+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Can I add my two bobs? What strikes me about these bubs with many wake ups is that when they wake up each time you try something different each time, which can confuse bub.

I remember reading on the baby sleep site someone referenced in a PP, is that its not the way you settle bub that matters, but that what ever you choose to do, its done consistently.

Has anyone tried using a comforter with your smell on it to give bub comfort when he wakes up and you're not there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Can I add my two bobs? What strikes me about these bubs with many wake ups is that when they wake up each time you try something different each time, which can confuse bub.

I remember reading on the baby sleep site someone referenced in a PP, is that its not the way you settle bub that matters, but that what ever you choose to do, its done consistently.

Has anyone tried using a comforter with your smell on it to give bub comfort when he wakes up and you're not there?
    I understand what you're saying. We have a comforter, it's never helped and don't think it will until he's older and can find it. I've slept with it many times to make it stink of me and he doesn't seem to care.

I feel I'm pretty consistent but what was working isn't anymore so it's trial and error to figure out what will work again. I'm also pretty confident this is all developmental so I think unfortunately it's just a case of riding it out. It's also an issue of what's going to get me the most sleep on a particular night so I need to do what works for me as well, especially during phases like this. I sleep better with him near me but unfortunately we're in a noisey London flat and it's light at 4am so it's trial and error to work around that as well. Last night at his 3am wake up I noticed dawn breaking through the windows when I went to the bathroom at 3.30! Annoying! I've got horrible anxiety right now (psych calling today about meds) so some nights I just need to do what keeps my heart calm because then I'll sleep and that usually means sleeping next to him with him in his own safe sleep space. That's easier in our room because we have a bednest attached to our bed but then we have the issue of light.

We are moving next week to a much quieter place and I'm purchasing more portable black out blinds for our windows! So there will at least be consistency with rooms and neither of us will have to move around so much.

I do try to remind myself that he's only 17 weeks and waking twice a night is to feed is normal. Last week's wakings were horrible but they seem to have passed. It's nice to be able to come on here and chat with other hubbers whose babies are all doing the exact same thing.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 12-06-2014 at 18:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tried a comforter didn't work. Also every time DS is settled it's only ever a pat on the bum and if after 10 minutes it hasn't worked I get him out of the cot and sit in the rocking chair in his room with him once he has dozed off I put him back. He never leaves his room at night. Nothing changes. And still he wakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I see a tooth

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (12-06-2014),VicPark  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I think I see a tooth
    Omg how exciting!!! that's awesome.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't be sure but I think it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok it's official, we have a tooth

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo SAgirl. I hope that fixes things for you. I stopped solids and have had two good nights since I stopped. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or if it's upsetting her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't started solids yet, i was going to start round 5.5 months.

What's the current recommendation? When I had DS1 they said 6 months but I've heard people talking about 4 months lately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Woohoo SAgirl. I hope that fixes things for you. I stopped solids and have had two good nights since I stopped. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or if it's upsetting her.
    I didnt do solids yesterday and onky had to get up 3 times!! So I won't be doing them until 6 months now

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app