+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dale78 View Post
    Hi, hope you do not mind me gate crashing this thread,
    No not at all , the more the merrier.

My DS is still a bit hit and miss at night, he has his 2nd tooth coming through so think that's bugging him a bit, I do think that his day sleeps have got better though, well the past few days have been better.

Last night he woke 4 times but they were spaced out enough that i had to feed him.

I think he woke 10:30pm, 3am, 5:30am
    Mmm okay maybe he only woke 3 times? I'm so tired I forget and get confused...

I did give him Panadol before bed though for his teeth

One thing I'm curious about - he seems to be turning his head downwards a lot lately....

So eg if he's sitting in his car seat capsule, he pulls his head forwards and downwards as if he's straining to sit up, if and when he does this while sitting on my lap, I lift him to stand but he hangs his head down... He just won't lift his head!!

It's only been the past few days... Is that normal? It seems as if he is almost too tired to lift his head up, but he has the strength as it's quite difficult for him to do it whilst in his car seat... Iykwim

He isn't rolling yet either and still not fantastic at tummy time

Is that something I should worry about?

He's 4.5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Some babies dont roll until 6 months but if he cant hold himself up on his elbows at tummy time talk to your mchn..... we are still having bad nights I am using an ergo sleeping bad as DS was wiggling under the blankets I just tuck a tight sheet over him for more security

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    No not at all , the more the merrier.

My DS is still a bit hit and miss at night, he has his 2nd tooth coming through so think that's bugging him a bit, I do think that his day sleeps have got better though, well the past few days have been better.

Last night he woke 4 times but they were spaced out enough that i had to feed him.

I think he woke 10:30pm, 3am, 5:30am
    Mmm okay maybe he only woke 3 times? I'm so tired I forget and get confused...

I did give him Panadol before bed though for his teeth

One thing I'm curious about - he seems to be turning his head downwards a lot lately....

So eg if he's sitting in his car seat capsule, he pulls his head forwards and downwards as if he's straining to sit up, if and when he does this while sitting on my lap, I lift him to stand but he hangs his head down... He just won't lift his head!!

It's only been the past few days... Is that normal? It seems as if he is almost too tired to lift his head up, but he has the strength as it's quite difficult for him to do it whilst in his car seat... Iykwim

He isn't rolling yet either and still not fantastic at tummy time

Is that something I should worry about?

He's 4.5 months
    It's actually says for the 19 week wonder week that they have difficulty holding their head up! We're 19 weeks today and not rolling either, that's normal I think. He does try.

Definitely teething 😔. The past few nights his two wakes ups has gone to three so last night I tried to resettle for one, absolutely lost it. He's never cried in the middle of the night to the point that nothing worked, wouldn't feed or anything. If he's ever cried it's been because I've taken too long to feed him and it stops immediately once he latches. Had to shove Panadol in him and then finally got him to take a bottle of ebm. He's fine this morning but I think I can see six teeth under his gums!!! Took him to the GP yesterday about pulling his ear (just in case) and she definitely felt one tooth and said his gums were hard all the way around. Besides last night he's not fussy though.

He's also started having explosive green poo rather than just diarrhea. I know this can mean too much foremilk but I'm not feeding him any differently. I just feel worried something's going on, but know it's probably just teeth. What do you think?

His naps have slowly been getting better as well, slowly growing out of the catnapping and if he does wake between sleep cycles it's easier to get him back in a deep sleep. So that's good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HGL I reckon it does sound like teeth then, wow 6!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps DS HATES Panadol!! To the point where he cries hysterically, won't latch, gags, spits it out / regurgitates it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Ps DS HATES Panadol!! To the point where he cries hysterically, won't latch, gags, spits it out / regurgitates it

Panadol brand or paracetamol?

Try dymadon, if its Panadol brand as Panadol us cherry flavour - I for one know cherry flavour is quite possibly the most hideous taste in the world.

Dymadon is orange flavour. My DD hated Panadol too but loooves dymadon! She puts the empty syringe to her mouth afterwards trying to get more out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Panadol brand or paracetamol?

Try dymadon, if its Panadol brand as Panadol us cherry flavour - I for one know cherry flavour is quite possibly the most hideous taste in the world.

Dymadon is orange flavour. My DD hated Panadol too but loooves dymadon! She puts the empty syringe to her mouth afterwards trying to get more out.
    Lol it does taste horrible but out of all the different meds my DS has daily jts the only one he swallows without argument

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in uk so it's Calpol not Panadol and I assume tastes equally awful! I may look for an orange flavor as I've had a couple people say their child loves the orange Panadol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the Panadol brand and yes, cherry flavour.

I think it's just because it's such a strong alcoholic taste poor little guy. Why do they have to make it have such a strong taste?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There should be flavor free. Make it taste like water. Or milk!
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 20-06-2014 at 23:34.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (21-06-2014)