+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

We had a shocker of a night last night. We moved Ds1 from his bassinet to cot, but still in our room and he was so unsettled last night. From 1 till 3:45 this morning he just would not sleep and cried most of that time. We thought it would help putting him in the cot as he has outgrown the bassinet and he would keep hitting the sides.

This morning, he fell asleep okay in the cot but then woke up 40 minutes later, could see he was still tired, but he just would not settle.

Ds1 is also almost 3 and he has been extremely hyper this morning (cabin fever) so feeling very drained!! Vent over!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no, that sucks! I still have DS in the bassinet as I bought a bigger rocking one, I wonder what is the best time to move him to a cot... I don't want it to be hard! Haha

He is also still in our room which is convenient on these freezing cold nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read all the replies so sorry if I am rehashing something but have you tried a little bed inside the cot. Google snuggle beds to see what I am talking about but there are many different kinds. It might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Mmm I don't know if this is coincidence or what, but I used a 'wrap me up' or 'love to dream' swaddle last night - I had been using ergo cocoon and woombies.

Anyway he seemed to have been more settled, when he woke I put the dummy back in and he wasn't squirming round as much as in the ergo and woombie. Maybe coz his arms were up?

He still woke for 3 feeds though. But he also slept through till 8!! So did I thanks to DH. I fed him both boobs at 5 or so though, I normally only do 1.
    My ds needed his arms up too. The love to dream was great.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm here's something new... Every time I've tried to put DS down for his sleeps today hrs cried hysterically I haven't changed anything apart from the wrap but I've now reverted back to the ergo in case that's what's upsetting him nd he's still cried

He's currently sleeping next to me on the bed.

He does have a bit of a runny nose and DS1 has been sick so maybe DS2 has picked it up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome. Awake after 20 mins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Awesome. Awake after 20 mins
    Oh no ! Perhaps the new swaddle screwed with bub and then by the time you went back to the original swaddle bub was over tired?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh no ! Perhaps the new swaddle screwed with bub and then by the time you went back to the original swaddle bub was over tired?
    Probably

I just want to cry. I really wish I was dead sometimes. I just cannot cope with two kids. I'm tired and things seem to be getting much harder, not easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Probably

I just want to cry. I really wish I was dead sometimes. I just cannot cope with two kids. I'm tired and things seem to be getting much harder, not easier
    Here if you need to talk I feel the same a lot lately and my DS won't sleep anywhere but on me on the couch during the day even then he only sleeps 20-40 mins I even let him cry from 2.30-3am this morning ans he still wouldnt self settle he has never learnt how to

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    That sucks! I remember it well! Can I make a suggestion? When bubs cry hysterically like that and doesn't then sleep long, it sounds like a 'schedule' issue. Mot that you have to have a schedule as such, but bub could be either over tired, or not tired enough.

If you don't want to follow a schedule from a book, maybe look at the tresillian website, or even keep a log of when he feeds, when he actually falls asleep (not when you start to settle and when he wakes.

I also started waking at the same time every morning about 4 months old with DD so we could re-set her body clock, which we wouldn't have dreamed of doing before the 4 month regression. But sleep cycles really are the key to getting back on track after the 4 month sleep regression.