Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    3rd night terror from DS1...
    . Was he overtired?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes he was. Didn't sleep at daycare then had to go to FIL for dinner and despite me telling DH I wanted to go home multiple times we only got him to bed after 8:30... His normal bedtime is 7.

He also had a bit of a cough and some green snot so think he's feeling a bit sick as well

It's 2:30am and I've had a total of an hours sleep. Ds2 woke at 2 for his feed. I've been lying here angry at DH for not helping more with DS 1 when he knows how tired I am and I'm just also wide awake.

I just can't win right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    SA girl: if it were me I would refuse to go out late at night to dinner. Your hubby can invite FIL around to your place next time. Do you drive? I would have gone home and left hubby there.

Is hubby at least helping with ds1's wake ups? Unless he is inconvenienced by the kids wake ups he's probably not going to see your side regarding late night outings .
    I hope you get some sleep now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I feel so bad for you. Kick him in the shins and have him take care of ds1 and you handle ds2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Crap night again up 7 times twice for feeds the other 5 for to resettle shouldnt he be doing this alone yet?

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    SA girl: if it were me I would refuse to go out late at night to dinner. Your hubby can invite FIL around to your place next time. Do you drive? I would have gone home and left hubby there.

Is hubby at least helping with ds1's wake ups? Unless he is inconvenienced by the kids wake ups he's probably not going to see your side regarding late night outings .
    I hope you get some sleep now..
    I really wanted to leave and I could have as we both drove there ( DH worked late so had to come in his car ) BUT he parked behind me and I couldn't get out, I could have asked him to move but it would have caused an argument so I just left it as I am not in the mood for more arguments.

He does help with DS1 normally but often makes it worse. Last night he refused to believe DS1 was having night terrors and kept telling me he was acting up for attention but I still believe it's night terrors.

DS1 ALWAYS says he's 'stuck' day and night, I don't know why but it's driving us mad. He lies on the floor and shouts and cries 'I'm stuck I'm stuck' and he's NOT stuck, so in his night terror last night, that's what he was saying and doing, so DH said he was acting out trying to get our attention. So I have no idea now. that's the reason he didn't help out last night. He said I should walk out and ignore him but I just can't do that to him as he was crying and so upset (and throwing a tantrum which is normally how his night terrors are) plus I didn't want him to wake DS2 (but either way whether I'm there or not he still makes a heck of a noise so I guess if it was going to wake DS2 it would have, regardless...)

So i was left to get up to him while DH went back to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the upside, DS only woke at 2 and 4:30 and no up at 7am.

Pity I didn't get to enjoy that as DS1 woke so many times screaming and then I lay awake angry with DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I feel so bad for you. Kick him in the shins and have him take care of ds1 and you handle ds2.
    I agree except kick him in the balls, not shins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, hope you do not mind me gate crashing this thread, but I have a 4 month old ds and his sleeping has deteriorated so much this week. I can empathise so much with what has been written already! I used to have him in a love to dream swaddle at night but he started sacking on his hands so much through the material and then would rub his eyes and cause a rash. I changed to the Halo Sleep sack swaddle which worked well the 1st couple of nights but he now tries to get his hand s up and wakes himself up. I have left his arms out but he is so restless he keeps moving the blankets and I'm worried he will move them over his head.

We used to just rock him gently in his bassinet but I don't know if we have created a permanent sleep association because we have to rock it for a long time to get him to sleep. It can take 30 minutes and now his 1st sleeping in the evening is only 45 minutes and then I have to rock him again.

He used to sleep well during the day but that has also changed. This morning he was awake from 7:30 till 11:30 and no matter what I tried he fought it. He is so tired he has dark circles under his eyes.

So exhausted and feel like I'm doing something wrong. Ds1 is almost 3 and he was a terrible sleeper.

Sent from my SM-P600 using The Bub Hub mobile app