went to my CHN who recommended 'Your Sleepless Baby' by Rowena BENNETT. Apparently the author used to work at Ellen Barron sleep school and she explains the 4 month sleep regression as your bub becoming more aware of his/her surroundings and becoming dependant on the sleep cues he or she has been using to get to sleep.

This book encourages removal of 'negative' sleep cues (rocking, patting etc) as babies wake once they are gone and need it back to go back to sleep. This was certainly happening with mine - I would shush and pat her to sleep and she would wake up a few minutes later crying. It would take me hours to get her to sleep!!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, this book changed life for us completely. If you get a chance, have a look at the reviews on Amazon - almost all positive. For $10 for an e-book, you've got nothing to lose.

Sorry, I promise I have no link to the author ! I just rave about this book whenever I can!!

Good luck

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gizmo For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (23-06-2014),SAgirl  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies, but we had massive issues with our DD when she turned 4 months.

I went to my CHN who recommended 'Your Sleepless Baby' by Rowena BENNETT. Apparently the author used to work at Ellen Barron sleep school and she explains the 4 month sleep regression as your bub becoming more aware of his/her surroundings and becoming dependant on the sleep cues he or she has been using to get to sleep.

This book encourages removal of 'negative' sleep cues (rocking, patting etc) as babies wake once they are gone and need it back to go back to sleep. This was certainly happening with mine - I would shush and pat her to sleep and she would wake up a few minutes later crying. It would take me hours to get her to sleep!!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, this book changed life for us completely. If you get a chance, have a look at the reviews on Amazon - almost all positive. For $10 for an e-book, you've got nothing to lose.

Sorry, I promise I have no link to the author ! I just rave about this book whenever I can!!

Good luck
    Worth a go!! My ds took ages to get to sleep tonight he always needs rocking patting and shushing when ever he wakes. In his defence he usually goes off nicely for the first part of the night but dp was playing on our bed with him and dd and dd distracted him for no more than a second and ds fell off the bed so I took him to emergency his fine but it knocked his bedtime routine around this arvo

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm reading save out sleep at the moment, in only on page 100 if that. I also have 'the no cry sleep solution' which I want to read.

I was going to start tizzys schedule this morning but was so tired that when I got the opportunity to sleep till 8am this morning I took it.

I can start tomorrow as ds1 is actually already at daycare on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

That book was my bible! I taught DD the routine from 2 weeks old and by 12 weeks she was sleeping right through. Then the 4 month regression hit and its like she forgot how to fall asleep and stay asleep! It does pass. I know it's sucky when people say that, but it really will pass. DD is 13 months now and her sleep has changed a few times thanks to teething and a bout of night time separation anxiety. Unfortunately you just have to ride it out. Huge hugs xx

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post

Good luck
    This (the removal of negative sleep aids) sounds very similar to the Save our Sleep book. Must be something in it! (Removing the sleep aids that is).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Admitting you are considering SOS can be political suicide here on BH so if you have any questions or if anything doesn't make sense feel free to PM me. It has helped my bub get through the 4 month sleep regression (after about 2? Weeks if hell).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Admitting you are considering SOS can be political suicide here on BH so if you have any questions or if anything doesn't make sense feel free to PM me. It has helped my bub get through the 4 month sleep regression (after about 2? Weeks if hell).
    Thanks

You know what, I started a thread here a while ago about this book asking opinions as I hadn't read it yet, anyway to be honest I haven't finished reading it, still getting there but I have no idea what the huge fuss is about...

A lot of my friends told me I would hate it and it was cruel etc but I really wonder if they even read it? I don't think anything she has written so far is bad at all.. And I consider myself kinda like an 'attachment parent'

I haven't read anywhere where she says to put too many blankets on or something about swaddling a baby in a car seat - I wouldn't do that, ever, but her book (so far) hasn't said anything that stupid...

I also heard something about keeping babies awake for long periods... Well I don't see anything about that either, or cry it out...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (25-06-2014),VicPark  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ideas? Something seems to be bothering DS the last 3 nights he hasnt slept at all and screams murder!!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app