+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Used to be AM but it was too short for tagging, so I had to change it.
    I wondered why you changed it

I've been here a few years, but mostly read along outside the ivf pages. Barely been here the last year or so, think it's time for a change. Goodbye katherinelouise, hello Rutabaga!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I was going to change mine because it was basically the same as yours! Then you (Moosie) disappeared! This explains a lot! I think you were here first...sorry about that xx
    No need to apologise

I was pretty invisible at the time and figured I had nothing to lose by changing my name. It's all good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure I want to disclose who I was, I felt really bullied and misunderstood. So that's all I'll say about that. I'd like to change my name soon though as I have a little boy on the way and my DDs name is Alice, so it will be unfair to belly bub to keep my current name. Is there anyway it can be changed but so people still know I'm Allie Pallie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No change in name here. Had this online alias since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I'm not sure I want to disclose who I was, I felt really bullied and misunderstood. So that's all I'll say about that. I'd like to change my name soon though as I have a little boy on the way and my DDs name is Alice, so it will be unfair to belly bub to keep my current name. Is there anyway it can be changed but so people still know I'm Allie Pallie?
    You could always put "Allie Pallie" in your signature.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 05-06-2014 at 10:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    That's interesting. I gather you haven't had the same experience since you changed your name? So do you think people do tend to form a view and it makes it hard to move past that? Or have you changed too?

Sorry not being nosy just genuinely interested given the threads over the past few days.

Ps I hope I didn't give you a hard time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had to re-register because i couldn't remember my password and the website kept having a hissy fit when i tried to recover it. This account is the first one I had, then i re-registered as Jaytee after my daughter was born, but then i forgot my login and wound up back on here as Jussi lol. So yeah, I have two accounts, but the Jaytee one just has a snapshot of a few months lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That's interesting. I gather you haven't had the same experience since you changed your name? So do you think people do tend to form a view and it makes it hard to move past that? Or have you changed too?

Sorry not being nosy just genuinely interested given the threads over the past few days.

Ps I hope I didn't give you a hard time.

I no longer feel bullied nor misunderstood, but mainly because I always try to verbalise that I believe in a do what works best for you and your family approach, but I do have my own views on certain parenting issues still, but I find they're taken much better now because of my new approach to posting.

So I guess I've changed the way I write more so than me changing who I am or what I believe (though more recently I have gained a new perspective on a few issues I really didn't know enough about to form an opinion on)

I think I would also get defensive and then state my point more intently which probably made things worse, whereas I know when to give up now.

Though there was a religion thread where I was completely bullied in, had words put in my mouth etc, so again there's people I'm wary of this time around too.

Don't worry, no you didn't give me a hard time. There was one member in particular who did last time (was very antagonistic) but I noticed she's now no longer here (or has changed her name too).

There are still a few members here still I remember were 'culprits' so to speak but I know to avoid posting in threads they are heavily involved in, so I do hold my tongue.

Sorry for the novel....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    That's me too ^^^, a mess when I joined, and my name isn't Rita either lol. I won't even say who I was initially because I was a right weirdo When I began to feel better I wanted to leave the weirdo behind so I became MrsTiggyWinkle. Then I felt better again and decided I needed something less mumsy and more attitud-ey so Gothel I am
    This is me. I am not sharing my user name whilst I was in the midst of PND Prior to this though I was BB85- BB for Big B00Bs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Same username for me. I want to change it but just not creative enough to think of one

♥me & him = ds 17/9/2013♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be Chickpea. I closed that account and started a new one when I had two people IRL message me on FB and ask if I was Chickpea on BH.

So I decided on a fresh start! Now I have revealed myself lol. I just like privacy on BH, especially when I was doing a PG diary and I had not announced my pregnancy.