+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am getting a second opinion for ds. I am not sure about him going under general anesthetic and seems like a bit too much when he is so young.
    I am cleaning more thoroughly now and limiting sweet snacks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    7.5yo DD is going for her second day surgery visit in 6 months for more work done under a general (she's unlucky, nothing that we did/didn't do!). It definitely pays to get your kids in the habit of going to a dentist half yearly and the earlier they go, the better. Our dentist recommends around 4 years old to start half yearly visits
    If you don't mind sharing what work is she getting done and how did she go the first time? I am really unsure about a general for ds as he is only 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Jontu The first time she had 4 adhesive restorations done, and today she is having a molar extracted, despite it having a restoration done, the root is dying so needs to be removed.

She went absolutely fine the first time around. All procedures have been/will be done under a general (the only time she's had one) and she was superb. I was with her when they put her under, and they came to get me as soon as she woke up. She was very out of it from the general, but after some time sitting around the surgery she was a bit better, she was absolutely fine the next day though

I assume she'll be hit a bit harder this time as the extraction will cause more recovery pain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I'm a terrible parent according to this. My 8 year old is having her second appt ever in a few weeks time, and my other two have never been. I have had my younger two's have their mouth checked over very briefly by a school mum who is a dental hygienist and she said they all looked fine.
    My 8 year old is only having an appt because I have reason for concern, otherwise it still wouldn't be high on my list of priorities. None of them have any fear of the dentist though...I have had monthly appointments for the last 2 years, so they're pretty used to the place now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 went for the first time when he was 5. 2nd appointment was last year (7yo) and he'll be going again in a month or so.

Ds2 will be going for the first time when ds1 has his appointment. Ds2 is 5.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app