+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How many words?

How many words for 13m?

My dd can say and identify
    Cat
    Dog
    Orange (her favorite fruit)
    Mum
    Dad (she has gone from mumma dadda)
    And nanna.
    She can also say A e I o u.

Is this ok? Im worried im not reading enough too her now ds is born.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't worry. Your doing fine.

I used to stress ds was watching too much TV and not getting out enough to play with others and I wasn't spending enough time with him when dd was born and I was tied up caring for a newborn and breast feeding etc.
    But My ds is smart and social and doing brilliant at kindy so it never did him any harm at all.

Let go of the mother guilt. You are doing great and your dd will be just fine xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ds didn't start talking until quite late and dd was early.

Each kid is different. Don't stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't stress too much yet. My DS is 2 and a bit and has only really started taking off with his language. He really only had a handful of words at 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geeze I don't think either of my kids have used real "words" at that age. They both babbled "mama, dada" but it's all used indiscriminately, not to identify people or objects.
    Your babe seems ahead of the bell curve to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is 16 months and can say mum, dad, no...... and that's about it! He can make heaps of animal noises though lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Some kids are later than others, I only have boys, but they have all been quite slow regarding talking. Two are fine now, my youngest is just 3 and he is behind where I would expect, so I'm going to follow it up. I wouldn't worry until well over 2 for a girl though. Sounds as if she is picking up speech quite well, I wouldn't be concerned at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was a talking machine from early on (as a now 4yo I'm sure she breathes thru her ears as the mouth doesn't stop).
    Whereas DS who is 17mo can still only say 3 or 4 words, and I'm loving it! He communicates fine in his own way and understands everything - ie will put things in the bin or washing machine when asked. Will get socks when I ask him. He points to body parts "where is nose, toes etc).
    I'm pretty sure at DDs 18mo check speech was mentioned, I'll enquire at his check next month.

Your DD seems to be doing great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think "they" say there should be 1-5 words at 12mths and 5-10 at 18mths. That's what our MCH nurse mentioned to me.

That being said, I agree with the others that they all develop differently. My DD was a slow starter due to hearing issues while DS is 18mths and doesnt stop talking.

I definitely wouldn't be concerned about your little one. Sounds like she is doing great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS3 has just turned 1 and he only says mum, bub, and brrroom (car noise) when he's driving his cars.

He's not a big talker, but was very ahead with his physical development, talking's just taking a bit longer. I'm not worried