+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD2 is 6.5 months now. I started trying once a week at 4 months but she didn't seem ready. I started going daily at 6 months and that's kind of when everything turned to sh1t! Could still be a coincidence...

They recommend 4 months for solids now. But I think it's really when they are ready, showing an interest and swallowing it fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The UK is very strictly 6 months and the WHO is 6 months as well. The health nurse told me definitely not before 22 weeks. I thought Victoria at least was more towards 6 months? Is it only Tizzie that recommends 4?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    The UK is very strictly 6 months and the WHO is 6 months as well. The health nurse told me definitely not before 22 weeks. I thought Victoria at least was more towards 6 months? Is it only Tizzie that recommends 4?
    Depends on your health nurse, family doctor, paed or who ever else you see. The guidelines via my DS's dietician are 5 1/2 months to 6 1/2 months no earlier no later. But my doctor paed and Mchn said to try now to help with the reflux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tizzy has no qualifications though does she?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've decided the easiest way to get through the day with DS now is to baby wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post

They recommend 4 months for solids now. But I think it's really when they are ready, showing an interest and swallowing it fine.
    I just googled and it said Australia is 6 months. Agree and understand with Literally though that your dr may recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Tizzy has no qualifications though does she?
    Don't think so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm I'm confused

What's the worst part of teething for a baby? Isn't it BEFORE the tooth comes through the gum?

DS tooth is through, well it feels like it is, he hasn't been unsettled at all apart from the night wakings but is easily settled after a quick feed. But today twice he's cried hysterically.

I've never heard him cry so much and I'm worried

His cheeks were a bit red earlier and he has had a bit of dribble but I can't understand why his teeth would be giving him grief when it's already come through? And if it's a 2nd tooth coming that's causing the pain, then why wasn't he this unsettled and upset when the first one came?

I'm also worried as yesterday DS1 head butted him accidentally REALLY hard. DS2 was lying on the couch when DS was standing in front of him and he threw his head back really hard and fast and their heads hit

It was right in DS2's face

He cried a LOT but settled afterwards and he was fine all yesterday and last night. But today seems so unsettled and upset

I was going to take him to hospital yesterday but then he was fine after he stopped crying and then this morning I was going to take hi again as he cried but then we thought it was his teeth hurting and he settled down after some Panadol...

I'm so confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The crying it's obviously just the day for it. My DS is usually sooky but has had a few hysterical episodes today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Mmm I'm confused

What's the worst part of teething for a baby? Isn't it BEFORE the tooth comes through the gum?

DS tooth is through, well it feels like it is, he hasn't been unsettled at all apart from the night wakings but is easily settled after a quick feed. But today twice he's cried hysterically.

I've never heard him cry so much and I'm worried

His cheeks were a bit red earlier and he has had a bit of dribble but I can't understand why his teeth would be giving him grief when it's already come through? And if it's a 2nd tooth coming that's causing the pain, then why wasn't he this unsettled and upset when the first one came?

I'm also worried as yesterday DS1 head butted him accidentally REALLY hard. DS2 was lying on the couch when DS was standing in front of him and he threw his head back really hard and fast and their heads hit

It was right in DS2's face

He cried a LOT but settled afterwards and he was fine all yesterday and last night. But today seems so unsettled and upset

I was going to take him to hospital yesterday but then he was fine after he stopped crying and then this morning I was going to take hi again as he cried but then we thought it was his teeth hurting and he settled down after some Panadol...

I'm so confused
    Poor bubba! Can you ring the health direct line and get their advice on the head injury?